Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Is there more than just a thin difference between wrecking a format and being mandatory in a format?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

If they put +1/+1 counters on creatures they'll be limited to sorcery speed.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Voyager I posted:

Rowan, Intrepid Sparkmage
+1: Up to one target creature gets +3/+0 and Haste until end of turn
-2: Choose up to two target creatures. Rowan, Intrepid Sparkmage does 1 damage to each. Those creatures can't block this turn.
-9: Gain control of all creatures until end of turn. Untap them. They gain haste until end of turn.

either initiative or celerite is haste but I doubt they both are

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

first turn arclight with that, if you wanted to

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

You don't need anything to pay no mana for something.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Someone find the edge case where the draw player being able to play it on their opponent's first turn somehow matters.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

gotta work to not have the enchantment on the board when it comes time to sac something

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

You can still wait for the trigger and then sac it to something else or bounce it, and you'll get the effect.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Thrash-that-draws-you-Threat/Threat

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I wonder if copies of adamant spells will copy the extra criteria being met. Probably not, I guess?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

3 mana vivien would be good with the blink bear

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

5 mana teferi was 3 mana

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

if something else alters base values it'd be whichever one came into play last takes over

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

sleepy goes missing, later he reappears, but he's calling himself "Lazav," and the other dwarves just don't feel the same around him

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

red already has https://gatherer.wizards.com/pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=457264

and its pay 1: for nearly unblockable is better

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

BG

1/2

At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, that opponent exiles the top card of their library. If it's a non-human creature card with power 3 or greater, that opponent may put it onto the battlefield, then it fights up to one creature of that opponent's choice. Otherwise, you draw a card and lose 1 life.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

this is going to be in standard, too
https://gatherer.wizards.com/pages/card/details.aspx?name=Scuttlemutt

along with mystic forge, karn and ugin

colorless deck might be playable

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

A card that fits right into goblin chainwhirler's maindeck spot and another big gently caress you to root snare decks.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

naya tokens with proliferate

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

still need the lands for CMC even if you aren't tapping them, though

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

What would modern look like if there was suddenly intense pressure to not play fetches?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

y'all ready for a LOT of pridemate decks

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

If they were cool they'd print a card where you can only trigger the extra effect with an outside tax effect.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

like right there, if you bin the surveiled card, you're at CMC 2 already

Hard to bin a land you need, of course.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

oh ya nvm, brain fart of new cards

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Can target itself on defense to 1for1 with upside against anything without first strike.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

You can put it in your sideboard and grab it with karn, then use it as a 12/12 beater for 2.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Well, I just stole my momir opponent's zetalpa with bringer of the red dawn and then sacrificed it with that 3/3 basilisk.

Before I realized that I could have stolen my opponent's jin-gitaxis and then nuked them by feeding all the cards to my borborygmos.

So ya, there's a bit more to the top end of momir on arena, now.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

You can activate it after the cavalcade pings have gone off.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Barely-readable foreign-ized lookalike characters are off-putting even if they look good, which they don't in the ahmonket ones.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Adventure cards are treated as creatures in most cases, so you couldn't target it.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Elyv posted:

code:
"Tenacious Knight"
BR
Creature - Human Knight
Menace

At the beginning of your upkeep, each player draws a card and loses 1 life.
Illus. Chris Ralles	2/2

not a great effect if narset is out

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

you'd need to pay the nullhide tax, so you'd spend your 5 mana and be left with the 2 mana from the henge

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Little boost for field of the dead. One extra way to find one of a variety of missing lands. One extra zombie at instant speed, sometimes.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Tainen posted:

This seems super strong

I know there are way better uses, but this is great for a creeping chill deck/drowned secrets deck.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Each of those mouths spends all its time whispering about crypto and blockchain and the cloud.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Feeling elevated levels of mystery.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

The game used to run rock solid back when it was just amonhket and ixalan. It's the cosmetics.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

all your creatures can be played as 2/2 fishelementals that draw two cards for 4U, or evoked for 2U to draw two cards

or played normally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

doom foretold-> basilica bell-haunt or cavalier of dawn/night-> athreos

something like that

I like how, at least, it's too awkward and slow to be a control finisher. It wants other creatures on the battlefield.