Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

They're now both the same name so I'm getting confused

Pehaps I'm suffering from another graveyard disease: delirium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Lawnie posted:

Tbh putting bob in historic would get me to play it once so

Imagine then putting in Bob without actual Bob art

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Cactrot posted:

You know we're getting the Skrillex Bob.

gently caress arena

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Eej posted:

Arena has easy access to uh... pseudo shuffle? effects like Brainstorming and then activating Azcanta or Narset to get rid of bad cards.

There is also Field but that comes with probably a bigger deckbuilding restriction than Wilds.

Can't wait for Terramorphic Expanse to make it so we have 8 pseudo-fetches in arena.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Hellsau posted:

i paid for entry and played in a masters 25 booster box sealed tournament, i get to complain about those two horrendous masters sets all i want

You can complain about M25 as being a way to get more JtMS out there before they unbanned it but Iconic Masters was a fun format and like a dozen cards would be so loving expensive without it right now. Imagine Mishra's Bauble being most expensive that FoW.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

smertrioslol posted:

FNM trip report with grixis control

Dumpstered 2-0 by merfolk
Dumpstered 2-0 by mardu shadow
Beat my girlfriend’s $50 budget deck with my wallet 2-0
Dropped in utter shame

yeah but did you shove 4 stoneforge in there?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Doctor Dogballs posted:

Do people just use wrenn and six *instead* of Bob now? I dont see Bob showing up on Jund lists, yet he’s still up to $75. Or are people running both... or is he key in another deck? I haven’t been playing Modern for about a year

Price memory, not having a reprint in several years, still played as 3-4-of in a top Legacy deck.

Speaking of MTG Finance, now is not the best time to lose a Sword of Fire and Ice.

:eng99:

I've check every deck box and EDH deck it could have been in, still missing. I guess Batterskull and Feast and Famine are what's happening tonight.

I'll bring Jeskai Stoneblade and Goblins and probably play Goblins anyway

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

uggy posted:

Some of it definitely has to do with path to exile and fatal push being the two main removal spells in modern

Looking at what they published in the 5-0s there was more Batterskull and fire and ice. You have the removal lottery with war and peace, sinew and steel, and light and shadow. There isn't a dominant enough color in modern to get it right every time, especially when there are many colorless decks as well.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Toshimo posted:

Burn being the Big Dawg of the weekend reminded me of this game, which is probably PSulli at his best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhWXEKbtCiw&t=1051s

PSully blew Ross' hair off

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

1) so do we have confirmation for how Adventures work? Activated ability, castable from graveyard, castable from hand, or are we just guessing?

2) lmbo goldilocks is a berserker

My bears on wall are ticking clock BERSERKER

Anyone want to try the next line

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

C-Euro posted:

Where is this quote from because lol

Maro has been using that language about the secondary market for years, for all I know it may just be a maroism.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Jabor posted:

Maybe they'll do a functional reprint without that nonsense, and then we can run 8blossom in Modern.

(It still won't be good)

Did you forget about the one 4 months ago?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

So they count as two types for Goyf?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Huxley posted:

Her insta is NSFW but man alive, she is good.

If she's in this set, it'll be because she wants to be and because they showed her the money she deserves. I'd love for them to give her a real showcase card like they do Seb. There's no way, though.

Hmm, let me check this here...wow there are some drawings of people with three dicks on this, also Rebecca Guay is pretty jacked

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

TheKingofSprings posted:

The the removed from game zone has been renamed to the removed from the freaking game forever zone

AWOL in black border, I like it.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

ShadeofBlue posted:

Hex parasite is really bad. You don't need to play cards like it in GDS, because you have plenty of ways to control your life total that don't put you down a card. I don't see why you would want it in Mardu either.

Style points motherfucker

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I honestly think the stranger thing is that the 2nd ability can't happen without a creature on the battlefield...I think.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Some still complain about the new card frame

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Tibalt posted:

Just print a "fixed" orb. Nobody is going to want to run 8 orbs... I think.

gently caress yeah i would run 8 orbs its hard to remove and doesn't get shut off by Stone/Ouphe.

Well 6 totally, 8 maybe. Multiple orbs gets really out of hand.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Ban Glimpse the Unthinkable, its the only way

sorry mill brothers, gotta take one for the team

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

flavor fail having no green

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Getting Omar Rayyan was a good choice, nobody does "squiggly tree thing" like them. Now where the gently caress is Guay. I will accept saving her for last if she did all the basics in this set.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Oceanbound posted:

The lands are already in Arena, and no.

I'm gonna grind WotC into the loving dust

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Count Bleck posted:

I really don't get all the hoping and praying over Guay when we know full well she's never gonna do magic art again.

Unless WotC pays out the rear end and Guay is feeling like it. And I sincerely doubt that's in Hasbro's forecast.

Compromise: reprint cards that have used Guay art in the past so I can use them in standard.

Scryb Ranger & Spellstutter Sprite fit on theme and can be in Simic Flash.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Arcturas posted:

That sprite has awesome art and seems like a solid but expensive control spell.

A counter than can't be duress'd away, technically.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Count Bleck posted:

So, that knight totally goes in Stoneforge decks, right?

...eh? I would rather just equip a Giest of St. Traft.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Kurtofan posted:

also that variant is really pretty

The little prince is kinda like a fairy tale.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

TheKingofSprings posted:

Hello Faithless replacement in Phoenix!

they knew

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

To clarify, this is pertaining to Wizards and 9/11

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

A three Mana 4/3 with multiple upside seems very pushed for standard.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Owlbear Camus posted:

Whoever invented "put the spells in a stack and then resolve them starting with the one on top of the stack" deserves a nobel prize in gaming.

As I learned later that comes from lame computer poo poo for lame-os.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stack_(abstract_data_type)

And what judge came up with the idea of an "in-between turns" phase?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Digging those Kiki Temur lists.

I also liked Jacob Wilson's Naya Stoneblade but played it this weekend and lost hard.

I may just try and get good at Vannifar Pod because life is rough.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Kurieg posted:

*Sigh* guess the BO1 queue is going to continue to be a game of "Dodge the Teferi"

BO1 just seems to be a game of "Dodge this bullshit"

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Add Phage to make it real momir.

And Akron Legionnaire

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Jabor posted:

This would be great for historical reference, right now you just have to remember which posters thought Field of the Dead was going to be unplayable garbage if you want to rib them for it later.

I still think the biggest miss this thread ever had was Arclight Phoenix.

Some fun ones from last year:

mcmagic posted:

Niv Mizzet is always garbage.

mcmagic, on Expansion/Explosion posted:

Bad.

Now Phoenix:

TheKingofSprings, on Phoenix posted:

This is atrociously bad

InterrupterJones posted:

Well, those of you who have Rekindling Phoenix don’t have to worry about its price dropping due to a replacement any time soon.

Sickening posted:

I am sure at one point it was two spells but was deemed overpowered by someone who is dumb. It would have been bad at 2. Hell, might not even be good at 1.

Odiv posted:

Jeez, not both turns either, just yours.

Sickening, again posted:

2 instants and sorceries in a turn is not trivial. 3 in a turn is incredibly hard to produce in a game on constructed.

All on the same page. And then it was just forgotten.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Sickening posted:

Lol, I was talking about standard. A deck that had to play powerhouses like Maximize Velocity just to get going. There is a reason it pre-ordered for 2.50 for so long.

Yeah, and you were still very wrong.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Also I think Command gets worse when you can't rely on the Explore lifegain package to keep going.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

InterrupterJones posted:

This thread just never lets anyone forget. You gonna call everyone out if Cauldron ends up being somewhat ok?

Sure if people want it.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

My playground is very split on these. Half of us (me included) think they look really cool. The other half want them banned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Arivia posted:

maybe stop polling middle schoolers on what's cool

How do you do fellow kids.

There is one person in my group that hates all split and transform cards and refuses to make decks with them.