Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

killer crane posted:

diagonal cut if the insides aren't likely to fall out. if youve got something like a tuna or egg salad you should rectangle cut.

Eh? What's the logic there?
A diagonal cut allows you to hold the sandwich with the hypotenuse uppermost and one hand on each of the two short edges to pinch them closed; a rectangle cut forces you to leave one of the four edges unheld.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
Chicken breast, marinated in whatever you like
Grill it, slice it up
Toast bun of choosing, apply some mayo
Lettuce, red onion
Create a mixture of Frank's Red Hot and your favorite BBQ sauce, apply
Handful of cheetos, optional, but given the context, required

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The_White_Crane posted:

Eh? What's the logic there?
A diagonal cut allows you to hold the sandwich with the hypotenuse uppermost and one hand on each of the two short edges to pinch them closed; a rectangle cut forces you to leave one of the four edges unheld.

Stuff falls out of the pointy bits. There's not enough bread there to hold the fillings in place. A rectangular cut doesn't have that problem.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

quite fond of jam

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Left over bolognese, Chuck it in a frying pan and add some hot sauce, get some good thick bread and butter it up, put the bolognese on the bread, slap a runny fried egg on top and sandwich it.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

tried something new today - a different kind of jam

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

givepatajob posted:

Honestly, I've found that standard ingredients make the best BLT. The fancier you try to get with it, the worse it becomes.
Oscar Meyer Bacon
Hellman's Mayo
The whitest of white bread
Lettuce
Tomato
Profit

I do the same principle with club sandwiches, which aren’t that different from BLT’s- I sub out the mayo for some basic Horseradish sauce though, which really elevates the whole thing.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
I dunno if there's a name for the sandwich or it's something that I just thought up on my own.

Make two slices of french toast, put peanut butter on one, nutella on the other, put a banana in between. It's good but messy.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ego-bot posted:

I dunno if there's a name for the sandwich or it's something that I just thought up on my own.

Make two slices of french toast, put peanut butter on one, nutella on the other, put a banana in between. It's good but messy.

That sounds good, and a bit like that Elvis sandwich

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
pretty much any meat and cheese sandwich is made better by the edition of curry paste as the condiment

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Imagine cutting a sandwich instead of immediately shoving it into your gaping, fetid maw.

Me, I like a good salami, provolone, mayo and spicy mustard. In whatever proportions you prefer, garlic powder if desired. No processed white bread/cake product allowed though, I'm sorry but I don't make the rules.

Avocado, tomato and salt is pretty good too, if you can find good tomatoes.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Cheap salami(oscar meyer, $1.78 for a big thing of it at the WinCo), cut almost to the center so it doesn't bubble up when you broil it for 2 minutes. Store brand wheat bread, sharp cheddar cheese, horseradish mustard, arugula. Once the salami's done broiling put it and enough cheese to cover a piece of bread on one slice, mustard the other slice and put a handful of arugula on top before you close it and put it in a pan to melt on medium heat 3-4 minutes a side. Maybe 2$ a sandwich including electricity, and it tastes great. I recommend making at least 2 at a time for conservation's sake. If you have weed, maybe 3 or 4 at a time.

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

EoinCannon posted:

That sounds good, and a bit like that Elvis sandwich

My mom always taught me that a proper Elvis sandwich is peanut butter, bacon and banana. Grilled. Though in Elvis' defense, there was no Nutella back in his day. (I've made peanut butter Elvis cookies with banana chips and bacon bits. I don't understand how I am not more dead.)

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
I don't know a good sandwich to make with jammy onions but I just discovered jammy onions and I need to put them on a sandwich with something else

Putting out a request for good sandwiches in which to pile a heap of jammy onions

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i would suggest, well

jam

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

One of my favorites is one I made out of a few leftovers but now make fresh when there's a hankering for it. Couple slices of tofu braised in chili paste and coconut milk, quick-pickled carrots and onions (and sometimes green beans), and a mix of spinach and arugula on a nice, crunchy baguette. Sweet, spicy, a little hint of sour; it's really good. You can sub the tofu for chicken if you're a meat eater.

Chip McFuck has a new favorite as of 15:13 on Sep 22, 2019

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Sometimes when I'm feeling adventurous I'll put peanut butter between two slices of white bread and then eat it

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

tried something new today - a different kind of jam

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i would suggest, well

jam

:hmmyes:

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Fave sandwich in hs was pepperoni and mustard on white bread and tbh I'd still gently caress that up if I got the chance

Current fave is:

Rye bread
Provolone
Baby spinach
Tomato
Red onion

As a fancy grilled cheese. It is incredible

At Thanksgiving I like to make a leftovers sandwich: white bread, mayo, turkey, stuffing, cranberry relish

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Who What Now posted:

Sometimes when I'm feeling adventurous I'll put peanut butter between two slices of white bread and then eat it

Add butter.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Turkey, honey mustard, herbs de provence.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Martin's potato rolls are my favorite mass market bread. Always grab a pack of those when there's leftover ham after thanksgiving and christmas. Little ham sliders with grey poupon is :discourse:

I like to make grilled cheeses in the style of a cuban sandwich. Swiss cheese, deli ham, mustard, pickles.

Turning leftover meatloaf into sandwiches is another favorite of mine. Ketchup or bbq, sliced onions, slab of meatloaf. Best on white bread.

BLTs are great but I rarely buy bacon, lettuce, and tomatoes all at the same time. Love to use creamy horseradish sauce instead of mayo when I make mine.

edit: throw some frozen waffles in a toaster, and make a peanut butter n' jelly except instead of bread it's waffles.

Tiggum posted:

Wholemeal bread.
Butter.
Peanut butter (100% peanuts - no added sugar or salt).
Sliced apple.

I like crunchy natural peanut butter (100% peanuts kind) and thin apple slices on 7/8/9/12 grain bread, whatever the kind that has oats on the outside and there's like bird seed mix all up in that bread. So much texture going on. A hefty chew.

WITCHCRAFT has a new favorite as of 07:39 on Sep 23, 2019

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Somfin posted:

I don't know a good sandwich to make with jammy onions but I just discovered jammy onions and I need to put them on a sandwich with something else

Putting out a request for good sandwiches in which to pile a heap of jammy onions

deli sliced turkey or chicken breast goes great with onion jam

cnut
May 3, 2016

Who What Now posted:

Mods?!

Tiggum posted:

Add butter.

MODS?!?!?!?!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

have you tried it? it's quite good

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

1 ciabbata roll, sliced in half
1 whole avocado
roasted red pepper spread
sliced smoked gouda
chicken breast, turkey breast, it don't matter

This is my go-to sandwich whenever I have all the ingredients. I get hungry just thinking about it!

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Hummus, shallots, pine nuts, crumbled blue cheese, arugula, olive oil, balsamic glaze if you can find it (balsamic vinegar if not.)

Open faced: hummus, guacamole, sliced cherry tomatoes, lemon juice, grated pecorino if you can find it (parm if not, but either way, don't buy the pre-grated sawdust in a bottle poo poo)

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Martin's potato rolls are the best which is why Shake Shack is the best because they use them.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

a stupid amount of pastrami and a stupid amount of swiss toasted in rye until all the cheese is all melty. no toppings, no condiments. I'm pretty sure those 3 things are at a store.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Ted Danson is a great sandwich

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.
Simple fried egg sandwich:

- Fry three eggs
- Add salt and pepper
- Toast two slices of bread
- Add a slice of sharp cheddar
- Add a slice of tomato

It's not exotic or fancy, but it fills you up.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I did Brad Leone's fried bologna sandwich not too long ago, and I ate that poo poo for like three days it was so good.

Finely chop a couple of gherkin pickles and combine with a couple tablespoons of yellow mustard and mayo (I also added a dab of Dijon)
Slap a few slices of bologna in your cast iron pan until crispy and flip until the other side is crispy and remove
Throw down two slices of nice seeded rye bread into the pan and lightly toast both sides
Spread your pickle condiment on both slices, lay down a thick layer of fried bologna, top with a couple sheets of crispy iceberg, sprinkle a little bit of pickle juice, top with your remaining rye slice, and cut diagonally!

Also, the Wisconsin classic of thinly sliced hot ham and swiss on a roll with a good dollop of burn-your-face-off horseradish.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Fried chicken with honey lemon slaw on a croissant.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Resting Lich Face posted:

Fried chicken with honey lemon slaw on a croissant.

God drat that looks good.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

looks good but i'm more in the mood for jam

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Ziv Zulander posted:

Peanut butter and onion sandwiches are my go-to for a quick snack :yum:

e: some dill pickle slices in there too if I’m in the mood

I love peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches. I don't know why I never thought of adding onion before.

I could rock a hot dog bun slathered in peanut butter with a kosher dill spear as the "dog" and sprinkled with chopped onion.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

T-Square posted:

I did Brad Leone's fried bologna sandwich not too long ago, and I ate that poo poo for like three days it was so good.

Finely chop a couple of gherkin pickles and combine with a couple tablespoons of yellow mustard and mayo (I also added a dab of Dijon)
Slap a few slices of bologna in your cast iron pan until crispy and flip until the other side is crispy and remove
Throw down two slices of nice seeded rye bread into the pan and lightly toast both sides
Spread your pickle condiment on both slices, lay down a thick layer of fried bologna, top with a couple sheets of crispy iceberg, sprinkle a little bit of pickle juice, top with your remaining rye slice, and cut diagonally!

Also, the Wisconsin classic of thinly sliced hot ham and swiss on a roll with a good dollop of burn-your-face-off horseradish.

Bologna is gross as hell but this sounds good. A bit more work than a sandwich should be though!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Slaw is the finest of all sandwich toppers. Creamy slaw, vinegary slaw, broccoli slaw, Vietnamese slaw, sauerkraut, whatever.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Slaw is the finest of all sandwich toppers. Creamy slaw, vinegary slaw, broccoli slaw, Vietnamese slaw, sauerkraut, whatever.

Cabbage is good. And cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I got a Bahn Mi from a local Pho joint a while back, and they had some weak rear end all carrot slaw, no delicious daikon radish punch to it.

0/10, Bahn Mi is nothing without the proper slaw.