Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Shrecknet posted:

This is amazing because TCC is the most sycophantic, insufferable bootlicker WotC has and they lost him. Its like The Baileys from Schumers imagination voting for Trump

Are you confusing TCC for someone else? He calls out wizards' bullshit all the time, and is almost certainly going to be putting out a video this week condemning them for this too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

A Moose posted:

legacy players are used to paying hundreds of dollars for extremely rare, un-reprintable cards. If you buy in to legacy, you're down for this kind of stuff.

The limited availability of legacy staples is also a massive problem.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Some Goon posted:

Guys, it's been staring us in the face the whole time! What media entity has the strongest ties to Magic, such that it even shares a creative visionary who crafts/crafted significant parts of it?

I, too, eagerly await the RoboRally magic set.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Regarding Captain, it's not like it came just out of this decision, it was more the straw that broke the camel's back. As much as a lot of the bullshit directed at the commander RC is total nonsense, there's still a lot of truth to the actual criticism of how they do their job and that they're a completely unaccountable nontransparent entity. Whether or not this is actually successful in the long term is dubious at best but I don't doubt that Mitch had good reasons for doing it.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

lol

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah I don't think any one of these cards is individually that much of an issue, the big problem is that so many of them are in standard at the same time. The sheer amount of resource advantage is ridiculous.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Holy moly that grixis commander. It's everything I've ever wanted.

Also FINALLY a 3V reprint. I've been waiting on that for over a decade.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

the Orb of Zot posted:

Hi, I’m a planeswalker that costs 2R and starts with 0 loyalty unless you’re playing commander (and even then might still start with 0 loyalty)

Do we finally have a worse planeswalker than Tibalt?

She can be your commander, so if you cast her from the command zone on curve she starts with 1 loyalty and has a decent 0 ability plus the ability to ping X/1s. I wouldn't call her great or anything, and she's useless outside of commander of course, but she's an infinite mana outlet in the command zone so she's certainly not worse than Tibalt.

EDIT: The biggest problem with her, really, is that most of the good ways of generating infinite colored mana are in blue and/or green, and none of the other partners in either of those colors hold a candle to Thrasios who is already an infinite mana sink so why bother with Jeska instead of a partner with two colors?

I could maybe see sticking her in a Neheb deck but that seems really sketchy.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Oct 13, 2020

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

You can do it in red pretty easily, you just need to be an “artifacts” deck, I’ve been running Daretti, Scrap Savant since it came out and that deck has very few issues generating critical mana.

That's a good point I suppose. Partner her with Silas, do something like that. I guess the weird optimizer part of my brain is just constantly thinking "why not just run Thrasios+Vial Smasher instead for an extra color" but that feels like it's really missing the point. Silas is a pretty useful dude too.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

I realize this wasn't your intent but as long as they're doing stupid themed sets I'd pay money for a Megaman Battle Network themed set of cards

This would own so, so hard.

Also I know it's probably fake and I know even if it's real they're going to gently caress it up in 274 different ways but magi-cyberpunk Kamigawa is such a great concept.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Oct 15, 2020

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

I’m pretty sure Naruto actually goes from mono-red to red-white to Naya over the course of the show. It’s just by the end he’s super hardcore pushed Naya worse than Omnath.

But his whole deal starts at passion, gains compassions/teamwork and then experiences great constant ramping power growth.

But he's a Good Guy Protagonist so if Wizards ever printed a crossover card of him a la TWD he'd be mono-white.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Rushed as all hell, boring, cookie-cutter, heteropocalypse

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Katana Gomai posted:

The big topic is that The Commanders Quarters (the "Captain" guy) didn't get any spoiler this time.

Yikes.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

YggdrasilTM posted:

The point of the question was reading comprehension + remember that while blue and white can have flying, vigilance creatures while green and and black are secondary in vigilance and flying respectively, while not having the other ability. I really don't understand the problem. It was just... basic logic skill?

Quite a lot of reasons.

1) There has never been a GB flying vigilance creature
2) There have been quite a lot of WU flying vigilance creatures
3) The expression "we try to" does not actually mean "we do"
4) The rest exact wording of the question was also poor and left it up to interpretation how the prior expression was meant to be read

Given all that, the expectation that you were supposed to answer the question according to theoretical color pie nonsense hypotheticals instead of how the actual game has actually been made is not a great expectation.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

This is a hell of a card.

So after your postcombat main phase ends, you get an untap step, an upkeep step, and a draw step. That's a lot. Gives you access to twice as much mana in a turn, gives all of your attackers pseudo-vigilance, draws you an extra card. Triggers a whole bunch of abilities again. Lets creatures you played in your first main phase use tap abilities on subsequent players' turns, which is interesting I guess E: this is actually not the case. And probably a whole lot more things that I can't think of right now.

I don't think it's a good enough reanimator target compared to some huge bombs that already exist, and 8 mana is a lot, so unless people come up with some truly heinously broken stuff to do with the ability I don't think it sees too much play outside of casual battlecruiser decks. And sphinx tribal of course, but I repeat myself.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Oct 26, 2020

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Some Goon posted:

It would go straight from the second beginning phase to the end step so you only get to use the Mana for instants. I don't think it gets around summoning sickness either, the presence of a beginning phase doesn't mean a new turn began and therefore doesn't satisfy "under its controller's control continuously since their most recent turn began", unless they muck with the rules, as they've never done this before.

Potent though, yes.

Oh huh for some reason I thought it was worded "under its controller's control continuously since their most recent untap step", thanks for correcting that.

The untap effect is basically Wilderness Reclamation but for everything, and that effect is pretty strong. It reduces the downside of the large cost by immediately giving you all of your mana sources back at the end of the turn, assuming you can use that at instant speed. Which, if you're playing this at all, you should be planning for I think.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Oct 26, 2020

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

PleasantDirge posted:

They made city of brass mythic

lmao

trust wizards to gently caress it all up even more than they already do, always.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Katana Gomai posted:

You can play Revel in Riches in Main Phase two and immediately win the game instead of having to sweat it out for another turn cycle. I'm sure there are more (and better) effects like this.

If only it were modern legal, I could throw it in the Battle of Wits hellpile.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

GoutPatrol posted:

when did this become a 15-20 dollar card

It's pretty much an autoinclude in 3-5 color commander decks and it hasn't been printed since the first Modern Masters, and 8th Edition prior to that.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

That's a drat good tag.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Framboise posted:

change it to 3BG and it's a chef's finger kiss of perfection

:bisonyes:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

"You control your opponents while they're searching their libraries" effectively does two things: You get to look at their hand, and you get to perform the search of their library and choose which card is selected. You still have to follow all restrictions of the search being performed, i.e. a fetch land means you have to select a land with a basic land type, a mystical tutor means you have to choose an instant or sorcery spell, etc.

The second paragraph affects what happens after that search is completed. Instead of the card going to their hand, graveyard, top of library, battlefield, etc. it gets exiled and you get to play it for the rest of the game (even if Opposition Agent is no longer there)

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

"outside of the game" is restricted to your sideboard generally. In commander it does basically nothing.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Skyl3lazer posted:

The number of games that will just end when you flash this in response to a fetch should have been enough to make it never see print

Yeah it's kinda nasty.

...I wonder if it's legacy playable.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Is there anything that allows you to spend your opponents' mana while opposition agent is letting you hijack their tutors? Apart from having a panglacial wurm in their deck anyway.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

VictualSquid posted:

So, you are saying that in commander the cards function exactly as written?

Only if your playgroup agrees to that beforehand, because by default the rules of commander forbid getting cards from outside of the game.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:wiggle:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

It should roll a die and copy the spell that many times. Probably do the half thing where 1/2 is 1, 3/4 is 2, 5/6 is 3.

Sadly, dice rolling isn't allowed outside of silver border :(

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

That card is hilarious. Who knows whether it's actually any good or not, but I absolutely love it from a flavor and uniqueness perspective.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

A Moose posted:

Trampling 1-toughness creatures is primary in red

Heh.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Fish Of Doom posted:

"If an effect would cause you to look at cards while Scrying, instead draw that many cards"

If you ever wanted Preordain to just be Ancestral Recall, I guess there you go. Also lol at Mystical Speculation.

drat, that's a pretty nice effect. It's a legendary creature with partner I'm assuming, based on the frame? And flying presumably.

Not sure it's that good at 6cmc since you generally want your draw engines to come online faster than that, but I'm sure it'll still see play. It makes a cute partner for Siani as a mono-blue fliers deck.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:gizz:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

leperfish am I allowed to emptyquote

Emptyquoting is one of the foundations that this site is built on. Also,

LeafHouse posted:

Commander is Magic the Gatherings hottest format. Pick your commander and choose from nearly every card in Magic history to fill out the 10 spots in your deck that aren’t auto-includes.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

ehhh

technically all low-content posts, including emptyquotes, are against the sitewide rules, which are excepted in specific subs like FYAD and maybe others (BYOB? YOSPOS? gently caress if I know).

That said, I don't really give a poo poo if the occasional emptyquote happens. If it turns into a flood or derails threads or someone's only contributions seem to be contentless, that crosses a line.

So emptyquote/low-content post at your own risk, with the knowledge that I'm not inclined to be a relentless hardass about it, but you could totally cop a sixer if you make a bad habit of it.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Kurieg posted:

Also they reprinted Scroll Rack!

At Mythic.

what the gently caress?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Fish Of Doom posted:

Commander Legends will do for Commander what Modern Horizons did for Modern, so it's pretty on brand.

lol

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

It's preordering for 150 160 on cardkingdom already lmao

EDIT: they raised the price :10bux: in the past few minutes

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I will never forgive you for this.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Hahahahahahah what the gently caress

Hellsau eat your goddamn heart out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Sure but you can still have platinum empereons or whatever. Surely some pedantic rules lawyer has tried to figure this problem out before, right?