Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bard Maddox posted:

it’s gone away mostly with the more MMA-inspired stuff, but I love the raise an arm twice in a submission and it goes limp, but then they get an arm up on the third one and make a big comeback

Yes yes yes loving yesssss!

Bring back that spot you cowards, it was the loving best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Alignment change shown via t-shirt removal.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Writer Cath posted:

We're like 2 months from MJF flipping his scarf to show an Inner Circle side.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Writer Cath posted:

yuuuusssssss

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
when dudes come out and just stand at the top of the ramp and whoever's in the ring sells it like they're about to get shot in the head even though they're like half a football field away

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Gaz-L posted:

We're like 2 months from MJF flipping his scarf to show an Inner Circle side.

Not gonna lie, that'd be sick as hell.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Writer Cath posted:

The absolute best

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Low Desert Punk posted:

when dudes come out and just stand at the top of the ramp and whoever's in the ring sells it like they're about to get shot in the head even though they're like half a football field away

https://youtu.be/cRAdWcfpM_Y

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Has anyone ever said "when heels quote the actual rules to refs"? Like Alexa Bliss screaming "I have until five" when they start counting at her?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Veryslightlymad posted:

Has anyone ever said "when heels quote the actual rules to refs"? Like Alexa Bliss screaming "I have until five" when they start counting at her?

Daniel Bryan does this when he's in Prick Mode :D

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Low Desert Punk posted:

Miz did this to absolute perfection last year in a gauntlet match when Strowman came out. His face at :22 is so, so great.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

when someone wins King of The Ring and immediately starts acting like they're british royalty

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Yinlock posted:

when someone wins King of The Ring and immediately starts acting like they're british royalty

booker t was the best version of this

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

ItohRespectArmy posted:

booker t was the best version of this

:allears: Any time he called Teddy Long "Thadeus" at the beginning of their conversation, then got upset and went "AWWW HELL NO TEDDY :mad:"

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

Low Desert Punk posted:

Better yet, when this trope combines with the "theme music plays for a run-in" trope, as if everybody just wants to hang out and listen to the cool song regardless of its implications in context.

best/worst iteration of this combo was in the original ECW days when The Sandman would come to the aid of his fellow babyfaces and everyone would wait 6 minutes for "Enter Sandman" to finish/the crowd to sing along to the whole song

https://youtu.be/gLehcE4eDdI?t=460

throw in "lights go out, come back on to reveal surprise appearance" for the trope trifecta

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This thread should have the subtitle Trope con Hilo btw.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

wrong thread i am so sorry

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This thread should have the subtitle Trope con Hilo btw.
Foochs you're a genius and I hate you

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Low Desert Punk posted:

Agreed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRAdWcfpM_Y

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I'm a big sucker for when a guy has a finisher that's sold as absolute death. Bonus points if the announcers talk it up like it should be banned or something.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Foochs you're a genius and I hate you

YESSS

ilu too buddy

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

sean10mm posted:

I'm a big sucker for when a guy has a finisher that's sold as absolute death. Bonus points if the announcers talk it up like it should be banned or something.

Bonus bonus points if it's Darby Allin's Coffin Drop and the announcers also point out he can barely hit the thing, but it's 100% a win if he does

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Moves are stronger the more you bounce off the ropes

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I did a quick scan and no-one's mentioned Charlie Brown From Outta Town/The Midnight Rider yet?

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

I did a quick scan and no-one's mentioned Charlie Brown From Outta Town/The Midnight Rider yet?

not them specifically but we discussed the generic trope early on

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

sean10mm posted:

Jake The Snake's DDT is the prime example. Boys sold that poo poo like they were shot in the head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSI8uJp6Cjw

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Low Desert Punk posted:

the rock was the king of this, whenever some new jabroni showed up on the ramp to challenge him his eyes would pop out of his head like a cartoon

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Jake The Snake's DDT is the prime example. Boys sold that poo poo like they were shot in the head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSI8uJp6Cjw

The Dirty Deeds/Paradigm Shift is a worthy successor IMHO but I'm very biased.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The Dirty Deeds/Paradigm ShiftDEEEASUUUU RIIIIIDAAAAAAAAA is a worthy successor IMHO but I'm very biased.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

sean10mm posted:

as an extension of this, finishers that actually finish matches i.e the diamond cutter

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Everyone acting like the ringside steps are 20 tons of solid steel despite really obviously being hollow aluminum

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
When the Babyface teases something heelish to make the heel flinch, but doesn't follow through.

Omega Okada 1 had this near the beginning, and Okada patronisingly patting omega's shoulder afterwards was the best.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Yinlock posted:

Everyone acting like the ringside steps are 20 tons of solid steel despite really obviously being hollow aluminum

Wait, what??

I've been worked all my life

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Breetai posted:

When the Babyface teases something heelish to make the heel flinch, but doesn't follow through.

Omega Okada 1 had this near the beginning, and Okada patronisingly patting omega's shoulder afterwards was the best.

Okada does that to everyone

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Schneider Heim posted:

Wait, what??

I've been worked all my life

My friend Timmy's uncle says that the matches are predetermined.

The referee flips a coin backstage and everything.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Breetai posted:

My friend Timmy's uncle says that the matches are predetermined.

The referee flips a coin backstage and everything.

And the blood is just blood capsules

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Face is getting a beatdown from multiple heels, ones who are probably not allowed to be there, music comes on OMG it's another face here to save him, heels continue to beat the poo poo out of the face while while the rescue face takes his time to slowly saunter to the ring for the save, yknow instead of running.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

And the blood is just blood capsules

To be fair, this is one that has actually become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
when a wrestler coming into a gauntlet match lets himself be counted out because he wants the wrestler in the match to get the opportunity

also: when a wrestler teases it but enters anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
I have a new favourite variation on the old trading strikes spot, which is Jordynne Grace answering each strike by trading it for a bodyslam. :stare: