Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Some background: when I was 16 my parents went through a divorce and it hit me pretty hard and I made some really bad decisions. I got mixed-up in the wrong crowd, took some drugs I shouldn’t have took, failed a bunch of classes, spent some time in Juvie and made a poorly-worded deal with the capricious gods that cursed me with the “gift” of prophecy.

I know what you’re thinking: prophecy? How’s that a curse? Yeah tell that to all my failed relationships and lost jobs over the years. Besides the fact that I had to become legally blind “for the look of the thing” I can barely control when it even flares up and if I even try to use my gift for personal gain or accept any kind of payment for my visions fuckin’ Apollo afflicts me with plague and misfortune. Once I let a dude buy me a coors after a fortune; I had gout for a week and my house burned down. So Mr. Teenage Dumbass put himself on disability for the rest of his life in exchange for the world’s least-lucrative and most off-putting party trick.

Flash forward 10 years: I had joined a support group that’s been helping me to manage my visions for the past 2 years and I got a really cool job at this socially-aware company that tries to put disabled people to work when I relapsed and relapsed hard and accidentally told a co-worker his exact time and manner of death.

I’ve already had to speak to HR about it and they’re taking it really seriously. I have documentation for my blindness but not the whole Oracle of Apollo thing because its “not really a disability”. Help me out thread! I’ve just signed a lease and really don’t want to lose my job, there’s not a lot of other companies out here that hire the blind. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL
Consult your astrologer

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
I'm going to predict you are not taking your meds.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
Is this like, ‘That’s so raven’ tier visions where instead of zoning out you get weird preventable health problems? If so then lol

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Holy poo poo I've never seen this much Mercury Retrograde at once !!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Gonna need some Powerball number proof before proceeding.

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what magical artifacts do you have access to?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
The ICE! Is Gonna BREAK!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Tell us tomorrow's lottery numbers OP.

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
predict the 2020 presidential election

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
hook us up with some stock tips dawg I wanna do that insider trading poo poo I hear it's a gold mine

don't worry we won't give you anything in return so you won't get gout

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I can predict where this is going :gas:

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Imagine I quoted something from Warhammer 40k here :effort:

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

super sweet best pal posted:

Tell us tomorrow's lottery numbers OP.

A man on an isle
shovel on shoulder and map in hand
filled with hope sees two palms in an X and digs
He is a fool and gladly misses
That he is digging on quicksand
A chest sits away on the other side of the isle
In it: a paper with a four-word treasure
High yield mutual funds

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

The premise of this thread is way too busy - too many concepts going on at once.

Voted 1.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Just remember the Death card isn't necessarily a bad thing OP. It could be talking about someone you don't like.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

A man on an isle
shovel on shoulder and map in hand
filled with hope sees two palms in an X and digs
He is a fool and gladly misses
That he is digging on quicksand
A chest sits away on the other side of the isle
In it: a paper with a four-word treasure
High yield mutual funds

cool but what about the numbers? 2?

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
> kill jester

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
If you're psychic then predict the type of dump I'm about to take

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Who What Now posted:

medium slurry

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Who What Now posted:

bee eater posted:

cool but what about the numbers? 2?

nut
Jul 30, 2019

h-holy...

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Nostradumpus

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
That's a pretty bad story without telling us what the time and manner of death in question was.
Was it "stapler to the face, in 3 seconds"? That would explain HR being particularly hot under the collar about it.
Edit: because it's a misuse of company property.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJo0MT3wDBs

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H5uWRjFsGc

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1xvUuPoXvU

crabcakes dogg
Aug 8, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
How are you with train schedules?

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDZV8MM07F0

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Anonymously deliver your prophecies through a wireless speaker hidden inside a statue or a dead cat, some kind of dumb poo poo like that. I think that's how Apollo did it back when he was drinking all the time and would just never shut the gently caress up.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Great thread!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
That's so Raven reboot getting really weird.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
when you think about jobs in antiquity telling fortunes in a cave filled with intoxicating natural gas isnt that bad really

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
youre high all the time and people bring you poo poo and then you tell them theyll die a hero

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
all jobs, really

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
imagine being a janitor in 17BC

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Hey, op,
A bunch of people are going to tell you to gently caress off.

I'm going to tell you to PM me.

You can, or can't, and that's ok.

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord

jingle is dead .... game over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

op have you consulted any local magic users with this problem? My roommate Cassandra had very similar issues to yours which turned out to be a kind of spasm of the psychic floor muscles. she learned some exercises and drew some protective symbols, and now she’s a legit esper

ten minutes with your local witch or wizard could possibly get you all set