Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
The only time I saw a cat GPS used was at the ER clinic I worked for and that was on a cat that was hit by a car. We used the tracker to find the owner's neighborhood and then track them down via Facebook. Obviously it didn't help the asleep owner at all.

I don't even know if they have alarms for cat doors, much less human doors with a gps collar? I do know a woman I house sit for has her garage cat door with 2 settings, one to let in and out freely and the other to only let in. I know they have those cat doors that won't let cats out depending on the collar but there's nothing stopping your cat from bolting through an open door.

I think the suggestion of boarding your cat or letting them stay with a good friend would be the safest. You could visit the cat in both scenarios. The cat probably won't love it, but hey, it'll at least be alive to be pissed off at you later.

As a side note, are you aware that these people that have trouble closing doors now will in 2-3 years time very likely be leaving a door open for your toddler to run outside? Stop that poo poo right now. They don't make electric fence collars for toddlers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU