Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

motedek
Oct 9, 2012
MTG podcasts:

The Dive Down (hosted by goon ShaneB) - Modern, very engaging
Pro Points - Pros discussing high-level tournament magic. Can lose focus sometimes
Limited Resources - Granddaddy limited podcast
Lords of Limited - Limited
Top Level - Mostly standard and modern, this is the most unhinged one to me

Post your recs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

motedek
Oct 9, 2012
Play-any-deck mode was great. Getting a couple games in with a bunch of different Fandom top 8 decks was a welcome break from jank world.

motedek
Oct 9, 2012

onefish posted:

Not sure if this is the right thread, but anyone have a recommendation on the best stores for draft events/FNM in NYC/Brooklyn?

Out of a few places I've tried I liked Montasy in midtown best for draft.

motedek
Oct 9, 2012
Brawl deck card on camera rn

motedek
Oct 9, 2012

whydirt posted:

If you’re gonna do this, it’d be polite to say the actual card

Sorry, Korvold, Fae-Cursed King. I didn't know they were standard legal, let alone competitive.

motedek
Oct 9, 2012

gepgepgep posted:

It's possible I've overlooked a post discussing this -- but does anyone have some good resources to point me towards strategy for a sealed pre-release event? I've been playing some limited on MTG Arena and at very recently started at my LGS, but it seems like 6 booster sealed will be a bit different in approach.

Here's the chapter from Level One on sealed: https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/lo/sealed-deck-2014-09-15 Sealed tends to be more about bombs (cards that can win the game on their own) than draft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

motedek
Oct 9, 2012
Not really that bad, probability is hard