Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

gey muckle mowser posted:

have you tried the new ginger-flavored seltzer they have? I'm curious about it but they don't have smaller bottles and I don't want to commit to a 12-pack in case it's gross

It's decent, it's got an expected gingery taste but it doesn't have an actual ginger bite if that's what you're looking for.

gently caress, that reminds me of the greatest bottled drinks ever made (RIP)

I miss those, they were genuinely spicy and amazing :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

gey muckle mowser posted:

have you tried the new ginger-flavored seltzer they have?

Whoa, they have ginger seltzer now?! I gotta look into that.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Infidel Castro posted:

I don't think you're supposed to put the whole bottle in.

Also to everyone who thinks seltzer doesn't have any taste, sorry your taste buds died. La Croix is a solid national brand, Polar is very good, and Klarbrunn is a solid option with a ton of flavour options here in Wisconsin. Wasn't a fan of Spindrift though.

I love flavored seltzers but LaCroix is awful.

e: also:

Infidel Castro posted:

here in Wisconsin

:crossarms:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
la croix is really hit or miss depending on the flavor

the mixed berry one i think it is tastes like trash

coconut, grapefruit, & peach pear are delicious

can't comment on the others

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
spindrift is good but i dont think its good enough to warrant the price. honestly i really enjoy the kroger/giant eagle name brands. carbonation is strong, and when its cold you dont really taste much. i like cherry flavors and lime/lemons. other flavors are terrible
theres a seltzer that tastes like dr. pepper and i like that one but not the cola/root beer one. low key addicted to fizzy water

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
My favorite seltzer is beer

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Yeah unfortunately I can't drink beer every day because I'm trying to be less fat, not more fat

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I really enjoy Miller Lite, OP

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Just drink coconut water and stay significantly more hydrated than everyone else.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Rad-daddio posted:

Just drink coconut water and stay significantly more hydrated than everyone else.

The new pressed coconut Vita Coco is heaven in a bottle. I want a keg

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am imagining all the people in here complaining about seltzer water are extremely diabetic. Seltzer water tastes fine, and is flavorful if you aren't eating/drinking sugary poo poo all day like children

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

imgay posted:

I am imagining all the people in here complaining about seltzer water are extremely diabetic. Seltzer water tastes fine, and is flavorful if you aren't eating/drinking sugary poo poo all day like children

Almost as though that is the purpose of the thread :thunk:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

imgay posted:

My brother hates seltzer because it 'isn't sweet enough'

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
The only reason I workout is so I can eat and drink garbage like I'm still a kid.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I saw non-alcoholic CBD seltzer in my local package store but didn’t try it because it seemed dumb.

Weird choice for them to market it with a mirror on the side of the packaging.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

bradzilla posted:

Yeah unfortunately I can't drink beer every day because I'm trying to be less fat, not more fat

Waiting for your spindrift review. I'm mid thirties and got a freaky blood test early this year that snapped me into reality, it's actually been kinda fun getting back into a nonblob shape

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Pewdiepie posted:

:argh:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Rad-daddio posted:

The only reason I workout is so I can drink beer

:yeah:

Donovan Trip posted:

Waiting for your spindrift review. I'm mid thirties and got a freaky blood test early this year that snapped me into reality, it's actually been kinda fun getting back into a nonblob shape

Spindrift is the most "natural" tasting of them all IMO (probably because there's actually a bit of fruit juice in them). The cucumber one is really, really good on a hot day.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
like if you're feeling feisty just squeeze some lemon in the plain cold seltzer and that's great as is

hate that aspartame poo poo

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

like if you're feeling feisty just squeeze some lemon in the plain cold seltzer and that's great as is

hate that aspartame poo poo

My stomach lining will probably be dissolved entirely by age 40 because of this, but my favorite drink is a 1-liter bottle of unflavored seltzer, take a good swig out of it and then fill it back all the way to the top with straight lemon juice.

If the first sip doesn't literally make my mouth pucker, add more lemon juice.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Mozi posted:

polar lime or the shaws brand lime

Lol we got a masshole here

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Pewdiepie posted:

:thurman:

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

imgay posted:

I used to drink soda, but since I've switched to seltzer most soda tastes absurdly sweet to me. Maybe once a month I'll get a small coke with lunch, and if it's cold and filled with ice it's delicious for the first maybe 6 ounces and then it just becomes too sugary for me.

and this isn't a goony "sugar is for children" post because I'll eat the gently caress out of some candy

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

imgay posted:

Oh it’s absolutely a defence mechanism because they’re embarrassed at being addicted to sugar.

I love weird seltzer flavours but I live in Canada which is notorious for not carrying more than a few flavours of anything ever (citrus fruits and then one other “weird” flavour, usually), so I have to do seltzer runs to the States for anything more exciting than coconut La Croix (which is my favourite).

Blueberry lemonade Polar is ridiculously delicious and I am extremely envious of Americans for having access to it all the time!

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
I dunno if you have a Wegmans but they have some pretty bitching seltzers, and introduce new flavors quite often.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Spindrift is absolutely the best one bar none since it just uses a little real juice to flavor it, no essense bullshit like trash LaCroix

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

Metaline posted:

Blueberry lemonade Polar is ridiculously delicious and I am extremely envious of Americans for having access to it all the time!

Yes, yes. I am american though I don't always have access to it, seems to be seasonal.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Relayer posted:

I dunno if you have a Wegmans but they have some pretty bitching seltzers, and introduce new flavors quite often.

Hell yeah brother

e: as a bonus the one that opened by me has an absolutely massive beer selection, and they must have a huge budget because they've got a larger variety of in-state brewed (and not cheap) beers than I've seen literally anywhere else in the state.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I haven’t been a soda drinker in almost a year now and drink regular water and unsweetened tea just fine. It’s not an issue of it being “not sweet enough” so much as i haven’t yet had seltzer that didn’t make me immediately dump it out and replace it with regular water.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

Voltage posted:

Spindrift is absolutely the best one bar none since it just uses a little real juice to flavor it, no essense bullshit like trash LaCroix

It's not seltzer if it uses any real juice at all.

:goonsay:

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Hell yeah brother

Oh gently caress yeah.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Relayer posted:

Yes, yes. I am american though I don't always have access to it, seems to be seasonal.

They sell it in the 1-liter bottles and canned 12-packs; I think it used to be seasonal but worked it's way into the main rotation.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Does Polar distribute nationally now? Back in the day it was almost exclusively a New England thing, you could find it in some stores in NY/NJ.

A rare miss they're having now are those teeny tiny cans they're doing. "Quirky" flavor names and no actual description of what they are (but they mostly just taste like artificial candy flavors)

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Aldi sells a pretty big bottle of various flavored seltzer waters for 69 cents a bottle, sometimes 59 on sale. The citrus flavored ones are pretty great.

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

Hi OP
I don't know what you've tried but I enjoy the Bubly flavors "cherry" and "green apple." They seem to have more flavor than others imho. But I am not picky and have been known to toss back a few La Croix's in my time.

Have you tried those mio drink enhancer things?

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Snow Cone Capone posted:

My stomach lining will probably be dissolved entirely by age 40 because of this, but my favorite drink is a 1-liter bottle of unflavored seltzer, take a good swig out of it and then fill it back all the way to the top with straight lemon juice.

If the first sip doesn't literally make my mouth pucker, add more lemon juice.

:respek:

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Wish it was easier to make seltzer at home than buying an expensive device and a bunch of canisters. It seems like a bad joke that I'm buying bottles and cans of water and exhale

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Kazak posted:

Wish it was easier to make seltzer at home than buying an expensive device and a bunch of canisters. It seems like a bad joke that I'm buying bottles and cans of water and exhale

It really doesn't even save you that much money (if any at all) considering you still have to buy CO2 canisters.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

Kazak posted:

That sodastream thing sucks dogshit. I had one and always made a huge mess, and the resulting drink was like if you opened a can of pepsi and let it sit out for 2 hours. One time I also cut myself, somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

imgay posted:

y don't u sugar Deez nutz