Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
The double cost is baffling, but I like that they're going the route of adding cards to historic from older sets. As long as they choose well (unlikely) adding some fan favorites into historic could be very interesting, and I wonder if they could even add in reserved list cards.

Also I read a theory that WotC purposefully introduced the lovely 2 for 1 system so when they back down to a normal 1 to 1 rate people will be happier, when in reality historic cards should have been cheaper.

moush fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Aug 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

flatluigi posted:

how exactly are you calculating that

Well I think his argument is that he actually makes money off MTGO so if he were to try playing arena he would have to buy cards. If he's as good as he says, he could likely go infinite in Arena after an initial buy-in. Even for me, someone who's pretty bad and buys packs every expansion, I haven't reached nearly as high as $1000.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Hellsau posted:

Because they'd have to ban a huge number of cards to avoid those blocks overshadowing the rest of the Historic format. As it stands, only small Teferi is likely to need to get banned eventually.

Also they probably will add those sets once it takes 2x wildcards to get anything from them.

Some WotC community guy in the reddit thread said they are willing to either add the entire set in the future or just specific cards they don't see as problematic.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
My first 2 rounds of Omni draft my opponent drops a T1 6 mana Chandra. Nice!

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Tom Ross is running BW Hammer Infect at the moment, looks hilarious. I really hope someone makes a viable hammer deck.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Seeing as how Historic will never have fetches and WotC is going to push it as the next big format, I'm not sure what the argument for fetches is.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

uggy posted:

I’m sorry did you not read the thread recently where mtg was going to kill historic live on screen, in front of its parents, modern and extended

Much like how Arena died when they made multiple incredibly anti-consumer decisions? I think they'll run back the lovely 2 for 1 idea and it will become at least moderately successful. The second they print brainstorm into it, I'm sure a lot of people will forget the hate and jam.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Good thing Faithless Looting, the problem card that enabled all graveyard decks, was banned.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Where's the love for Boss rear end Witch?

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Really hope they pushed the food/aristocrat archetype.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Think WotC made a mistake waiting this long between the initial trailer and spoiler season. Their video got a ton of buzz and now people are just sitting around waiting.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Might have to actually get back into paper standard if mono black becomes good enough, especially with Theros around the corner.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Rinkles posted:

lol i thought it was a dumb joke by ross not actual indignation

I'd hope the emoji gave that away, but WotC took it down an apologized lol.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
CFB posted all the decklists for the Ghent GP.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...d=0&single=true

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

AlternateNu posted:

Awww. All the Dredge decks in the top 32 made the same changes. 4 x Faithless --> 1 more Thug + 3 Insolent Neonates.
Booooooooring.

I was hoping for something a little more substantial.

Sultai Vengevine might get a lucky result someday.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Adamant would make as much sense if it was "all mana" instead of just three.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
WotC added some higher cost creatures from past sets to Arena to diversify top end threats on momir.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

evilweasel posted:

odd that it gets cheaper as it gets better

Probably because the more you activate it, the worse it gets. It's just another curve topper for black but I'm not sure it's better than command/citadel. It does work well with self-mill and discard though.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

Someone with more time than me should make a website for goons that lets them rate cards from 1-10 that locks before prerelease weekend because I bet every set would be 1-2 cards with 9 ratings and every other card a 1-3 rating

They use a google sheet in the hearthstone thread, it's pretty interesting.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
At least they didn't change the card font like they did for Amonket invocations.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
I'm stoked, Mastermind's Acquisition was one of my favorite cards in standard.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
BO3 honestly isn't much different. You're either aggro or control because the only viable midrange deck is scapeshift.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Some galaxy brain poo poo from my boy Sam.

https://twitter.com/SamuelHBlack/status/1174400141882810370

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
RIP fetchless standard.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Skyl3lazer posted:

Considering that I think rosewater loving hates Song of the Dryads I imagine he should hate this card too, but probably doesn't for some reason he definitely didn't just make up.

Flavor.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Whales gonna whale.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Also lol @ that blue land.

"end of you turn fetch ~, putting terminus on top of my deck"

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Also works amazingly with Deprive and Cryptic.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
So is that the only way to get a non-foil Kenrith? Wonder if that means they won't allow proxies of it.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
It wouldn't just be 5-10 minutes, the whole point of pod drafting is you play the entire swiss with those same players. No one is going to want to put down 4-5 hours to play a draft swiss.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Bots are probably better than the average MTG:Arena player.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Ah yes let's be racist because some twitch streamer likes gachi and anime music.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Where you at to doom and gloom Sickening?

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Sickening posted:

Wait no Texas? Wtf scg!

Yeah that's the point I was trying to make. Guess last event really did poorly here.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
This is just the Arena MC right? The paper one is after the ban announcement.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Isn't Hearthstone made in Unity?

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
WotC doing a pretty good job of hiding Golos. I guess they're just getting ready for a top 32 of 80% golos.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Pretty obvious they're going for that 80s stranger things vibe.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
David Williams deserves all the blame for the late submission, but having to restart games is terrible. This must be why WotC is showing the games on a delay to make sure they don't show any crashes on stream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Rinkles posted:

Does Arena "blow up" often enough for it to be a real concern?

I dunno, I've never personally had it happen to me but their tournament set up could be causing more problems than us regular folk see.