Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Sampatrick posted:

If you only apologize months after the issues crop up and only when you get called out on it while trying to move into a new business, it undermines the idea that you are remotely authentic in your apology. Owen didn't apologize and come clean when he was first called out for being a sex pest. He only 'apologized' and came clean when he realized that people still remembered that he was a sex pest. This is not a real apology.

Not to defend a poo poo head, but as a former (recovering?) poo poo head, i would like to say that the epiphany of "oh, I'M THE poo poo HEAD?!?" doesn't always line up with when everyone calls you a poo poo head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

My red warrior needs food, badly

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Goldilocks 6gg activated ability is gonna be putting Hot, Cold, and Just Right counters on up to 3 target food tokens

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

You cast adventure, it exiles on resolution and becomes a creature card qith suspend and a number of time counters on it equal to the cmc of the creature.

Or you cast the creature side first and start ticking down story counters.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

tinaun posted:

it's going to be a three dimensional flap that you flip over after activating

Lol when only 1 or 2 of these cards is competitive and everyone has 4 wierdly boweded sleeves cause the folds never quite go back to flat

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Elyv posted:

Run Away Together is a good reflavoring of Peel From Reality

now someone explain to me how putting on a high heel made of glass makes you faster and hit harder

You run barefoot and smash them with the shoe

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Hansel and Gretel will be the food equiv of tireless tracker because of their breadcrumb trail

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Meatbag Esq. posted:

Wizards, if you reprint tymaret, goat chucker, I will return to magic to play standard for the next two years.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

I hope there is a ridiculously-on-theme planeswalker like a gnome or a peter pan clone.

Snow White 2WW

+1 create a food token (gooseberry pie)
-1 create a 1/1 bird creature token with flying
-7 create 7 1/1 gnome tokens. You get an emblem with "whenever you sacrifice a food token, put 2 +1/+1 counters on each creature you control"
{3}

StrugglingHoneybun fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Sep 5, 2019

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Kurtofan posted:

have some goats

Welcome to my illness in the ranks/hunted phantasm/Blood seeker deck

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Hoping there are 7 different arts and flavor texts.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

vegetables posted:

Wizards’ reluctance to do fun silly things even on a world full of candy cane houses is the worst

They gotta get over themselves.

I wanted a (legacy playable) fairy tale planeswalker so bad, but even a 6 mana do-nothing would have been fine too.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Sleigh bells for the arena commercial slaps

Telephone hanging up noises when no one has a phone like that anymore doesnt slap

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Silhouette posted:

I'm tempted to make some kind of weird G/B/x Hardened Scales list for Pioneer. A base package of Walking Ballista, Hangarback Walker, Stonecoil Serpent, Steel Overseer and Winding Constrictor, with maybe Corpsejack Menace, Animation Module and Durable Handicraft in there somewhere. Fatal Push, Abrupt Decay and Assassin's Trophy for the removal package, probably.

maybe monstrosity has a new payoff in theros 2

StrugglingHoneybun fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Oct 22, 2019

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Return to theros is perfect for pioneer staple reprint equity.

Hope eidolon of the great revel gets a reprint

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Arivia posted:

No, if I enter the block there the only option that appears is an X to remove the filter. I don’t get the same And/Or/Not model choice from the other menus.

You can edit the search query to add things like OR NOT AND and so on.

I add 2 types like Instant and sorcery, and when it only shows me 4 split cards I add an OR in the query and bam, a hundred results.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Chandra Who Smiles at MEN

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Sampatrick posted:

no what im saying is that it doesnt do anything by itself. like, congratulations, you have assembled 15 mana. now what? youre consuming the majority of the resources you generate with the combo in order to perform the combo. its like a five card combo accounting for the third artifact you need for mox opal itself. im not saying it cant feasibly be broken, im saying that its not nakedly broken in and of itself. do you get what im saying? any combo with this card that uses all the cards you put in the graveyard while going off is like a bike thats missing a wheel and im not convinced thats the best way of exploiting the card.

I get any card i want for 15 mana cause i just dumped my whole library into the "you may cast" zone.

What can we do for 15 mana??? :hmm:

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

I'll concede if its a big tourny with prizes, but at fnm, I play it out even if I'm 0% because other people like to see their decks do their thing.
I lost to food chain and high tide and watched the whole thing both times cause it was fun to watch those decks go off, and because I play super linear decks that crumble to interaction of any kind, so not much else to do except watch.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Sickening posted:

His nickname on twitch is hot pockets. He often tried to give away individual hot pockets. Imagine getting a hot pocket in the mail.

Mr plinkett gave us mail order pizza rolls from his webzone for years and we love him for it smh...

On my 3rd sealed Arena event and have gone 5-3,6-3, and 5-1 so far. Ran BG,BG,and BR. Final death is a house. I decked myself once with erebos and Nylea (opponent helped with tyramet and binding binding of titans Sagas).

Im having a lot of fun, thanks wizards.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Ohhh man,

End of a real grindy game, i tymaret'd 2 cards out of my own graveyard to stay at 1 life versus WU fliers and when i went for the alpha strike on my turn that god damned labyrinth of skalhpos hosed my math up and i feel sooooo dumb.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

I think you all will find that machine learning takes years and millions of iterations to achieve perfection.

So, draft more, and the bots will get better. Any problem with the bots can be solved by throwing your money at drafts.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

Doubling season with BOB is probably pretty complicated. Possibly an automatic draw as creating beetles causes you to increase counters which causes you to create beebles...

Id think the counters and beezles are one sigular number joined at a distance by quantum entanglement which is only doubled once during ETB or a +1

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Yawgmoth posted:

Allergy chat time, who has the stupidest allergy? I'll start off by winning it: I'm allergic to aloe.

You wont datamine my password questions this easily...

But its amoxicillin

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

*switches out bank-leined cards for proxies, doesnt pay for months*

Whoops, guess my "deck" got reposessed

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

i flashback cabal therapy naming wife and saccing the baby

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Maro has no power here.

Post them spoilers, or PM them and ill post it. Its cardboard and ink

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Rinkles posted:

you realize the source whether it's tainen or whoever's feeding them, could get in trouble?

i know the thread's always been trash, but it's been especially bad recently

POST DEM CARDS

Only registered members can see post attachments!

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

C-Euro posted:

My new pet theory is that they are testing cards for Pioneer, both for "will this warp the meta?" and "can we get this to work correctly in Arena?", prove me wrong nerds.

Getting warmer

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

I never worked it out past

Odd + odd = even

Even + even = even

Therefore 2 dice made it probably not 50/50 than just a provably 50/50 roll of a single die, and theres no need to think about it any further.

Then my brain exploded 20 posts ago with the results table.

Does 3 dice still keep it 50/50?

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Katana Gomai posted:

It's 50/50 no matter how many dice you roll.

evilweasel posted:

What you’re missing is even + odd = odd and odd + even = odd

Even/odd and odd/even are two different results but people occasionally get tripped up by that and think it’s one.

Now that ive become a dice master, i can finally get better at Magic.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Cancelled, cancelled. You are all cancelled. None of you are free from COVID.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Sickening posted:

When the economy starts to tank magic card secondary market doesn't do well.

Buy the dip*

*dual lands
*innistrad staples
*portal 3 kings sealed boosters

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

https://twitter.com/mtgmilan/status/1241864603765784576?s=21

This kid is a bright new face on the Comp scene and is one of the nicest, least toxic gamers online. He writes up full sideboard guides for any deck you ask him for, and he’s definitely got his thumb in the pulse of what to play and when. Any idea why CFB would do this?

Child labor laws?

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Tortilla Maker posted:

He wouldn't be working though.

the only things associated with the age of 16 that I know of are driver's licenses, being lawfully employed (to an extent) and age of consent laws.

unless they're expected to drive to the online magicfest, I'm realllly hoping it's child labor related.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Boco_T posted:

P1P1 on Arena Ranked Bo1: Labyrinth of Skophos or Final Death or Deadful Apathy?

Final death

Labyrinth p1p1? You might be on like 8 more levels of wired magic than me.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

mandatory lesbian posted:

It's finally happened, I don't really understand mutate. Does thier video explain it better then the card text, I can't watch it right now

A mutated creature is the creature type and p/t of the creature on top, and has all the abilities of itself and the text boxes on the cards stacked below it.

What we're unsure on is if topmost card dies, does the whole stack die?

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

If you bushmeat poacher a gloom pangolin you get to companion cast Spacegodzilla, Death Corona from your sideboard

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

to anyone from wizards who might read this:

I don't spend a lot of money on Arena, I try to play for free.

I am going to spend a lot of money on ikoria on Arena and in Paper.

Thank you for making this set with fish birds and poo poo i can't wait to play it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Nolgthorn posted:

"Doesn't trigger" suggests something is triggering it to me, other than the player. And "activated abilities" to me would include "whenever you draw a card." It's like I need an encyclopedia of the rules.

Triggered abilities begin with "When", "Whenever", or "At".

Activated abilitied have a cost, a colon, and an effect like
{R}:this creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn