Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i like the type that comes out of the soda tap from the last bar in my town willing or legally able to serve me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P_T_S
Aug 28, 2009

ElectricSheep posted:

Original New York Seltzer was extremely my poo poo in the late 80s - early 90s and still retails here and there

https://www.newyorkseltzer.com/

It also has the same amount of sugar as Coke, etc. (I also used to drink them as a child and pick the labels off in shreds)

Polar's experimental, seasonal flavors are great and have no calories.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Has someone said whiteclawz yet?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

salt shakeup posted:

You can make your own at home for way cheaper and it isn't filled with minerals to give you kidney stones either.

How?

I drink plain seltzer but really don't want kidney stones

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

EA Sports posted:

the american brand are good they load em up with so much aspartame
:psyduck:

quote:

you can't taste any bitterness from the co2
:psyboom:

CO2 makes it sour, not bitter.
The bitterness is from the minerals or flavoring.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

How?

I drink plain seltzer but really don't want kidney stones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdiYurCRDI4

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

or you could get a soda bottle like a normal person

jk im a weirdo but i still like it

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
why to all of this

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Brolander posted:

unflavored

This is the answer op.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

But how does that version prevent kidney stones

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
The best "name" brand I ever found was Vintage, preferably Lemon-Lime flavor. Unfortunately it's almost impossible to find around here now, so I pretty much stick to the house brand stuff from the local supermarket, which is cheaper anyway considering I drink 3 liters of the stuff on an average day.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

But how does that version prevent kidney stones

ummm, electrolytes

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

The only good ones are the ones with fruit juice like San Pellegrino and Spindrift. Sheetz used to sell Spindrift around here but I haven’t seen it in months.

Seltzer itself always has a hideous taste, so it doesn’t matter what “essence” they’re using in it, it’s always going to taste like carbonic acid.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Labes for days posted:

The only good ones are the ones with fruit juice like San Pellegrino and Spindrift. Sheetz used to sell Spindrift around here but I haven’t seen it in months.

Seltzer itself always has a hideous taste, so it doesn’t matter what “essence” they’re using in it, it’s always going to taste like carbonic acid.

Ah yes, as a goon I too think "bubbly water" is "hideous". Christ you people.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Like you all know that seltzer water isn't TONIC water, right?

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Coasterphreak posted:

The best "name" brand I ever found was Vintage, preferably Lemon-Lime flavor. Unfortunately it's almost impossible to find around here now, so I pretty much stick to the house brand stuff from the local supermarket, which is cheaper anyway considering I drink 3 liters of the stuff on an average day.

vintage has great bubblefeel. honestly that's the most important thing. la croix has lovely little bubbles i refuse to drink it

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

Big Beef City posted:

Like you all know that seltzer water isn't TONIC water, right?

lol gettin mad about water

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Anyway I'm gonna get a case of Spindrift to try tonight.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i've always loved to chug seltzer. get that bubble rush, ride the wave of carbonation. makes me feel alive

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Just drink carbonated water/ it's like .99 you lameass "supertaster'' goons.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Big Beef City posted:

Sorry I insulted the lovely flavor of carbonic acid, but at least it has you to defend its honor.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Get any tasteless bubble water and one of those squeezable flava packs and you are ready to begin your journey to flavour town

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Just imagine managing to be wrong about how water tastes.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
for real i just have a bunch of different flavors of bitters and throw a few drops into a glass of soda water and BAM homemade flavored soda water

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I like it with a fresh squeeze of lime and also cranberry juice if I'm feeling saucy.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Big Beef City posted:

Just imagine managing to be wrong about how water tastes.

Water is not seltzer water hth

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Cherry Bubly is my jam but it seriously goes flat almost instantly

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

are you supposed to pronounce it "Bubbly" or "boobly" because I feel like I'm being FORCED to call it "boobly" and I don't like it.
In addition it seems like a lot of Klarbrunn's weirder flavors like blueberry passionfruit and their starfruit lychee stuff all just run together and taste the same. WELL that's my dissertation on advanced sparkling water flavors ty.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Apparently I’m the only one who likes laxcrouis coconut flavor. I said it recently and people at work stared at me like I said I enjoy stabbing babies. Just total disgust.

I dunno, it’s refreshing to me.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

No my wife likes that one too and buys it and I'm just like...whatever. We normally have maybe 2-3 different kinds that we get random flavors of, and so there's normally a mix of cans available as we go through them, and alot of them look fairly similar, like the colors and labels aren't always the most 'stand out'ish', so sometimes I'll reach for one and get a coconut and silently curse it under my breath.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The blackberry and lemon Bubly flavors are nice imo. If you live in the northeast Stop n Shop puts out a seasonal ginger lime mule seltzer which is real good. Cranberry orange and cherry limeade Polar are good too.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I just buy the energy drink concentrate for the home soda making machines and drink that.

It's like a really big and strong 5 hour energy, but I guess it's like a 530 hour energy and you'll get the heart rate of a humming bird.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Topo Chico Lime is the only one of these kinds of things I would buy again.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

White Claw

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
la croix coconut is one of my favorites, it is delicious

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I saw non-alcoholic CBD seltzer in my local package store but didn’t try it because it seemed dumb.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Wegman's brand Lemon-Lime is good. Actually I've never had a lemon or lime flavor from any brand that I didn't like.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

gey muckle mowser posted:

Wegman's brand Lemon-Lime is good. Actually I've never had a lemon or lime flavor from any brand that I didn't like.

Most of the Wegman's brand seltzers are good, and they have like 15 varieties.

Their private-label kombuchas are real good too and cheaper than the others

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Most of the Wegman's brand seltzers are good, and they have like 15 varieties.

Their private-label kombuchas are real good too and cheaper than the others

have you tried the new ginger-flavored seltzer they have? I'm curious about it but they don't have smaller bottles and I don't want to commit to a 12-pack in case it's gross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Rad-daddio posted:

I just buy the energy drink concentrate for the home soda making machines and drink that.

It's like a really big and strong 5 hour energy, but I guess it's like a 530 hour energy and you'll get the heart rate of a humming bird.

I don't think you're supposed to put the whole bottle in.

Also to everyone who thinks seltzer doesn't have any taste, sorry your taste buds died. La Croix is a solid national brand, Polar is very good, and Klarbrunn is a solid option with a ton of flavour options here in Wisconsin. Wasn't a fan of Spindrift though.