Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Goa Tse-tung posted:

IP crossovers are gonna be so common I vote Vampire: The Requiem and Werewolf: The Forsaken

Andrew Lloyd Webber's Vampire: The Masquerade, paper faces on parade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?
In the prerelease kits was the first time I saw the Arena advertisement saying "Be the best player in the room" showing a person playing all alone. It felt really sad and did not make me want to fire up arena.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

TacoNight posted:

In the prerelease kits was the first time I saw the Arena advertisement saying "Be the best player in the room" showing a person playing all alone. It felt really sad and did not make me want to fire up arena.
God drat.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

TacoNight posted:

Lol Jesus that’s bleak

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Amazing. Pic please.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TacoNight posted:

Lmfao

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
2-2 at my prerelease. I had a decent RB good stuff deck that I could have 3-1'd if I didn't punt my last game by missing exact lethal :(

e: also a bunch of people there opened packs missing rares which was kind of hosed. the friend I went with had three of his six missing. the store gave him some free packs but he was pissed

The Klowner fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Sep 18, 2021

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Mezzanon posted:

5c remix to ignition.

PleasantDirge posted:

R Kelley is a convicted child rapist and abuser/kidnapper of young women who evaded public scrutiny bc he preyed on black women, not your cheeky pre-release joke reference subject. Bruh...

I wouldn't normally say anything about this exchange since the thread's moved on but since we are trying to make the Magic thread more chill...

1. Yes, R Kelly should be in the bin. Naming a deck after one of his songs could come across as a little tasteless.

2. When you're telling someone 'hey, this person here is a monster' I generally have better luck going in with the assumption they didn't know rather than that they're making a tasteless joke (or worse).

Anyway, that's all. I have to take a big drink and see if there's any breaking news about abusive assholes in tabletop RPGs so I don't make the same mistake.

teppichporsche
May 11, 2019

The Klowner posted:

2-2 at my prerelease. I had a decent RB good stuff deck that I could have 3-1'd if I didn't punt my last game by missing exact lethal :(

e: also a bunch of people there opened packs missing rares which was kind of hosed. the friend I went with had three of his six missing. the store gave him some free packs but he was pissed

Imagine loving up filling booster packs after 30 years of experience

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

TacoNight posted:

Lmao fuckin' hell that is the exact opposite of a good advertisement. "Hey idiot, you suck at magic why don't you fire up this game so you don't inflict your badness on people in person???"

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yawgmoth posted:

Lmao fuckin' hell that is the exact opposite of a good advertisement. "Hey idiot, you suck at magic why don't you fire up this game so you don't inflict your badness on people in person???"

In fairness, every single print, tv, and web advertisement or trailer wotc has ever made is awful and cringey

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Amazing. Pic please.

TacoNight fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Sep 18, 2021

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

TacoNight posted:

Lmao drat

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The Klowner posted:

In fairness, every single print, tv, and web advertisement or trailer wotc has ever made is awful and cringey

That Japanese commercial with the song is cool!!

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

The Eldraine trailer owned bones

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

that is an incredibly bleak ad. Like Montana meth bleak.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

PleasantDirge posted:

R Kelley is a convicted child rapist and abuser/kidnapper of young women who evaded public scrutiny bc he preyed on black women, not your cheeky pre-release joke reference subject. Bruh...

Lol ok

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

The Klowner posted:

How dare you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_FY8dKyJFo
This is art.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

It gets more amazing the more you look at it

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Very cool of WotC to have existential dread in their mtga ad in midnight hunt packs.

It checks out for me.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HORROR

IN-GAME PURCHASES

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

I was assuming a much bigger room, not a bedroom.

Still pretty rude though.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Even without being primed to view it as depressing by the written description here or the text on the image, I think there's just something unnerving about that picture.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
who sits like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Behold!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3979741

Your fresh new Magic thread. I hope it's good!