Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
A seat on elon musk’s mars ark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

MCC membership.

The current waiting time is about 20 years, and will probably get longer in the future, but in that 20 odd years your son will be eligible for Grand Final tickets.

So possibly in time to see St. Kilda's next flag

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

edit: sorry.

TV Zombie fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Nov 15, 2019

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Do we have a minigoon-rearing Megathread hidden somewhere already

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
There's a parenting thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3508127

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

diadem posted:

We plan on buying wine now that will be aged perfectly once he turns 21.

You're toying around with the kid getting into sailing and you're contemplating a bottle of wine?

gently caress that, talk to a distiller and buy a barrel of whisky that goes into aging this year, then bottle it when the brat turns 21.

Pryor on Fire posted:

Jesus christ, is this really the kind of poo poo white people do when they have a baby?

Rich enough white people, apparently.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I hear 21 year olds are really into finely aged wine.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I'm gonna buy my kid a bottle of grain alcohol and split it with him when he turns 15 until we both black out, just like my daddy and his daddy and his daddy.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

KillHour posted:

I'm gonna buy my kid a bottle of grain alcohol and split it with him when he turns 15 until we both black out, just like my daddy and his daddy and his daddy.

https://lawandcrime.com/crazy/dad-sentenced-after-13-year-old-daughter-drank-17-shots-of-vodka/

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

KillHour posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB4z492z2hg

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

chitoryu i know we've had our spats but please don't post my extremely cool daughter in these forums, these ruthless heartless forums

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
lol if you didn't get above .3 bac in your teens.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

Soricidus posted:

A seat on elon musk’s mars ark

This, but seriously. Climate change gonna make things crazy by the time he's middle-aged.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Buried alive posted:

This, but seriously. Climate change gonna make things crazy by the time he's middle-aged.

Given that we apparently can’t keep a planet habitable when it starts out that way, I struggle to believe that mars will ever be a better place to live

Diametunim
Oct 26, 2010
Surprised nobody has mentioned opening a Roth IRA for your child. My parents did that for me and turned it over to me when I turned 21. I'm not certain it's entirely legal for you to contribute on your child's behalf so I won't get into that.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Wait, so you parents can't open up an investment/savings thing for their kid and then contribute to it?
Guess thats why all these millenials are broke AF. They "ain't started working till there twelve or thirteen 'cause there lazy"!!

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Isn't there anything that I can set up for my child financially to help them out when they turn a certain age?

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

Isn't there anything that I can set up for my child financially to help them out when they turn a certain age?

A trust fund?

GPF
Jul 20, 2000

Kidney Buddies
Oven Wrangler
Put him on the waiting list for tickets for The Masters.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

wesleywillis posted:

Wait, so you parents can't open up an investment/savings thing for their kid and then contribute to it?
Guess thats why all these millenials are broke AF. They "ain't started working till there twelve or thirteen 'cause there lazy"!!

Not an expert, but my understanding is you can't contribute more to an IRA than your income for the year, with a cap of $6k. So since a kid has no income, you can't contribute to one for them.

At this point, getting your kid a bunch of toilet paper and MREs might be more prudent, though.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Yeah, MREs make decent rear end-wiping material after you finish eating the toilet paper.

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Epidemiology

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Chamale posted:

You could create an email account and send him emails and photos, then give him the login info when he turns 18.
Love this idea. Just made that account for mine.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

GPF posted:

Put him on the waiting list for tickets for The Masters.

There’s no waiting list for Masters tickets. They do a lottery drawing every year that is open to the public.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

ilkhan posted:

Love this idea. Just made that account for mine.

Will email still be around in 20 years? Will that account?

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

KillHour posted:

Will email still be around in 20 years? Will that account?

Will you kid want to read 20 years of email?

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
*blows dust off an ancient post-it with an AOL password*

"This unlocks your father's image stash....elegant memes for a more civilized age."

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Coronavirus testing.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
Make are one of you talks to him exclusively in binary for the first couple years. Otherwise he just won't be able to compete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kritzkrieg Kop
Nov 4, 2009
Farm a Reddit account and present it to him with high karma so that he can be on the forefront of the guillotine enlightenment revolution :bernpop: