Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

The old thread title change was so bad we had to leave?

Anyways, might be good to have a note on sleeves in the OP as questions about those pop up often enough:

Best Sleeves as of Summer 2019 (make sure to buy "Standard" and not "Japanese" sizes):
Ultimate Guard Katana
Dragon Shield Matte

For inner sleeves, KMC Perfect Fits are the de facto standard. Dragon Shield perfect fits are also fine. Don't buy sideloader perfect fits.

Also, the Tolarian Community College playlist of sleeve reviews is pretty well respected. Watch the newest videos first as quality of brands that were previously good have later become suspect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

araeris posted:

Anyways, might be good to have a note on sleeves in the OP as questions about those pop up often enough:

Best Sleeves as of Summer 2019 (make sure to buy "Standard" and not "Japanese" sizes):
Ultimate Guard Katana
Dragon Shield Matte

Dragon shield classic for life!!

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

How are UP Eclipse sleeves rated these days? I got a pack of 100 but a few are already showing wear after a few games, while the Dragonshields and Katanas are more or less spotless. Did I just have bad luck with mine?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Argas posted:

How are UP Eclipse sleeves rated these days? I got a pack of 100 but a few are already showing wear after a few games, while the Dragonshields and Katanas are more or less spotless. Did I just have bad luck with mine?

They're great at first but quickly degrade into gross feeling leather in a very short time. I like Dragonshields but the texture on the back does that unsettling thing to me, and sometimes the corners are so sharp that they catch on each other. They're still way ahead of any other sleeve except Katanas. It's cool we've gotten some real big leaps in sleeve quality in the last two years or so.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

suicidesteve posted:

https://twitter.com/OwenTweetenwald/status/1166837429690494977?s=19

Huh. This might be the first actual apology I've seen for this type of thing. Also it taught me that apparently I hadn't unfollowed him on Twitter.

"For reasons completely unrelated to the failure of my rebranding attempt two days ago, I suddenly see the error of my past actions."

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Argas posted:

UltraPro sleeves have always been trash for me, between getting scuffed on the front really quickly and splitting down the sides after about a month or so of regular FNM runs. I stick with matte dragon shields.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Argas posted:

I'm an UltraPro fanboy and their only good sleeves are the regular pro matte sleeves.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Star Man posted:

I'm an UltraPro fanboy and their only good sleeves are the regular pro matte sleeves.

rip, hope they get a followup from TCC then.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

araeris posted:

Ultimate Guard Katana
Dragon Shield Matte

For inner sleeves, KMC Perfect Fits are the de facto standard. Dragon Shield perfect fits are also fine. Don't buy sideloader perfect fits.

Also, the Tolarian Community College playlist of sleeve reviews is pretty well respected. Watch the newest videos first as quality of brands that were previously good have later become suspect.

I super dig katana sleeves but they're so hard to find for a good price lately unless they're a crappy color. Dragon Shield mattes are a step below but still great and there's a huge assortment of colors to pick from.

Dragon Shield sealable inners are great and well worth the extra effort imo, on that note.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

little munchkin posted:

"For reasons completely unrelated to the failure of my rebranding attempt two days ago, I suddenly see the error of my past actions."

Yeah. But on the other hand I'm a little more willing to look past it than usual given that it's an actual apology and mea culpa, which is rare enough

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

little munchkin posted:

Yeah, I mean it's not great. But it's at least an apology. Literally the first of its kind.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Elyv posted:

If I was a shapeshifter I would also have abs like that

I respect Oko's bold taste in pants.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I have a prediction for the new walker:
Her plus is some kind of incremental advantage, her minus is somen kind of removal, and her ult effectively wins you the game.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
It's very possible that Oko might have a passive ability too, since that seems to be the new hotness with planeswalkers.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The Lord of Hats posted:

I respect Oko's bold taste in pants.
I really enjoyed facebook messenger's cropping when I shipped the article to a friend

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Framboise posted:

It's very possible that Oko might have a passive ability too, since that seems to be the new hotness with planeswalkers.

I thought they said passive abilities on Planeswalkers was specific to War of the Spark and not something they want to make an evergreen design thing?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Mat Cauthon posted:

I thought they said passive abilities on Planeswalkers was specific to War of the Spark and not something they want to make an evergreen design thing?

They literally said the exact opposite of that.

Well, I guess not the exact opposite. It's a deciduous mechanic that will keep coming back where it makes sense, even without being a big theme of a particular set.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Owlbear Camus posted:

Her plus is some kind of incremental advantage, her minus is somen kind of removal, and her ult effectively wins you the game.

Wild if true

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Owlbear Camus posted:

Not really a fair criticism anymore since they designed a large number of interesting well balanced (minus one) walkers that don't follow that mold.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
In fairness to wizards they have been doing a decent job of breaking out of that mold

e;fb

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cynic Jester posted:

This is some next level trolling.

THE PERFECT SYSTEM

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone have any experience with custom art proxies? What's the best service? I want to make a set of the funky eldrazi photoshops as a birthday present for a friend

The Klowner fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Aug 29, 2019

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Magic Underwear posted:

Not really a fair criticism anymore since they designed a large number of interesting well balanced (minus one) walkers that don't follow that mold.

Which is the minus one in your mind? I'm curious.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Urza's Mine. Go Get Your Own. :colbert:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

My opponent swings in with two Stitchers Suppliers and Lazav (a 1/3 for those of you keeping score at home). Before damage I cast Flame Sweep, dealing 2 to everything. His graveyard now full to bursting he gets excited and shifts Lazav (with two damage marked on him) into a 2/2 Theif of Sanity during his second main.

After his Lazav popped, he emoted "oops" and shame conceded.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Owlbear Camus posted:

My opponent swings in with two Stitchers Suppliers and Lazav (a 1/3 for those of you keeping score at home). Before damage I cast Flame Sweep, dealing 2 to everything. His graveyard now full to bursting he gets excited and shifts Lazav (with two damage marked on him) into a 2/2 Theif of Sanity during his second main.

After his Lazav popped, he emoted "oops" and shame conceded.

:roflolmao: This ain't Eternal.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

JerryLee posted:

Which is the minus one in your mind? I'm curious.

Tibalt, obviously.

For real though smolferi is notably stronger than the rest and more general purpose too. Narset is really good as well but it's hard to beat three mana for a bounce that cycles, stuffs flash/instants and leaves a remainder. And weird end step scapeshift type stuff.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Thread is now the Flashback thread

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

They're now both the same name so I'm getting confused

Pehaps I'm suffering from another graveyard disease: delirium

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

It's madness and we should discard the other thread

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Mat Cauthon posted:

One of the Chandras from M20 had a passive that keeps her from being countered, so maybe? Who knows.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Framboise posted:

One of the Chandras from M20 had a passive that keeps her from being countered, so maybe? Who knows.

You? If you read the post literally right after the one you quoted?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
It's not like that guarantees Eldraine planeswalkers will have them, is what I mean. I'm just saying it's a possibility.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Magic thread with buyback leads to repetitive conversational patterns.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

This is why you discard first.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Magic thread with buyback leads to repetitive conversational patterns.

The thread doesn't have buyback. It has retrace because we're still down cards every time we talk about something.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
oh hi new thread

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Post new Stoneforge builds, I’m so excited the card is legal!

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Post new Stoneforge builds, I’m so excited the card is legal!

I'm listening to Arena Decklists pod and Gerry Thompson is taking about an article he's working on that will have like 30 sfm decks but I'm not sure if it's out yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

sit on my Facebook posted:

Yeah. But on the other hand I'm a little more willing to look past it than usual given that it's an actual apology and mea culpa, which is rare enough

If you only apologize months after the issues crop up and only when you get called out on it while trying to move into a new business, it undermines the idea that you are remotely authentic in your apology. Owen didn't apologize and come clean when he was first called out for being a sex pest. He only 'apologized' and came clean when he realized that people still remembered that he was a sex pest. This is not a real apology.