Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Kjermzs posted:

I loving love Omni draft. 4-0 with this pile.

Turn 1 Mind Rot is kind of a bomb in a format with 3 card starting hands :v:

The uncounterable one that exiles all non-creature, non-land cards from the hand and yard is really good in this format too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

The Arena brawl event is super fun, y'all need to stop complaining and go play.

The esper faerie deck is really cool, and whoever designed it should get a raise. The mardu knights deck is kinda fun, even though the commander is lame as hell. The jund dragon man aristocrats deck is kinda spicy, and Chulane is just kinda okay.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Elyv posted:

code:
"Return from Clouds"
3G
Instant
Put target card from your graveyard to your hand, put another target card from your graveyard to the top of your library. Exile Return from Clouds.

Adamant - If at least three green mana was spent to cast this spell, put these cards to your hand instead and exile Return from Clouds.

Double Regrowth, nice

quote:

code:
"Garenbrig Paladin"
4G
Creature - Giant Knight
Adamant - If at least three green mana was spent to cast this spell, Garenbrig Paladin enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter.

Garenbrig Paladin cannot be blocked by creatures with power less than or equal to 2.

"HEY GUYS, WE FIXED STEEL LEAF CHAMPION!"

quote:

code:
Emry, Lurker of the Loch
2U
Legendary Creature - Merfolk Wizard
This spell casts 1 less to cast for each artifact you control.

When Emry, Lurker of the Loch enters the battlefield, put the top four cards of your library into your graveyard.

T: Choose target artifact card in your graveyard. You may cast that card this turn.
Illus. Livia Prima    1/2

Snap this poo poo up asap, it's gonna be broken as gently caress in eternal formats.

edit: vintage players recurring black lotus every turn :getin:

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Becobbled Stray
1WG

Becobbled Stray gets +1/+1 and double strike as long as it's equipped.

2/2

Alongside a Swiftfoot Boots reprint, there's your puss in boots.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Humans and Spirits may want that in the side, too

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

wanna put helm of the host on him and durdle forever

quote:

SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD ME

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

It's just the unplayable, absurdly high-CMC red spell of the set, there's one every time.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

jassi007 posted:

Stasis + Kismet + Chronatog. All their lands, dudes, and fast mana come in tapped, they never untap, and you never take a turn so you don't have to pay any Stasis upkeep. Nothing to do with Time Vault, but if you want to win by loving your opponent over and skipping turns, that is the deck.

Note that this was a tier 1 deck in Mirage block standard, alongside Prosbloom. You could probably do the combo in Modern with Chronatog Totem and some jank shenanigans to loop the turn skip.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Garenbrig should've just been a green Cabal Stronghold, as-is, it's mostly worthless in a world of Nissa, Leyline and Leafkin.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

gently caress you if you don't think i'm singing the entirety of Let It Go every time I play this card

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Tbqh i'd buy the gently caress out of a gold bordered cube precon.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Big Teferi was like $65 at one point, he's still over $20, and he's not likely to be reprinted for years, so I could see him hitting ~$50 and staying there. Azorius control is a top tier deck in modern right now, and I don't see that changing much.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

So does anyone else have the sneaking suspicion that wotc is gonna replace Sol Ring with Arcane Signet in commander precons starting with C20?

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Speaking of BoP, has anyone else ever wondered if it was supposed to get reprinted in Amonkhet block, only to be repurposed into a different creature after the artwork was commissioned?

River Hoopoe just looks like it should've been Birds of Paradise.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Mono black aggro is pretty decent at the moment, but it needs at least 8 rares (4x Knight of the Ebon Legion, 4x Rotting Regisaur)

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Tubgoat posted:

At least 16 rares because Lockthwain and Hero's Downfall Rider and 4 mythics because the Cavaliers are irreplaceable.

poo poo, right. I only run 3x Cavalier, though. Syr Konrad fits in nicely too, I got my first ELD standard constructed win vs Grixis control the other day because of Konrad triggering off of a Liliana, Dreadhorde General -4 making me sac a Cavalier and some other rando when the opponent was at 3 life, taking them to 1. Cav's death trigger brought back a Plaguecrafter I had in the yard, Lili died and Crafter died to itself, triggering Konrad for the final point of damage :v:

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

My nose is bleeding he;lp

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

reprint armageddon you cowards

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I kinda miss Chainwhirler, because it'd be absolutely nuts with Torbran vs. Field decks.

Although, Dagger Caster is a card that exists in standard...

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Null Rod but for both activated and triggered non-mana abilities on lands

Or just reprint Blood Sun

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

We're probably just getting Searing Spear back in Theros 2: Elspeth and Ajani's Bogus Journey.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Modo will outlive Arena

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Unsanctioned will live or die based on whether or not we get a card called "Look At Me, I'm Play Design", because Unstable hosed that up by not being self-deprecating at all

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Cat Food

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Wafflecopper posted:

“you’re so handsome, and you’re amazing in bed, but you play MAGIC?!”

New thread title plz

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Mr. Locke posted:

It’s still has a real chance of decking being a wincon since the ground tends to get gummed up by fat butts and removal is real strong so it’s hard to establish a real threat long enough to win a game. It doesn’t help that everyone’s starting to figure out that drafting good Aggro is rare and difficult in Eldraine so a lot of people are making decks intended to go over the top of each other instead of playing a balanced game of Magic.

That said, it’s better off then Arena because the removal is actually making it into the hands of the player. If you can make something like a Garenburg Paladin (probably the single most underrated common in the format currently- it’s probably the best green common after Witchstalker- Outmuscle has a terrible record in my experience about getting blown out by removal or adventure-based tricks in this formal) stick on the board and use your removal to clear the way, you can still close out a game pretty quick. Likewise, removal and equipment making it to human hands means you can actually MAKE an Aggro deck that works if it’s open, instead of Aggro just instantly falling apart to a turn 1 Secretkeeper that’s never gonna die.

Green is overwhelmingly the best draft color, since 3 of the best Commons for limited are green(curious pair, witch stalker and garenbrig paladin), and if you move into G/B, you can steamroll everyone with food synergy.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I'm tempted to make some kind of weird G/B/x Hardened Scales list for Pioneer. A base package of Walking Ballista, Hangarback Walker, Stonecoil Serpent, Steel Overseer and Winding Constrictor, with maybe Corpsejack Menace, Animation Module and Durable Handicraft in there somewhere. Fatal Push, Abrupt Decay and Assassin's Trophy for the removal package, probably. I'm gonna love this format, since I absolutely hate how easily fetches enable degeneracy in every format they're legal in.

Hell, Izzet Phoenix will probably be T1 in the format, since pretty much every card in the Modern version is Pioneer-legal, and you can run Treasure Cruise :getin:

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Opt, Merchant of the Vale, Thrill of Possibility, Izzet Charm, Merfolk Secretkeeper and Cathartic Reunion are more than enough to make it competitive.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

GoutPatrol posted:

With Loch, Tutelage, Ashiok, Manic Scribe, and Drowned Secrets...maybe?

Edit: LOL at Maze's End, Scapeshift, and Splendid Reclamation together

Also this guy

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I was looking at some cards to throw together a cheapish RDW list for pioneer on mtgo, and lol shits spiked so hard already. Hazoret is like 2tix, Swiftspear is like 2.50 and Soul-Scar mage is NINE loving DOLLARS.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

The EDH announcement is just gonna be Commander Anthology 3 or some poo poo, maybe with a few bonus reprints included in the box, like Teferis Protection and Doubling Season. Msrp $499

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Lol.

We will hopefully see some sick duals in the next Zendikar set. It's all about dem lands.

It'll be the manlands again.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Planeswalkers are just modal enchantments that you can attack.

Phase out planeswalkers and replace them with Sagas imo

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Krasis had better eat a ban before this set drops, otherwise lmaaaooooo that Hydra aura makes it even more busted

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Can't wait to see how this set fucks up edh like mh1 hosed up modern

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Owlbear Camus posted:

It's a shame you can't just patch cards because there's probably a numbers adjustment where he's playable without being warping, maybe just making elk a +0 or something.

If I got a broken street date box I would draft it with the boys the spoil it online.

+1/-1/-5

Oko is fixed

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

print strip mine at common in standard

no gods no masters

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Toshimo posted:

Wall Turkey

Wall of Mysteries
(3)
Artifact Creature - Wall

Defender

T, sac: create a food token

0/5

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I want Walking Ballista, Oko and Hydroid Krasis banned in pioneer because the green devotion deck is still busted without leyline and oath

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Essentially the same list, but with breeding pool in the base, with krasis and Ballista as the big mana finishers