Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I like some Boars Head rosemary ham on a Martin's potato roll with mayo and leaf lettuce. Maybe swiss cheese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

This reminds me of Down and Out in Paris and London where all the poor people British people are living off of meals of tea and two slices of toast with margarine. This is the fanciest meal someone could imagine after eating that diet for so long your soul dies.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Slicing diagonally is the only way to go.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Martin's potato rolls are the best which is why Shake Shack is the best because they use them.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

T-Square posted:

I did Brad Leone's fried bologna sandwich not too long ago, and I ate that poo poo for like three days it was so good.

Finely chop a couple of gherkin pickles and combine with a couple tablespoons of yellow mustard and mayo (I also added a dab of Dijon)
Slap a few slices of bologna in your cast iron pan until crispy and flip until the other side is crispy and remove
Throw down two slices of nice seeded rye bread into the pan and lightly toast both sides
Spread your pickle condiment on both slices, lay down a thick layer of fried bologna, top with a couple sheets of crispy iceberg, sprinkle a little bit of pickle juice, top with your remaining rye slice, and cut diagonally!

Also, the Wisconsin classic of thinly sliced hot ham and swiss on a roll with a good dollop of burn-your-face-off horseradish.

Bologna is gross as hell but this sounds good. A bit more work than a sandwich should be though!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Slaw is the finest of all sandwich toppers. Creamy slaw, vinegary slaw, broccoli slaw, Vietnamese slaw, sauerkraut, whatever.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm in Philadelphia where we have the best Vietnamese food on the east coast and you definitely gotta have good slaw and you definitely have to have good bread. The institution here in South Philly is Ba Le and they're an institution because they make their own bread and it's good. Also they use fresh jalapenos and fresh cilantro. Straight out of the garden! I always tell tourists to go to Ba Le because they're amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Yeah we've got the one sandwich if you're here for the weekend, but we've also got scrapple on a long roll, the corned beef special, porchetta, the nigerian hoagie, the fishcake hot dog, the florida style inside out, and better Vietnamese food than even NYC, which includes the banh mi.