Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I thought the bigger issue was the time sink (and increased opportunity to cheat) in tabletop play due to all the extra shuffling that fetches + shocks bring to a format.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

That triggered ability text on Syr Konrad seems awkwardly templated in terms of remembering what makes it trigger or not without rereading it every time.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Everything ever all the time.

Except is it explicitly not that

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

So it looks like knights are mardu colors while faeries are sultai?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

There’s a golden egg in the carton :shobon:

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Mikujin posted:

I didn't see the trailer for Eldraine get posted yet so here you go. It's much better than the last one we got.

I was skeptical of the chosen soundtrack at first, but it pays off by the end

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Sampatrick posted:

like literally how can you look at these mechanics and not think they're lazy af?

Food rules you nerd

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Thanks for the input, sam-“there’s too much removal in War of the Spark”-patrick

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Good for Guay for getting to follow her bliss, but lol that pretentious artist statement on her site is more embarrassing being a mercenary illustrator for a card game.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gruul is the only moral guild

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Dragon breath can’t melt darksteel beams!

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

I’m still baffled that R&D thought Arthurian knights was a bigger draw than fairy tales. The fact that most of the fairy tale stuff are draft commons while knights fill the legendary rare creature slots is dumb as heck.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Sickening posted:

https://twitter.com/maro254/status/1172199904401227776

Can someone help me understand what the "flavor" of this card is exactly?

It’s literally the glass casket that Snow White was put into while she slept

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Oathsworn Knight should be a base 0/1 so that it stays around but is ineffectual after losing all their limbs counters. Flavor fail!

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

That Serpent is pushed as hell.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gotta love the ubiquitous mid-90s Exocet font

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

The red sword we’ve seen already is the Excalibur inspired card

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

The collectable fad right before MtG was pogs

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Better because woods is a funnier word.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Wild Guess has come a long way

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Wait what? I thought it was from a mono-brown deck that locked the opponent out with smokestack(s)...

It is. That other thing is a backronym.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Would the artifact lands even be that broken without Mox Opal?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

I’m not gonna lie, I’d laugh if this is how WotC finally offloads all the unsold Fallen Empires and Homelands boosters that’ve been chilling for decades.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

White aggro in limited seems like it works well when go-wide is a viable strategy and/or it has an aggressive tapper like Territorial Hammerskull at common to help push ground-based attackers through.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

I feel like white needed at least one of its adamant cards to be aggressively focused instead of gaining life or making a vanilla high toughness dork.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

I search my library all the time :heysexy:

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Oko is a hosed up Magic card

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Just Marie Kondo’ed a couple thousand bulk cards into my recycling bin that’d been gnawing at my subconscious from the back of my closet for a long time.

Feels good :coolfish:

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Yeah if it was useful to any relevant format I’d totally donate it, but no one needs Revised Shanodin Dryads or Power Sinks.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

While doing this cleaning, I got a painful reminder of how many laces I opened as my Unlimited and Revised rares. Magic has always had garbage rares and if anything they were worse and more frequent in the early days.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Embercleave is a sweet card

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

They could just pre-ban the fetches.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

I’m surprised that no one has tried to make constructed peasant a proper format.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

As someone who’s not played much constructed since the late 90s, I’m legit excited for pioneer

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Delve cards are much worse without fetches and multiple 1-drop cantrips to enable them.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Okay so as a corollary, why the gently caress is this written this way: "Each creature can only block a single attacker, but the defending player may choose to block an attacking creature with more than one creature."? (from here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic:_The_Gathering_rules#Declare_blockers) Have I lost all reading comprehension or does that not literally say each creature can only block a single attacker and then immediately contradicts that?

It's not the most elegant wording, but you have it mixed up a bit. Each defender can block at most one attacker, but multiple defenders can block a single attacker together as a group.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

As a company that makes collectables across many brands, Hasbro thinks they’re better off financially adhering to the promise of the Reserve List than breaking it. If/when they’re in a tight spot and Magic is declining, the calculus might change.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Are Dragon Shield and KMC still considered the best perfect fit sleeves?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

lmbo forever that a rando red 3-drop was banned instead of Hazoret

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

I'd like to think that Invoke Prejudice is a $300+ card (higher than Mana Drain?!?) because so many have been destroyed due to having literal hooded klansmen in the art, but I'm fearful the real answer isn't as heartwarming.

whydirt fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Oct 22, 2019