Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Thread is now the Flashback thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Post new Stoneforge builds, I’m so excited the card is legal!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Typhus733 posted:

I'm still working on a solid 75 but I'm toying with Mardu Stoneblade and lowkey I think Dreadhorde Arcanist is going to be a real choice target to slap a sword or Bskull on

Gimme that trample sword damage

This is a wild time for Modern and I love it

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
That seems incredibly dumb and it’ll probably get reversed in two weeks

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Modern is a wasteland so declaring remaking it as a non-goal and starting over has me optimistic. Not that I really play arena much anyway.

Modern is literally fine right now

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ilmucche posted:

Fetchless modern would be pretty tough for mana fixing though right? Like there would have to be some viable mana rocks as fetches are pretty drat versatile

That’s essentially the point of not including fetches

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Delver too!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

neaden posted:

The 5-0s aren't a good source for this. If someone 5-0d with a similar deck with a different equipment package it wouldn't show up.

Thank god for data obfuscation!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Sickening posted:

You guys being against fetches will never stop being funny. They aren't ever going away. They sell too many packs. Deal with it. :laffo:

Can you try posting without being a big ol’ fuckwad about it every once in a while?

How many sets have Shocks been in at this point? Is it 8?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Tbh I don’t trust WotC to keep the fetchlands genie in their pants so if they do Historic the way it seems it’ll eventually look close enough to Modern anyways to not really matter much

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
http://www.starcitygames.com/decks/Star_City_Games_Open/2019-08-31_modern_Dallas_TX_US/1/

Batterskull destroyed burn as a deck, burn is dead

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=22941&d=357070&f=MO

Dredge is dead, all hail Dredge

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I love non-red Dragon cards

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

can't wait til they finally decide to make a proper temporary zone for the things like this and oblivion ring, they have to retroactively errata dozens of cards, like they did for the dumbass Planeswalker Redirection rule

The the removed from game zone has been renamed to the removed from the freaking game forever zone

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tainen posted:

On the live steam they just said they didn’t have any news today on the 2:1 Historic cards but that “the feedback has been heard, we are aware that people are not happy”

Also there is a token to put your creatures on that have gone on their adventure

That is the best possible way to resolve that memory issue and I’ll insult the heck out of the mother of anyone denigrating it

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

MikeCrotch posted:

I hope you are all going to loudly announce that your creatures are Going On An ADVENTURE and emphatically place them on this token every time you use this ability

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oKp9fdi7ubU

Already downloading my theme song, chief

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=22997&d=357661&f=MO

Lots of Whirza bouncing around

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Elyv posted:

To be fair the fetches and the karakases are nowhere near essential and that's probably more than half the price

Also the primary reason to have the fetches to begin with is for a card that is just awful right now in a world dominated by W6

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Is that 4 mana swamp man going to finally be usable?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Beast: Gin Quest

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Solid Knight sideboard against control?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

This seems extremely powerful although very situational

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/mtgo-standings/modern-ptq-2019-09-09#decklists

Vengevine made 10th in the PTQ

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Emry seems playable-ish in Whirza

E: she also goes infinite very neatly with a Bauble and Paradox Engine/Jeskai Ascendancy

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Sep 10, 2019

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Huxley posted:

I think it's just not very pushed. Very much a card where you can see the levers and each one is in the "this is not meant to be actually good" position.

It’s a counterspell that draws you an evasive card, it’s not the absolute best ever but it is also a solid card. It also cycles into a 2/1 flier when counterspells are mediocre.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Goons are historically atrocious at card eval

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Will the knight that can cast knights from the grave finally have his day (no)

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
E: Not gonna get into this

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

This seems...hard to evaluate but it also seems really easy to improve your opponent’s card quality if they sandbag lands?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

No Wave posted:

it's an enchantment thats bad vs aggro and gets bounced by teferi. Strongly doubt it goes anywhere. but maybe i'm misunderstanding the future meta.

Teferi is going to be taken out back and shot one of these banlist updates so that’s not a problem for long

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

They know they spent 2 years designing around a lovely Avengers knockoff, right

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tibalt posted:

There hasn't really been Food payoff card, right? The only thing I can think of is Shimmering Drake and the Savvy Hunter, and those aren't really good enough playoffs.

A hexproof Consecrated Sphinx isn't a good enough payoff?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
It’s been 18 years and it’s gonna be ok to joke about in 2, people need to relax

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ZeroCount posted:

there sure are some brainworms in that twitter thread. How dare wotc not keep 9/11 in mind at all times and make a card that includes the word Tower. It's not even destroying a tower or something, jesus

The US lost it’s loving mind forever after 9/11

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Hello Faithless replacement in Phoenix!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

C-Euro posted:

Buy your Eternal Scourges now :v:

Misthollow Griffin Food Chain :getin:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

InterrupterJones posted:

Ok wait why? I know it's not for adventure spell creatures. Am I missing something?

That discard spell is like an inquisition or thoughtseize on steroids if you have an exile creature

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=23015&d=357817&f=MO

This list makes me really happy and I want to put a Teferi in to replace something

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

meanolmrcloud posted:

What if that exilesieze is the last card in your hand?

It’s not a cost, so nothing, you seize and move on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Fun with Delve and Convoke