Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I assume soon they'll tell us we can buy extra wildcards with gems, so....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Finally, a goblin!

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Ajani's Boots as some kind of equipment

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

I wonder if I could do something interesting with Irencrag and Repeated Reverberation....

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

This is set is really good for my playstyle. I could be pretty happy playing with cards only from this set for a while, to be honest (but I won't be doing that).

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Nolgthorn posted:

How many people build decks trying to win at Magic? I just kinda want to play Magic, I'm not even sure my cards will work together that seems like a lot of stress to worry about.

At my LGS, there are like two or three amongst the 16-20 of us who play standard showdown. I like having a good time, so if I lose it's fine - except when I lose to some broken infinite damage deck on turn 3.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Kurtofan posted:

i'm just mostly curious about the next hasbro property to get the crossover treatment

NWA

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

I lucked out ad foubnd the whole set at Wal-Mart. Played it today with the family, it's pretty fun.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

I missed Unstable, and watching a gameplay of it a bit back looked like it was incredibly fun. I'm cautiously excited for Unsanctioned.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

I actually like the Pioneer set lists, but I just don't see it taking off.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I'm not sold on standard format. Cards rotate out within a year (?), lots of money to spend, requires friends have comparable amount/value of cards, your deck can be greatly inferior to someone else's as a consequence. What's the appeal?

It's really two years other than Core sets.

The appeal for me is it's not as competitive, the rotation means it's a bit more balanced without a bunch of bans, and while probably not cheaper in the long run, its costs are spread out.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Tubgoat posted:

Mill is kind of good right now due to Drowned Secrets and Merfolk Secretkeeper.
Also I feel like Glimpse the Unthinkable is generic enough to flavor to be an Ashiok-themed reprint.

Add in some lucky clovers, you can mill pretty quickly, too.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

I have English copies of my two Russian cards nearby, just in case.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Cactrot posted:

New MTG survey from Wizards asks about a cyberpunk magic setting, returning to among others, Dominaria, Innistrad and.... Kamigawa?

https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/5109354/10db7359c442

I for one would kinda like to see Magic: The Shadowrunning, but I'm a weirdo.

If they did it right, it could be amazing. Will they? No idea.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

I assume this lair thing is one of those curated monthly box subscriptions?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Grifter posted:

Looks like the key difference between "Type" and "color" is colorless rather than Snow. See:

So does this mean that the Robber ("color") couldn't steal a Thought-Knot Seer and Thief ("type") could?

Edit: Beaten soundly. That's what I get for checking all the verbiage.

Robber still lets you steal it, because colorless can be from any colored mana, so you can just use your regular mana.

Like, if all I have is 4 red mana, and I steal a card that (3)(B), I tap four mountains. 3 of them apply to the colorless, one pretends it's black.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Oh, okay. I pretty much only play standard, but I guess that explains the comments about "eternal formats" earlier.

NEVERMIND THEN!

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Mikujin posted:

Ancient plus Nissa is 4 mana forests.

Even better:

https://twitter.com/nerdtothecore/status/1214994158051610630?s=21

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

I need them to reprint Death Baron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

just bob posted:

It's honestly not.

The only exaggeration is that its ACKTHUALLY a "no touch thermometer" but yeah I'm not gonna "sci fi rp" through a big fuckin hassle for reprints of old crds.

Then I hope when you inevitably get COVID-19 you don't spread it to other people (but you will, clearly).