Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Tome Raider. Heh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

All these promo arts are making me a little sad- they're so much neater than the typical art. We could be having sets full of those more crazy styles :qq:.

That said, really really happy they're finally letting folks do art like that.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

1) what is happening in this art? where are they? what angle are you looking on this scene from?
2) what type of card is this? creature, enchantment, instant, sorcery?
3) what color is this card? hurr durr devoid, very clever. what color of mana do you need to cast this?

Without looking:

1) Sliver Eldrazi is killin' a whole lotta dudes. They are on a waste. I am flying by on my tiny helicopter that's currently turning.
2) Creature, 3-4 mana?
3) Devoid with red?

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

kas posted:

I had made these as proof of concepts for a custom cube I was working on, they seem to fit the discussion and honestly I'd love to play any of them as actual cards.

I love these man. Do you have the rest of the custom cube anywhere? Always fun seeing custom sets.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I'd completely missed that they did a 7/11 card in the Indian block. And this kicker, woof.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Some Goon posted:

Gatherer numbers are alphabetical by set, this is just coincidence.

oh for sure, don't get me wrong, almost certainly a coincidence. That said, having it pointed out can't help but agree that wizards should probably move the position of that cards data to maybe one or two slots over.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

A Moose posted:

John Darnielle has been super into Arena since about it came out, he tweets about it a lot, like when he made a video about making mythic with a 75 card U/W control

& a followup tune too: https://twitter.com/mountain_goats/status/1299510045852524545

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

So do Changelings count only as one of the 'Party' members, or all four? Assuming the former but the later would be pretty peachy.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

The Klowner posted:

creating a standard-legal set with an in-universe crossover with another IP: dumb. lame. goddamned loving stupid

Counterpoint: Arabian Nights is a dope set.

Like, if it was Star Trek I'd be more with ya, but Forgotten Realms is very much in MtG's wheelhouse. Heck, they can use most of their existing creature types to fit right in, kind of by design. Why not? :shrug:

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I don't mind them doing it, but not as a mainline standard set. We'll see.

You might have to play with a card named "Beholder" vs. "Giant Floating Eye".

Granted, I would agree Giant Floating Eye is better – it just seems like such a non-change from what they usually would produce, outside of the label.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

https://twitter.com/emmmzyne/status/1303005022242983937

It's nice seeing them just use 'mill' nowadays.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Entropic posted:

Another first for the P/T matrix

Can't say I forsee them printing a card with a 9/11 p/t :911:

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Kurieg posted:

https://twitter.com/MTGSecretLair/status/1311022800895791104
Prof's video informed me that this card also exists.

Ugh, I love those abilities but really hate Walking Dead. Thanks Wizards :(

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I think the professor is starting to question his life choices, but he's a little more passive aggressive than SaffronOlive yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79LrnbloXYs

Skip to the outro if you don't care about the crack packing.

"Let's say there was this thing you were spending all this money on, and you couldn't even get games. Because they destroyed the formats, dismantled the professional circuit, dismantled a lot. Don't test formats like standard or modern. It was there, and it was there, and it was working, and they were like it's a lot of work, let's just pull thee wiring out of thee walls. And sell it."

Paraphrased, but :smith:

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Goa Tse-tung posted:

feels like this should have been mythic for the effect, but relieved for my wallet it isn't

Wait, so can you play instants or make sacrifice's for them while controlling that player?

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

New lotus :o

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

man they reprinted black lotus, the bastards really dd it

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

lol

Also an old old card rerprint!

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

The Shortest Path posted:

The flavor text is a really nice finishing touch to this shitpost.

Mad they didn't just do this. Go for broke wizards

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

whydirt posted:

lmao at getting a metal band to preview cards and giving them some lame dual lands

^Likewise

They really couldn't give them like, a viking or a mammoth lol

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Spoil snow lands you cowards!

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

fadam posted:

Unfortunately for you snow heads out there, looks like the symbol on the commander guy was a 0 and not a snowflake:

:smith:

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

flatluigi posted:

creature type angel horror

you rang?

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Paul Zuvella posted:

it means nothing anywhere... the card is bad

but it is adorable. So,

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

better white removal in the dunkachinno fan set than the latest set eh? eh?

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

oh no, don't 'dunk' on me

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Given Ikoria wouldn't have been released by the time this set was developed....

anyone else think Companions may return? Spirit animal companions/familiars is certainly well in HP lore. Boy that'd be funny.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Whole lotta White cards live here: https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-image-gallery/time-spiral-remastered-bonus-sheet

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Phenotype posted:

Hey, I'm looking to unload some cards worth a decent chunk of cash, what's the best way to get this done nowadays? I've got a stack of about 80 cards in front of me that priced out to around $6k when I made a tcgplayer buylist offer, but I'm noticing that, obviously, eBay prices are gonna be substantially higher. The number of cards is too high that I'd want to create individual auctions for everything, though, and I've heard horror stories about Paypal payments being charged back and the seller being left with no recourse. The bulk of the value is in a set of Revised dual lands in decent shape and a handful of other $200 singles -- it seems like a no-brainer to eBay those but they're exactly the cards that I don't want to have payment issues with.

Anyone have any experience selling off the collection that can give me some advice? I've got another couple huge boxes of cards I haven't gone through yet, but probably have another $1k or so in $20+ cards. I'm running into the problem that I haven't played in so long that I don't know what's valuable anymore. There were more than a few big value cards that I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't randomly Googled them. Is this the point where I drag it all down to the local shop and ask for a bulk price?

(I'm also wondering whether the prices have slumped because of the pandemic and I'd be better off waiting a year?)

I'll buy the whole lot for $20 + shipping

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Damnation at mythic is pretty funny

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

old artifact border, black, red, blue, green, land = all fantastic

white, gold = wet farts, but I'll take em'

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Secret Lair is a dumb product name.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

can't help but appreciate the short mtg-related videos MTGRemy keeps putting out. They're just delightfully dorky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtEvc3Nyink

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Crackbone posted:

Exile target nonland noncreature permanent an opponent controls. That player may draw three cards.

Fixed that for ya

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

The potential of today's lowly junk un/commons to become busted jank combo pieces of tomorrow is truly what makes Magic great. Good on you Chain of Smog. Good on ya.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Man, when did booster boxes become $100 at launch :smith:

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

It'd be fun to explore a non-aggressive, benign breed of Eldrazi that just like chilling out and reading books. Hope that's where this is going, let's see some new titans.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

HootTheOwl posted:

Freykiz, the tedious mediocrity
Merrglix, of the unremarkable

Acidaialz, the make-sour-foods-taste-like-sweets
Lostkeyz, the mild annoyance

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Gavin poo-poo'd pretty solidly the colorless spells + critter being linked to the Eldrazi. Ah well, prob for the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

https://twitter.com/GavinVerhey/status/1379156908746055683

Commander 2021 spoilers trickeling out

http://www.magicspoiler.com/mtg-spoiler/triplicate-titan/

Love this alt wurmcoil.