Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Martin's potato rolls are my favorite mass market bread. Always grab a pack of those when there's leftover ham after thanksgiving and christmas. Little ham sliders with grey poupon is :discourse:

I like to make grilled cheeses in the style of a cuban sandwich. Swiss cheese, deli ham, mustard, pickles.

Turning leftover meatloaf into sandwiches is another favorite of mine. Ketchup or bbq, sliced onions, slab of meatloaf. Best on white bread.

BLTs are great but I rarely buy bacon, lettuce, and tomatoes all at the same time. Love to use creamy horseradish sauce instead of mayo when I make mine.

edit: throw some frozen waffles in a toaster, and make a peanut butter n' jelly except instead of bread it's waffles.

Tiggum posted:

Wholemeal bread.
Butter.
Peanut butter (100% peanuts - no added sugar or salt).
Sliced apple.

I like crunchy natural peanut butter (100% peanuts kind) and thin apple slices on 7/8/9/12 grain bread, whatever the kind that has oats on the outside and there's like bird seed mix all up in that bread. So much texture going on. A hefty chew.

WITCHCRAFT has a new favorite as of 07:39 on Sep 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Somfin posted:

I don't know a good sandwich to make with jammy onions but I just discovered jammy onions and I need to put them on a sandwich with something else

Putting out a request for good sandwiches in which to pile a heap of jammy onions

deli sliced turkey or chicken breast goes great with onion jam

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
The most important part of this sandwich is the cheese. Go to a big deli that has a good variety of cheeses, and get the strongest, longest aged, stinkiest (and probably most expensive) provolone you can find. Get roast beef. Get whatever bullshit from an olive/tapas bar you like. Kalamata olives, marinated mushrooms, teardrop peppers, pepperoncini, garlic stuffed green olives, whatever. Just get a little bit of each one you like. If any of them are too big to use as a sandwich topping, just slice them up.

On a Portuguese roll: roast beef, strong provolone, olive bar bullshit mix. Drizzle with sub oil, vinaigrette, or Italian dressing.

My mom used to make these when we were going to the beach or hiking. She calls them "old Italian man sandwiches" because after seeing several old Italian men order something like this at a deli/sub shop, she tried it and it's really good. And you should try it too.

Serve with a jar of lupini beans. These are kind of like edamame, they have a fibrous shell that you do not eat. Pop them out of their "shell" into your mouth and discard the husk.