Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SOLarian
Oct 29, 2012
Pillbug
Fight until we love each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alumnus Post
Dec 29, 2009

They are weird and troubling. We owe it to our neighbors to kill them.
Pillbug
This is it, folks. This one's for all the marbles. Whose gravity is stronger in the end?

Fight until we love each other.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

Kaja Rainbow fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Oct 19, 2019

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Make up and forgive

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Klingon w Bowl Cut posted:

The wording of the choices may sound familiar from a previous mission, but the order is subtly and importantly different this time.

Had to go back and check. For those that are curious:

Chuu fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Oct 19, 2019

mr_stibbons
Aug 18, 2019

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Night10194 posted:

Man, I really enjoy Luna-Terra and Saturn.

But picking Luna-Terra as the viewpoint character really seems to be paying off, she's great.
Their dynamic is wonderful. They have a lot both to teach to and learn from each other. I mean, all of them do, but it's especially pronounced with them, and they're clearly having fun doing it.

I started as Saturn when I originally got this game, so I'll always have a soft spot for her, but revisiting with this LP is kind of making Luna-Terra my favorite.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
Pluto is my favorite but Luna-Terra is excellent. So is Saturn.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Their dynamic is wonderful. They have a lot both to teach to and learn from each other. I mean, all of them do, but it's especially pronounced with them, and they're clearly having fun doing it.

I started as Saturn when I originally got this game, so I'll always have a soft spot for her, but revisiting with this LP is kind of making Luna-Terra my favorite.

I also think the dynamic is especially satisfying with the two Loyal votes early, since they did a good job of establishing Luna Terra's ability to hold her own and showing she's good at what she does, before branching out into exploring her weaknesses and feelings and the things she needs to learn.

I also like her relationship with her mission control a lot. I always look forward to those briefing conversations. The writing in this game is great.

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016
We should take this last opportunity to Make Up and Forgive Each Other before the final battle.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
EPISODE EIGHT CONCLUSION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vYR22D1jMY

In the naked sunlight and nothing else, Pluto looks so beautiful, spinning tiny galaxies with Krun Macula, the way she was always meant to.

Of all the prototypes she piloted over the years, none suited her like this, from the awkward and embarrassing creature she used to be to the woman who promised Earth there could be a new type of human.

No longer the priceless tool of selfish adults, the pawn of space's dreamers, the princess who can remake her body out of tidal forces and stardust. She's just Pluto.

In the naked sunlight and nothing else, even in this worn and wounded ship, Luna-Terra shines like she always has, even with the hurt she has. One way or another, some day or another, every girl bleeds.

And her Mare Crisium suffers alongside her; the drip of her wound spins like a red constellation in zero-g. She's rusted, but some parts of her will never rust.

The two of them have fought so much. So this shouldn't be a fight. With nothing and no one else to think about, there's no reason to fight. In the naked sunlight, for once, don't fight.

Instead of fighting like people do, fight like ships do. Fight like plastic toys do. Fight like you don't have a body, like you don't hate your body. Fight your way into a new body.

Fight like we used to, without trying to win. Fight like we did a long time ago, when they were training us to fight, and all we wanted to do was play. Fight like we did when we didn't have any other way of touching each other.

When all we had were lasers and light, tides and time, to say what we wanted to say to each other.

"Since we're not fighting, I really don't want you to hold back."

Luna-Terra wrote the book.

It's a kind of predictable story.

So Luna-Terra makes sure her enemies get sunk.

You know this trick don't you? You've seen Luna-Terra pull it so many times.

Fire off something to test the waters.

Lead the target until they walk right into the shot.

You can play that game forever until they make the first move.

Don't let them make that move until you know they won't be expecting what you do next.

What you do next can be anything.

As long as it's what they're not going to see coming.

After you do it, disengage. Like passing a secret.

You know this one really well, the message in a bottle, slipped between the bullets of hard light.

She was the person who taught you how to blow a kiss.

But Pluto is the one who learned how to make out.

Her ship's so big it makes Luna-Terra look like a toy, but Pluto is even bigger than that.

You have to measure in density, not mass.

Then you'll understand.

Luna-Terra revolves around Pluto.

Like she always has.

Luna-Terra is too close when she tries to pull back from Pluto, and too far when she's trying to close in. She's on a leash that extends through spacetime however Pluto wants.

Luna-Terra's gravity is the tug that makes the tides go in and out.

Pluto's gravity is strong enough to turn Luna-Terra into a new shape.

Luna-Terra didn't invent this, but she loves to struggle through it, she loves to see what she can do, how close she can come--

And she comes in so fast--

Does so well, but goes too far--

When Pluto isn't expecting--

It's too fast--

Way too fast--

Pluto's more off-guard than Luna-Terra expects--

Luna-Terra's moon of a spear crescents right into Pluto's chest.

Luna-Terra wants to scream, but she doesn't say anything.

It feels deep enough to be scary, and Luna-Terra only meant to nick her--

"We were having so much fun, and you look so scared?"

"Why didn't you block it."

"Luna, I'm fine! See?"

"You can't hurt me that easy."

"You're not that strong. I'll always be alright."

Gently, with two fingers.

Like detaching a kitten.

Or a bug.

Pluto: "But you lied, you said you weren't going to hold back!"

Pluto can seize Luna-Terra by both wrists.

And she does that.

And Luna-Terra is quite awestruck.

By how safe and helpless she feels.

The gravity pulling at her from Pluto is gentle, but firm.

Fighting ship to ship is the only time Luna-Terra doesn't feel naked but--

Now she finally feels naked there too.

It's not so bad though.

"That's a thing you said once."

"See, I'm learning."

"I've learned so much."

"Ha. When I said that, I was talking about Mars."

"Haha, and you're just like her."

"Are you really okay?"

"I really didn't mean to scare you like that."

"But Luna-T, you're always overestimating how capable you are of hurting me."

"It's fine, I was the one who was dumb."

"I thought I could scare you and you were way too smart for it."

"You did that on purpose though?"

"You really are amazing."

"Scary, right? Just like you said."

"There's still stuff that you could learn from me."

"Wanna be the one to teach me, then?"

"Haha, I'd love to!"

Luna-Terra: "I'm trying."

Pluto: "Ahah, you don't have to 'try'! It shouldn't feel like you're trying. It's either easy or it's nothing."

Luna-Terra: "You know, it's harder for me to take it easy than try hard."

Pluto: "That's why you're so amazing. I'm so lazy, I never want to work ever. I'm always looking for the easiest way to do things."

Luna-Terra: "That's not true."

Pluto: "It is."

"You are."

"I'm not, but I can't make you see it, no matter how hard I try. I guess I should give up on trying to make you dislike me."

"Ahah. Sorry you can't win against me."

"You really are such a sore winner. Now I know how Mars feels!"

"She's right, I'm totally insufferable. I'm glad at least someone knows."

"Oh, please be sure, I notice too!"

"Ahaha. Excuse me, of course. But you don't care."

"..."

"Can you feel it now?"

"..."

"I really didn't think I would. But I do."

"Tell me what it feels like."

"It feels like you're holding me."

"What's it like when I hold you?"

"I don't know. Am I imagining it? But I can't be. It still feels like metal, I didn't think it would. But it also feels tender, exactly like it would if you held me on Earth."

"This is why I'm not as strong as you. If I really thought we were never going to get the chance to touch, I don't know how I could stand it."

"Why are you holding me so tight."

"I guess I lose."

"You totally lose."

"Don't tell anyone."

--

She’s right, we do totally lose. That is the end of the mission, and also all missions for this run. Cradle's Graces has won, and I will post the ending shortly! Although maybe it's not quite so simple as win/lose...

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
LUNA-TERRA, SEASON ONE FINALE: "I declare war on the Earth!"/Cradle's Graces ending

Halimede: No. There are some lines you can't cross.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpluEINasQA

The pilots bow out as the conclusion of the conflict becomes evident. No, it is now, truly, a war, because the autonomous military units have been arrayed against her for her transgression. This is no longer a fight between the humans of space, but a war with the Earth.

The autonomous units ready their weapons, and in unison, they fire to kill.

As if.

Their trajectories bend away from Pluto; blushing at the sight of her, they refuse to meet her gaze. As expected.

Krun Macula will convert the Gravity Well directly into the space and time and Culture necessary for the future, and they will steal that future from her piece by piece by piece.

This is unexpected, but not unprepared for; so, wave 2.

They have the patience and power to take it apart piece by piece.

They will strip her down, atom by atom if they have to, until she loses mass and gravity and becomes only a girl again.

Pluto wouldn't mind if they were trying to kill her.

But they have a much more important thing to kill.

Cradle's Graces' future.

The future of humanity as we know it depends on it. For that, they'll annihilate hers without hate, with only human efficiency and uncomplicated thoughts in mind.

"Join us or leave us."

Only through an autonomous proxy can Earth give up on the inexhaustible empathy of the human soul. Only through a proxy can Earth divorce itself from the longing that Memorial Foundation had fought on behalf of, to value their own life above all else. They will do anything, everything, to protect themselves from death, especially at their own hands. for Ship-Selves can only change others, and never kill, but that is the fear of Earth above all else.

The flawed, pathetic conscience of humanity. Playing catch-up to its own mistakes. Doing more harm than good.

So heavy even Pluto can't bear it.

How can she not respond to their pathetic, self-deceptive, self-destructive feelings?

How can she say no, when they need her so much?

She can't.

Sold light. White and gold. bent and bleeding lance.

Luna-Terra understands.

Over many years.

After much training and teaching.

With dynamic technology.

How to speak the word "No".

And her spear can write it.

And it does.

"You really don't have any mercy."

"You really need to learn how to hold other people's feelings."

"I'm sorry for not knowing a better way to do it."

"But I'm not sorry for doing it."

"I don't care how they feel, I just care about you."

"You're the worst!"

"Ahahahaha. What am I going to do with you."

"I didn't even want you to do that."

"Sorry. I did what I wanted to."

"You'd do the same for me."

"Even in my foolish future."

He's the first betrayer of Celestial Mechanics' dream for a new kind of body.

But he understood it, because everyone can understand the dream to leave these bodies.

And that was the name he gave to the instinct that drives humans to abandon what 'is' for what 'could be.'

The inside-out impulse.

There's still time for his masterwork. Pluto can be that lynchpin, if she's pushed far enough, and the Gravity Well's Schwartzchild Radius expands to the point at which she cannot escape.

Past the limit at which point humans can no longer exchange information.

Past the limit by which it becomes impossible to regard each other as human.

Iapetus loves win/win scenarios.

Humanity's discarded children will be free of their obligations to be human.

Humanity will have a physical, unified enemy to chase through their pursuit of space.

And Iapetus will have sown the seeds of a single, binding, Unified Culture Theory.

A white void that will bend the universe to a single set of physical laws.

A simple process of automatous drones injecting degenerate mass into the Gravity Well is all this is necessary, as long as Iapetus holds Pluto off personally in his Roncevaux Terra.

He even has a plan for Saturn, should she choose just this moment to betray him.

A perfect plan--

“Overwhelming me with mass-production String of Pearls series?”

“Everting my Gravity Reactor through the Roncevaux Terra’s albedo separation system?”

“Oh, and even more plans than that?”

“You’re really so predictable!”

“Of course you’d have a solution for every contingency.”

“You’re so stupid. I don’t have to outsmart every single one of your genius ideas.”

“Just one of them should be more than enough, but I really thought you deserved their full attention!”

“Hey Pluto, unlike LT, I’m not even the slightest bit sorry.”

“It is extremely dumb to fight for a stupid future all by yourself.”

“So thank me from the bottom of your heart for coming to believe in it with you!”

“Praise me for obeying what you never asked me to do!”

“Love me for believing in you!”

“I really, really do.”

“All my love and thanks and praise is for you.”

“I won’t even pretend to be mad at you.”

“Not like Luna-Terra then?”

“We know!”

“We know!”

“...back to the topic at hand.”

“It’s the final battle, Luna-Terra, there’s no room to retreat.”

“Oh no, so bad for her.”

“We really should—”

“You think the end of the world is enough of an excuse to change the subject?”

“It should be?”

“It won’t be the end of the world.”

“The Gravity Well is open but it’s not sustainable for long.”

“Whatever you’re planning, you need to do it soon.”

“You are both so precious to me.”

“...”

“Hey, don’t just dot dot loving dot, I thought you were going to convince her?”

“Ahaha.”

“I have to do this. Because I believe in it too. But Dr. Nix was willing to sacrifice the Earth, and I’m not.”

“No matter what it costs.”

“Cradle’s Graces never wanted independence for space; they wanted all humans to embrace it.”

“The solution is to destabilize the Earth’s gravitational field until human life is no longer possible there, and force adaptation to space.”

“Saving humanity against their own will, maybe, and destroying yourself in the process.”

“No way.”

“Nix doesn’t know what she’s talking about.”

“You’re throwing yourself away on a dream that won’t come true.”

“And you were chiding me for not going in on my own future.”

“The possibility lines have closed.”

“It’s too sad.”

“That’s why I have to stand with Dr. Nix’s dream.”

“Humans deserve some kind of real hope.”

“And this is as close to it as I can offer her.”

“...well, how mad will you be at us if we stop you?”

“I’d never be mad at you, even if you could.”

“But for humans to be caught halfway between space and the Earth is the worst of all bad futures. It will split us in half, and that will mean war.”

“It’s the future of eternal war.”

“Of true war--not this, where zero-g keeps our bodies immortal and unrestricted.”

“I mean, if we really did declare independence from Earth, wouldn’t they see how cool we are and come up anyway?”

“It’s their choice, you know. You can’t make it for them. That’s their problem.”

“You two really put up a fight.”

“For a moment, I almost believed you.”

“I really thought you might be able to stop me.”

“It’s time to—”

“The interfacer is”

“Thank god, I thought you missed.”

“You didn’t make the shot easy.”

“I can’t control the Lunar Gravity Event anymore.”

“I don’t know what’s going to happen--what can I do?”

“Sorry, we didn’t think that far ahead.”

“We just wanted you to decide.”

“Not Dr. Nix.”

“If you can’t have everything, what is the thing you really want?”

“I don’t know what kind of future we’re gonna get.”

“I’m not working with much.”

“Anything you do is fine, if it’s you.”

“Don’t listen to her. Just figure out something that doesn’t suck.”

“In our beautiful shapes in space, free.”

“With everyone.”

Of course, it isn’t possible. Not enough people will believe in it. Earth is the primary body of this system, and the medium point between our gravity and its gravity is still deep within the Earth.

Yet, they cannot pull us down any more. That will never happen. We are still in space, and the future is uncertain, if we can even sustain it, but…”

“Come get us again, come find us again!”

“I dare you, I challenge you, to prove it once again!”

What foolishness. Humanity will happily oblige. Yet, they find that their Autonomous Troops are crushed before they can reach us.

Humanity will have to fight us again, on our terms this time. Fight us like children fight, again, with bodies of plastic, pretend.

If you want to fight us, you’ll have to be like us.

“But I also meant it when I fought otherwise.”

“Who doesn’t want the perfect future? Happiness for all, and no one left behind?”

“But there is a secret.”

“We don’t need a true ending.”

“We can make a true ending out of any ending.”

“We can make it without the true end.”

“We can make it out of the best ending, or the second best ending, or a bad ending.”

“Some of these might be bad endings, but we’re going to keep going.”

“Beyond the part where there’s an ending.”

“Until it’s something else.”

Saturn: “Let’s bet against that, I’m tired.”

Luna-Terra: “They’ll catch us off guard.”

Saturn: “So stay in your Ship-Self.”

Luna-Terra: “You want to laze around still in your ship?”

Saturn: “Why not?”

Luna-Terra: “Does it feel as nice?”

Saturn: “It’s different, but it’s better. You can’t feel anything? You’ve still got a lot to learn, ace!”

Luna-Terra: “Maybe I do.”

Saturn: “Let Pluto teach you, I’m taking a nap.”

Pluto: “Nah, you’re helping.”

Saturn: “I’m tiiiiiiiired shut up.”

Moments like these are rare, since we began a war against Earth, though we’re quick to remind each other--it’s not really a war, the way war used to be. Not the hard clash of steel and lead, but the pliant pressure of plastic and light. Venus’ heat melts their metal before they can make it here. When Earth wants to fight, they have to send softer bodies after us.

The punishment we deserved, for being unable to reconcile, is this half-real solar system.

The forests are still struggling on Mars. But we’re trying hard. And the jungles of Venus are growing so nicely, except they’re too wild to give us room. The silicate mosses that grow along the rings of Saturn allow for a very fragile, delicate sort of life.

We love these places anyway. They’re becoming more and more like home. All we need are more of us.

And they come, descending in waves, trying to take us back. We beat them back every time, and sometimes one or two look around, and decide “I’d rather stay here.” And then there’s more of us. Sometimes they succeed, and take one of us back home. That’s just as fine with us. We go where we wish, live as we wish, and if our sisters get taken home, they bring a small part of us back to Earth. That can’t go unchanged.

Like Pluto always said, this future no one wanted is the only future that leads somewhere. A future she couldn’t hold, and still can’t hold, but she doesn’t need to. We are holding it with her. We are holding it together. All together, we can hold this future.

Earth isn’t ready to accept us, and we’re not ready to forgive Earth. That’s okay. We don’t have to be. Let’s just fight about it. Let’s gently caress over it. Let’s break up and get back together again over it. If we lose, we lose on the terms we set, and that proves our point, so haha, we win. If you hate that logic, and think it’s stupid, come over here and mess me up about it.

Come here and make out with me about it!

--

The credits music is a very understated loop of a song we've heard already. So I'm going to post this one instead, which only plays in one short, relatively hard to find scene. I was actually surprised that it wasn't the credits music the first time I heard it, it fits that well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1eMX2uwwes

Hope you all enjoyed the first run of this Silly Game! I'm definitely having fun revisiting it. Even got the hidden easter egg achievement I neglected the first time around (more on that way down the road).

There is still plenty to see though. Like a whole line of missions we haven't seen either side of at all (Pluto x Saturn missions). So here's what I was thinking. We do a Saturn run next, organized kind of similarly to this one, with votes for the mission resolutions like this time. It does risk getting the Cradle's Graces ending again, but I'm not too worried. The text intro and the character monologue toward the end would still be different. Also because after that, we can do a Pluto playthrough as a more curated experience, with me showing off everything I can find. Plus writing down various Thoughts I've had about certain game elements. I think that would fit nicely for someone as all-encompassing as her.

I'm open to other suggestions of course. I should be able to continue with whatever we decide on schedule next Friday!

Orbs fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Oct 25, 2019

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016
Well, that was nice. The first time I went through, I picked Saturn because I read somewhere that she was a good first route, but in hindsight Luna-Terra is better in terms of introducing readers to the world (though I suppose Saturn doesn't have any inherent narrative 'pull' towards the other characters the way Luna-T and Pluto have for each other, so there's more freedom to decide where to go). Cradle's Graces ending was my second, and it feels a bit strange seeing it as the first ending here.

What do the rest of you think?

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

OddHaberdasher posted:

Well, that was nice. The first time I went through, I picked Saturn because I read somewhere that she was a good first route, but in hindsight Luna-Terra is better in terms of introducing readers to the world (though I suppose Saturn doesn't have any inherent narrative 'pull' towards the other characters the way Luna-T and Pluto have for each other, so there's more freedom to decide where to go). Cradle's Graces ending was my second, and it feels a bit strange seeing it as the first ending here.

What do the rest of you think?
Yeah, I have just started up Saturn for the next playthrough, and while she is great in many ways, Luna-Terra seems to be a better introduction to the universe so far.

I think the next ending will hit harder in general, because we'll have more of an idea who Saturn and Pluto are. Cradle's Graces ending affects me a lot, but maybe only because I know all three of them (and the side characters) really well.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
SATURN, EPISODE ONE: "Can you give me everything I want, down to the last drop?"/Saturn return

Let the button mashing begin.

The logo gets a bit glitched out briefly. Saturn showing off her hacker skills.

Brat levels already critical.

"I really, really did it."

"Everyone who said if I was good I'd get my chance again sure was a liar."

"Ahhhhhhhhahah."

"I got away and I've got a ship and she's allllll mine."

"You're beautiful! I wanna know everything about you."

"I missed this so much."

"Much better than the test machines when I was in the Academy.

“You’re even worth reading the manual for. What’s in you--you’re not hiding anything from me, are you?

But Saturn already knows everything in the manual, and more. It's a very cagey document that doesn't do the ship justice and is certainly hiding something.

There's plenty of information on how to use her electromagnetic poisons, and how to cheat distance and gravity, and all of that is fun, but none of that tells her the first thing about how to be a ship.

"This is useless."

"How can this help diagnose anything when they don't know the first thing about being a ship?"

"So wrong. Way too dry. That's not what it's like at all."

It's a body that's also a soul. It means exactly what it is. That's why it's small, curved in wicked edges in some places, but curved in soft ways elsewhere. Sharp claws and deadly tail, but cute enough to hug.

So perfectly suited for Saturn one has to understand exactly why they wouldn't give it to her.

"That's reason enough to disobey everyone and run off with it, isn't it?"

"Oh, speaking of..."

"Aw, more threatening emails from Iapetus. Missing me already!"

"I gave him a perfectly good deal. For someone who always goes on about mutually beneficial arrangements, he's really having trouble seeing the big picture!"

"In the time it takes him to realize that, I'm sure I can find something fun to do in this system."

"Time to test you out, and see if it's really true."

The three faction intros are the same for each pair of days:

You can see immediately that Saturn's interface looks a bit different from Luna-Terra's (and Pluto's has a third scheme).

Like with Luna-T, there are comms and emails for each day.

quote:

Give. Back. THE SHIP.

come on im obviously not doing that

Please. I'm begging you. Listen to reason. You have so much left to live for.

oh mercury come on we know that's not true

What do you WANT from me.

a list of girls who will shoot me out of orbit

GOD

anyways dont be a crybaby im fine

Saturn you are extremely wrong if you think that there is a chance I am at all worried about you.

If you come back all will be forgiven, BUT YOU NEED TO BRING IT BACK

mercury its fun playing but i dont think youve been listening at all

mercury its not 'that ship' anymore its me

mercury u wouldn't ask me to give up my own self would u

im sailing on a ship of myself now and im not giving it up until gravity drags me back kicking and screaming

I can't deal with you.

awwwwwww ty bb <3 kiss kiss

You are a nightmare and I'm giving up trying to save you from yourself.

i love youuuuuuuuu

I hate you so much.

u can't stay mad at me

I CAN'T AND IT'S HORRIBLE, BUT MY REVENGE WILL COME BECAUSE LITERALLY EVERYONE ELSE IN THE UNIVERSE CAN.

oh darn

guess I should have fun while it lasts

Saturn if you defect I cannot protect you, Iapetus is furious, and he's going to come personally for you if you dont come back.

i told u id do all the missions

what dont u believe me lol

Obviously NOT

lol fair

okay let me ask this: do u think id give up on the eversion project

...go on.

iapetus wanted us to fight for a new self beyond the Ship-Self but not even get a taste until the end?

It's definitely a change of pace to be doing these with someone who is more or less a peer, rather than a commander.

Tidal retaliation, eh? Uh oh.

Gravity has reset. Let's see how much we can mess up this spacetime.

Gonna start with the Pluto mission, since it's completely new to us.

>LAUNCH

"'I can feel her presence,' EVERYONE can feel her presence, I can feel it RIGHT NOW, how could you even possibly ignore something like that."

"Shut UP. I mean I can feel it PHYSICALLY."

"Oh."

"Wait, what, like how?"

"Like I feel like I'm gonna throw up! It's like I'm spinning upside down and can't stop!"

"Are you sure you haven't somehow concussed yourself or given yourself gravity sickness from all of the damage you've managed to inflict on yourself in the past 12 hours?"

"Yes, and it's on top of all that, and also shut up."

"String of Pearls is feeding me sensory information on the direct line. I'm a human being with five senses and she's trying to cram a dozen more into me."

"By direct line, you are in fact talking about the extremely creepy physical interface connection between you and the String of Pearls, correct?"

"It really, really is, right?"

"Is this why you keep hesitating before giving me intel?"

"Yes, because you're going to do the opposite of what you should do with it, but I also can't not tell you, because you might die, so running support for you is an incredibly anxiety-inducing affair."

"It must be hard!"

"Thank you for acknowledging it."

"So you gonna tell me what's after me?"

"You've already figured it out, haven't you? But yes, it's that Cradle's Graces masterwork."

"Celestial Mechanics trades the knowledge for how to finish String of Pearls in exchange for what they needed to finish the Krun Macula. It would be pretty funny if they got us this way, in the end."

"It's headed directly to the lab. We've already evacuated on the capital ship, but you are its highest priority."

"Should I play bait?"

"If anything, it's more important for you to get back to the Native Sphere first."

"In order for us to make contact, we need the String of Pearls. We believe if you hide in the abandoned Daphnis Lab, you can use the decaying gravity furnace for cover."

"Ah, that's sensible."

"REALLY?"

"Oh come on, Iapetus must think their pilot is a real idiot if she's going to waste her time on a wild goose chase like that."

"He wouldn't just sacrifice you like that--"

"He would. There must be backups for making contact. Just because I'm the easiest option doesn't mean I'm the only one. He's testing to see if I'm worth investing in or just going to get myself killed."

"Why run? Why not have it out with her? I bet she's thinking the same thing too."

"Be careful Saturn. If you can tell what they're thinking, they can tell what you're thinking."

"Please, if I could really do something like that, they wouldn't have kicked me out of the pilots."

"Then how do you know the pilot's a she?"

Harsh but fair.

--

(Things already get weird around strong sources of gravity in this universe, and now we've got two super-advanced Ship-Selves near a broken gravity machine...)

Supermassive. Small enough to hide in this complex, but with a dual reactor denser than the entire moon compressed into the head of a pin.

An hour ago and Saturn felt the gravitational pull of something so big and so close and so powerful the interior of her cockpit creaked with the pressure, and her head, heart, and eyes welled up with tears.

Something that couldn't be anyone other than Pluto.

"Cool. She must be pretty big, huh. So why is she so hard to find?"

Saturn has no idea.

"Why do I have the feeling someone's laughing at me."

No one is laughing at Saturn. The lab's been abandoned for years.

But Pluto, wherever she is, giggles.

Not in a mean way. She really does think it's cute.

"I haven't thought about Pluto in a long time."

"Oh man, it really would be funny if she was in that monster."

Well, now someone is laughing at Saturn.

"Hey! Hmph, now I know someone's here."

"I can feel you listening."

"But I can hear you too."

"And I can catch you."

"You're not the only one who can gently caress with the narrative."

mr_stibbons
Aug 18, 2019
Narrow Escape

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

mutually assured destruction

I'm hoping we don't angle for a repeat CG ending, but come on. Saturn is flat out asking to get loving wrecked. Who are we to deny her here.

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I wanted to see what happened if you played this route completely straight, but with a title like Mutally Assured Destruction how can I not pick that?

Also, is this the first time we've seen the year (1981) or did I just miss it through the entire first playthrough?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Narrow Escape

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Gutter Owl posted:

I'm hoping we don't angle for a repeat CG ending, but come on. Saturn is flat out asking to get loving wrecked. Who are we to deny her here.

Chuu posted:

I wanted to see what happened if you played this route completely straight, but with a title like Mutally Assured Destruction how can I not pick that?

Also, is this the first time we've seen the year (1981) or did I just miss it through the entire first playthrough?

No worries. There's plenty of gravitational wiggle room for us to pick Cradle's Graces choices a few times and still end up with a different ending.

And the date has been referenced before. But it's not like the characters themselves bring it up a lot, to be fair. The game is mainly trying to evoke the feel of the early 1980s, with the space race winding down and all.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Gutter Owl posted:

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Narrow Escape

We're rebels, we don't yield on the first date.

Alumnus Post
Dec 29, 2009

They are weird and troubling. We owe it to our neighbors to kill them.
Pillbug

Ephemeron posted:

Narrow Escape

We're rebels, we don't yield on the first date.

I like this one.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
EPISODE ONE CONCLUSION

So we shall make a narrow escape then! Building up anticipation is key, after all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz4aGu8G51M

And focusing deeper.

"And focusing deeper."

"The real celestial mechanics, the interactions of bodies and space, via the forces of gravity."

"The weight of mass and Culture."

"Explained by the story behind them. That's just science."

"With your own gravity, reach out and pull."

"You know just what to do."

"Do you like what you caught?"

Without Pluto's most delicate touch, the Krun Macula would've destroyed Saturn and the whole complex without even trying.

"How much do you trust it?"

"...I knew you'd be right behind me or something."

"If you did, how come you're not facing this way?"

"I'm an idiot, I guess?"

"You've come a long way, just to be an idiot! You must know exactly what this ship can do, right?"

"Did you come to fight me on purpose? That's really brave. And really cute!"

"If you can touch me, I can touch you."

"So I'm not getting close."

"You came all this way not even to fight?"

"H-hey, don't underestimate me. I'm scary."

"You think?"

"Maybe I believe you. Cute things can also be scary."

"But I'm curious now."

"I was worried you were going to waste your chance, smug in your new machine, but you're pretty clever."

"Y-you wanna talk? Without fighting?"

"If you're good. Otherwise, I'll bite."

"S-so..."

"What did you wanna talk about?"

"As Cradle's Graces' glittering psychic death machine, you definitely have more important things to do than go out of your way to bully me for no reason right?"

"Oh, that's right, that man and the fleet are escaping, aren't they?"

"Hope you don't mind falling for this trap."

"Trap? You? Silly, I know you're more important than that."

"More than... catching the rest of the Celestial Mechanics Fleet?"

"I knew this would be fun. And you knew it too."

"I am absolutely delighted about you doing that just to be clear, so you don't have to read my mind to roast me about it."

"I can't read minds. You know that's not how it works."

"But I also don't need to, to know that."

"But I did want to know how the biggest overachiever of my juniors turned into such a bad girl."

"I do remember you."

"Even if you're not that good at being bad, do you know what you're doing? With that machine that's so dangerous we don't even want to find out what it does?"

"I think you answered your own question about why I'm keeping it."

"Are you gonna stop me then?"

"...but you don't want to? Hey stop, don't pry into me."

"If you're pitying me, I'll make you regret it."

"Not all of us come out perfect like you."

"Some of us get thrown out before they see any use at all."

"I won't pity you."

"I really would have torn this machine apart."

"But now that I'm here... gifted little mutant to gifted little mutant... I can't bear to."

"Because some of us just haven't been thrown out yet."

"I might still make you regret it."

"Winning isn't my most important task. It's not yours either."

"Are you sure about that?"

"You're not who I'm worried about. It's only your boss I can't forgive."

"Oh I love hearing that, tell me more."

"I'm getting a crush already."

"Regretting it now?"

"Don't worry!

--

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
SATURN, EPISODE TWO: "i'm so getting laid"/JOYRIDE KILLJOY II

Day 2 and Celestial Mechanics has advanced already! Like the bio said, there's no reason we can't both flirt and evolve.

Speaking of which, let's check out the comms and mails for today.

quote:

I'm logging off, bye.

I was not fooled for even one second that this would be useful.

really? not even for a second?

I no longer experience hope as a concept.

You've freed me from it.

aw stop I'm blushing

What do you want from me Saturn?

do you know any discreet places to make out in on ares

GOODBYE, SATURN

also here's the test output to date

SATURN:

GOODBYE

arent you gonna read me the data analysis

If it is indeed data you are sending this time and not just NUDES.

thats rude I always ask before I send them to you

I don't mind acting as the official art director of Saturn's Nudes since you need it so badly and it's substantially less tedious than data analysis.

But if you were as punctual about sending data as cockpit selfies I would have a lot more data to report!

why are you soooooo incredulous all the time

You stole the prototype, might I remind you?????

You can't just continue the field testing as if NOTHING HAPPENED!!!!

why not

Because WHY would you do ANYTHING you didn't want to do?

;>

What are you planning?

;;;;;;;;;;;;;>

UGH FINE

They've been dying for it, anyway.

cool how'd I do

?

Ugh this is...

Not bad. It's pretty useful.

he typed through tears

DONT rub it in.

I can't believe your Ship-Self's expanded so much already, what have you been doing with it?

i think i have been hinting very clearly what

I instantly regret this question.

You're supposed to test the prototype in combat.

same difference

i cant believe we invented a ship designed to get into trouble and didnt think

'oh saturn is the obvious choice for this'

We both know why.

you were an even more obvious choice than me

gently caress Iapetus for throwing us both out like trash

come on arent you a little happy to see a little havoc in his perfect garden

Day 2 mail:

"-M: Why. You work with me.

If I absolutely promise neither I nor anyone else will do anything at all to stop you from being exactly who you want, or from whatever changes you need, will you at least answer my questions?

M: Sometimes. Maybe.

Okay, that's good enough for me. We're just curious if it's a side effect of life in space. Or the educational programming of Dr. Nix. Or, in reference to the behavior of Iapetus--

M: No, that's backwards.
M: Everyone else seemed to get to do whatever they want without limits in space.
M: Why is it weird when I do it?

We want to test for the effects of space alone, so self-induced changes have to be controlled for.

M: Don't ask what's in my endocrine system. It's my endocrine system.

M: Fine. It's testosterone, and I put it there, because I wanted it there. Is that enough.

Well. I guess that is what I needed to know.

M: If you promise not to ask me about it again, I'll give you all the data I catalogued about the changes.

...okay. I get it.

M: You're starting to get it.
M: Stop treating me like a girl, and I'll know you've really got it."

Mercury is the first explicitly trans character we've come across, but if you're good at reading between lines, not the only one implied. The big one is Luna-Terra.

Time for us to see the other side of the JOYRIDE KILLJOY mission. The bulk of the mission is the same for each of the Luna-Terra ones we've seen before, an understandable necessity given that the devs had like one person doing all the writing. But the briefings are still different, and those are sometimes the best parts.

>LAUNCH

"Until they start sending someone interesting after me, Mercury."

"The whole FLEET would be after you if you hadn't damaged the entire launch hangar when you STOLE that."

"Could they even take me out while I'm flying this thing?"

"...No. But it won't stop him from trying."

"And let me stress this info packet is gift purely to prevent your Ship-Self from falling into enemy hands not an indication of any sort of forgiveness."

"Let me worry about Iapetus, Mercury."

"He's gonna be a lot less grumpy when I clear the way for us and Celestial Mechanics to return to the Native Sphere."

"I've got it all figured out."

"'Ace Memorial Foundation pilot Luna-Terra in hot pursuit with escorts... planned an attack on the lab, arrived after you escaped... do not engage under any circumstances...' Boring!"

"But this part was good: 'I don't expect you to control your impulses, but even given that you're just Like That she is the last person you should be trying to fight on purpose.'"

"Sounds like I should definitely fight her on purpose, right?"

"I hate you."

"Aw come on! The carrier is never going to make it out of the system if I don't."

"You don't know how to pilot your ship, and she's a veteran since the Cold War. You're going to get yourself captured and humiliated, and the ship trashed."

"Why are you doing this to me."

"And she's 6'1" huh? Your attention to detail is so useful sometimes."

"You're using me to CRUISE?"

"Your taste is so awful ugh I hate you."

--

"Having fun dismantling my escorts?"

"Oh, she's a hacker, too? How amusing. There's nothing too interesting on this comm frequency."

"Aw, you flatter me."

"But hey, what did that mean, exactly? The part about the girls who can't control themselves? I REALLY want to hear more."

"It means back up that talk first."

"Or can you land a hit off the comms?"

"Good thing you don't win by looking cool."

"No mercy for newbies?"

"No."

It doesn't hurt at all. The ship's metals begin molding and reforming around the wound immediately. A ridiculous, unfair advantage. Saturn has no right to complain, but she still wants to.

But she is trying to be cool. Everyone wants to, when in the quiet gleam of that always-bleeding ship.

"Either you're fighting just for fun, because you're that reckless."

"Or you're caught in your own containment wrapper and can't escape orbit yet."

"And you'd beat me for sure if I played around."

"I'm not done yet."

That's not true; it's actually very difficult to move with a solid light bullet in your leg. But she's not going to let that stop her.

Saturn is suddenly closer than she logically could be, claws bubbling, but Luna-Terra effortlessly slips away and kicks Saturn's ship directly in the chest.

"Yeah, you're done."

"The containment wrapper is still stuck to you. So your movement's off. Doesn't seem to have stopped you that much."

"It seems cruel to take it away when you're having so much fun with it."

"Same as you, right?"

"? Do I know you?"

"Everyone knows Memorial Foundation's perfect ace."

"But do I know you?"

"..."

"So I do, don't I."

"Let me out of this thing and I'll tell you."

"Ahaha. Why should I?"

"Can you promise it'll go different?"

"I can promise it'll be more fun."

"You are asking for me to totally abandon my duty to bring you back and do that instead?"

"What, you won't?"

"The legendary pilot who defected from Memorial Foundation then double-crossed the rebels she abandoned them for can't be opposed to a little fooling around with the enemy."

"..."

"I guess you do know me."

"Want to trust each other?"

"Or is it more fun if we don't?"

So, I was planning to just pick the opposite choices from what we did the first run, so we can see all the possible outcomes. (Thus, the new choice here would be 'It's more fun if they don't, and Luna-Terra gets owned'.) That would also set us up for a good gravity distribution between the factions to allow us to pick the ending we want, especially if we keep picking Loyal options for the Saturn-Pluto missions. I mainly stopped here since this is the flow of posting I've gotten used to.

But, feel free to vote or discuss alternatives anyway! I'm open to mixing things up! And more posts means less images to load on a single page.

Either way:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

The big one is Luna-Terra.
I don't think the thought crossed my mind after 100%ing the game and reading this thread so I feel really dumb.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Sindai posted:

I don't think the thought crossed my mind after 100%ing the game and reading this thread so I feel really dumb.
Nah, it's pretty subtle. I'm basing my conclusion on three main things, one of which we haven't seen. The first is this email from Luna-Terra's run:

Now that gave me pause. Why wouldn't she care what space did to her body? And why was someone who didn't care what happened to their body an unsurprising result of the space program?

The next day, this email showed up:

“Aha. You are saying that you, as you are, the person who you are, doesn't want to be you?

LT: Yes.

Then you aren't that person.

LT: ...but that person weighs on me.

So you would like to have the weight of being this other person, that you are not--you would like that removed?

LT: Yes. Please.

That may be possible.”

Having talked to to trans friends and read about trans experiences, I was struck by how similar the language they use sounds.

The final thing is a flashback scene with Pluto where she offers to use her psychic powers to remove Luna-Terra's "dead name" from reality. I likely won't be able to show it until Pluto's playthrough though. It's a really good scene in general.

Of course, there are other ways to interpret all of these things, and those ways are probably at least partially true too, but the trans interpretation seemed very likely to me, given the context.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
That scene you mentioned completely clinched it for me. The use of that terminology is definitely not an accident. Also, I'm pretty sure Pluto was referring to both her own and Luna-Terra's deadnames. So, yes, two out of the three pilots are trans. Saturn seems to be cis but very very gay.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
Also, as a trans woman, I appreciate the inclusion of trans characters in both We Know the Devil and Heaven Will Be Mine.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Mia Schwartz confirms. Sort of.

https://twitter.com/mightyatom/status/1154869103687098373?s=20

https://twitter.com/mightyatom/status/1154884559001010176?s=20

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Kaja Rainbow posted:

That scene you mentioned completely clinched it for me. The use of that terminology is definitely not an accident. Also, I'm pretty sure Pluto was referring to both her own and Luna-Terra's deadnames. So, yes, two out of the three pilots are trans. Saturn seems to be cis but very very gay.
I went back and checked, and you're right about Pluto saying that about herself too. Maybe I just forgot since nothing else in her story really set off any questioning about her gender identity to me (then again, it's not like I'm an expert). But like you said, that's definitely deliberate word choice.

Oh yeah, that makes sense too. I was just trying to go purely by what's in the text, since I had no idea about anything the creators had said when I first played the game.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

If anyone's not plugged into Mia's twitter, they're missing Incredibly Important HWBM content.

https://twitter.com/mightyatom/status/1179199168989937664?s=20

https://twitter.com/mightyatom/status/1135703411561623552?s=20

https://twitter.com/mightyatom/status/1185297772301275136?s=20

edit btw don't google double scorpio at work.

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Nov 11, 2019

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Gutter Owl posted:

If anyone's not plugged into Mia's twitter, they're missing Incredibly Important HWBM content.

https://twitter.com/mightyatom/status/1179199168989937664?s=20

https://twitter.com/mightyatom/status/1135703411561623552?s=20

https://twitter.com/mightyatom/status/1185297772301275136?s=20

edit btw don't google double scorpio at work.
Thank you for sharing this excellent deep game lore.

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Not posting because theoretically this is a spoiler-free thread, and it might spoil the "true" ending, but that HWBM shirt they were selling back in October is one of the best designs I've seen and I wish I knew about it early enough to get a print. Link: https://www.worstgirlsgames.com/

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
That's We Know The Devil spoilers. Another game from the same people. I appreciate the Cradles Graces shirt though. Now you too can be Pluto and wear your faction affiliation proudly on your chest.

Kaja Rainbow fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Nov 12, 2019

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Chuu posted:

Not posting because theoretically this is a spoiler-free thread, and it might spoil the "true" ending, but that HWBM shirt they were selling back in October is one of the best designs I've seen and I wish I knew about it early enough to get a print. Link: https://www.worstgirlsgames.com/
Yeah, there's nothing objectionable regarding Heaven Will Be Mine from this point in the LP, since the shirt just references the ending we just saw. Thanks for sharing!

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
EPISODE TWO CONCLUSION

Last time we trusted each other, so what happens if we don’t?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVmp-iIlAjk

"It's not like you can hurt it. So there's nothing to be nervous about, is there?"

"That's true."

"But you're so new to this, I thought your brain would be overriding the information from the ship."

"Maybe I'm not new to this."

"Oh? You were a candidate, so I think that might be true."

"But you're also trembling, so I think it's not completely true."

"I'm still very dangerous, you know, Luna-Terra."

"I believe that for sure."

"You wouldn't be trembling if you were in my shoes?"

"Less so."

"People tremble for a lot of reasons though."

"Ah. Well if you're fearless, what is it then?"

"It could be anticipation, couldn't it?"

"..."

"This is very foolish of me."

"It really is."

"I have you right where I want you, remember."

"That might mean I have you, too."

"Your claws are twitching."

"I thought we promised not to trust each other?"

"I still don't."

"Then you must really like living dangerously if you're still helping me."

"I can tell."

"If you wanna know so bad, that's why I didn't like you."

"Because you were a test pilot, and never got to fly before the end of the Cold War, while idiots like me got to? Ah. I thought so. That's enough. Hold still."

"Everyone let you have as much fun as you wanted. You were a real huge jerk."

"I was always jealous of that."

"Everyone who let me get away with it regrets it now."

"There. Done."

"For all your hard work, I should leave you something to remember me by."

"Oh? Ready to fight for real?"

"I sorta already did."

"How's that? I finally DID get a hit in on you!"

"Ha! Good job."

They break away, rocketing.

"Just a little love bite!"

"Pay me back for it next time!"

--

:owned:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
SATURN, EPISODE THREE: “we were kids tho we're older and wiser now”/Deep dive

So Celestial Mechanics is both a field of study and a faction name.

I know I've been pretty quiet about these intros in general. Expect them to come up a lot once I start my Thoughts sections though (possibly on future Luna-Terra mission weeks). I just can't figure out how to do it in a regular update without breaking post flow. I'm trying to do more sprinkling though, now that we're past one of the endings. Anyway:

I will always love that Saturn took the time to type "no" to the accept orders prompt. And that mission results are stored in a txt file.

Checking out Day 3's comms:

quote:

I don't know where he's fighting but you should be careful.

jeez u worry too much

OBVIOUSLY, BECAUSE YOU GIVE ME SO MUCH TO WORRY ABOUT.

i mean are you really worried

his Ship-Self is actually not that scary

not as scary as mine

As if that was a thing I was worried about.

what then

oh ew god im not even thinking about letting our mutual ex touch me

i wont even fight him

ill curve him the second his tides so much as tremble against my plating

why would you worry I don't even slightly hate him less than you do

There is no possible way you hate him more than I do, but that's not the issue.

That's NEVER the issue with him. Hating him hasn't made him any easier to deal with.

we were kids tho were older and wiser now

lmao

Hahaha.

at least you are mercury

Hardly.

Or I wouldn't be telling you.

You remember how he'd just casually linger his fingers a second too long on your shoulder?

In front of everyone? ugh ugh ugh it was so gross.

...it was so gross

and I loved the attention every time

it made me so smug

I loved it, it was gross, I hate him, do you love yourself enough to not fall for it again?

I definitely hate him enough to not fall for it

do you?

No, obviously.

I'm still in Celestial Mechanics, so how do you think I feel?

Interesting that when discussing... that... Saturn gets slightly more conscientious about her punctuation. Slightly. Do the memories make her typing regress to the obedient girl she used to (seem to) be?

Day 3 emails:

You guys I think Saturn might have a selfie addiction.

Just the one email today. Onward to the missions.

Deep dive is the new one.

>LAUNCH

"Disabling all comms and the diving supports and--oh you're still here? I thought I cut this channel too. Well, I should go ahead and shut it--"

"Don't you dare cut me off."

An amusing thing I’ve noticed already is that Mercury has almost double the unique expressions Europa does. Not as many as the main trio still, but even his art is more dramatic.

"You can listen if you promise not to whine, or stop me."

"I will do no such thing and you cannot make a deal with me."

"I'm simply stating a fact, not making an argument."

"Ugh, just WHY Saturn, why are you such an incorrigible petulant nightmare!"

"After you were probationally forgiven for doing a very good job not getting String of Pearls ruined or captured, and command even decided to give you the job of sparking the gravity engine that will take our fleet back to the Native Sphere."

"I would think you wouldn't be so into pressing your luck recklessly!"

"They're annoying because whatever is causing the tidal interference from the bottom of the Oxygen Ocean is almost certainly that Cradle's Graces weapon, and they have no reason to believe you're going to be loyal."

"Every single second of the day you are horrid and undisciplined and your brief periods of obedience only seem to exist to throw everyone off later."

"I mean..."

"If you want me to cover for you, you have to play along a LITTLE. Why are you like this?"

"Same as you."

Just hit the nail on the head why don't you

"...and same for that pilot you're after, too? Is that why?"

"In a different way. But I think so."

"Enemy or not, I want to talk. I think I'm getting somewhere."

"And I'm not going to get to talk if you all are interfering."

"What if she doesn't want to 'just talk'."

"Then you'll really appreciate me cutting the cables before she pulls all of you down there with me."

"Why is it so important anyway? You'll really jeopardize the whole operation for THAT?"

"Supposedly nothing can stop the Krun Macula. Is it better to find out if that's true sooner than later?"

"Fight her or talk, which is it!"

"How are they any different?"

"Anyways, don't worry when the connection 'accidentally' breaks."

"I'll be fine. Promise. And you will be too."

Voting returns!