Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Rad-daddio posted:

"I just worked for ten hours nonstop and I barely had time to get to the grocery store after picking up my three kids from daycare. I better make sure that I haul all three of my very young kids all the way across the parking lot to the only loving cart return so DarkSoulsTantrum doesn't live up to his name and punch me in the throat in front of my frightened children."

-Tired mom, age 30
*goon cracks knuckles*
"Webster's Dictionary defines 'insufferable' as"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Rad-daddio posted:

"I just worked for ten hours nonstop and I barely had time to get to the grocery store after picking up my three kids from daycare. I better make sure that I haul all three of my very young kids all the way across the parking lot to the only loving cart return so DarkSoulsTantrum doesn't live up to his name and punch me in the throat in front of my frightened children."

-Tired mom, age 30

Defending assholes who leave their shopping carts out willy-nilly is indeed a strange hill to die on.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I feel like people always bust "is this the hill you're really willing to die on" when you're technically correct and they are well aware of it but instead of just admitting they were misrepresenting your point because it was somewhat similar to another argument and that you are in this case right they instead act like you are in the wrong for caring about the distinction in a last ditch attempt to score argument points.

And that is a hill I am willing to die on.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Silent Hill 2 takes place in a different fictional universe than 1 and 3. All of the monsters and decay exist purely within James' mind.

4, which was originally planned as a non Silent Hill game, just casually retconned that poo poo in a desperate attempt to make fans freak out over an otherwise lovely game. Its claims are non canon.

OG Algier
Aug 5, 2019

Riding a motorcycle with a 2 litre bottle of gasoline in your backpack is dangerous

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

OG Algier posted:

Riding a motorcycle with a 2 litre bottle of gasoline in your backpack is dangerous

Riding a motorcycle with anything, or nothing, on your back is dangerous

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE
gif is pronounced like gift

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Reading in the park is nice op. And reading on the subway is way better than dodging eye contact for 30 minutes

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Problem Sleuth posted:

This is for hills to die on, not posting objective facts

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Problem Sleuth posted:

Where does the T sound come from

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
i support performance enhancing drugs in professional sports

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Devils Affricate posted:

Where does the T sound come from

It's a silent T.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Macnult posted:

lyricism in hip hop is not necessary and backpackers have a stick up their rear end

This 100%.

I'm also truly passionate about people not getting into the mental trap of thinking they "owe" their employers something. Your employer pays you for a service, you may have a great relationship but at the end of the day there will always be exploitative elements to any profession and thinking that an employer is being "generous" ever is pretty loving stupid.

Poohs Packin fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Sep 1, 2019

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Problem Sleuth posted:

Conversely, no it's not and the people who argue against it are absolute lunatics who contort bizarre arguments to try to make reality fit their weird preference

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

If you don’t put your shopping cart in the corral when you’re done with it you should get your rear end beat.

unironically this. all stores should use the aldi system. aldi parking lot there is no cart to be seen except in the corral. every other super market carts loving everywhere. being a cart fetcher in 120 heat sucks poo poo dont make their already poo poo job harder. although the aldi system uses no cart fetcher but they pay their cashiers well and let them sit down.

snergle fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Sep 1, 2019

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Even though it led to the downfall of the republic I still think assassinating Caesar was the right play

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

A true union man doesn't return his cart.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Away all Goats posted:

goku could totally kick superman's rear end

Came here to post this

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I am gay. I am gay. You can't prove otherwise. I like men. Men.

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race
Pansexuality is not a thing - Bisexuality is inclusive of all genders by design and being a pedantic word nerd about the bi meaning 2 can huff my shorts.

As an non binary trans masc and bisexual - fight me on it snowflakes.

Also if and when I die dig a deep ditch at the top of a hill like a bronze aged noble.

:colbert:

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Fully self-driving cars aren't right around the corner and probably won't be around in my lifetime. They are just another pie-in-the-sky technology for investors to throw money at before the tech bubble deflates.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
spinach is superior to lettuce

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

sweet thursday posted:

Everyone has those arguments they won't let go, for any reason, at any time, even if their spouse, friends, and local law enforcement are screaming at them.
These are the things we are willing to take a 6er for, and divorce, and a bullet.

For me, I can't stand when people read books in public. Nobody has enough time in their day and it seems more like a crafted stunt that reeks of I'm better than you. They know exactly what they are doing and how it makes me feel, and quite frankly it pisses me off

I bet you read the forums in public sometimes, so maybe it's more a matter of them looking more cerebral than you?

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
*a lot

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
*pushes cart around the store for an hour in a pattern that would make a gen1 Roomba jealous*

Oh god pushing it into the return is such a burden I'm so tired!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
It's called "pop"

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Gaunab posted:

Radiohead is overrated and Creep is their best song

This is a great hill to die on, keep at it

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

The_Continental posted:

This 100%.

I'm also truly passionate about people not getting into the mental trap of thinking they "owe" their employers something. Your employer pays you for a service, you may have a great relationship but at the end of the day there will always be exploitative elements to any profession and thinking that an employer is being "generous" ever is pretty loving stupid.

I work with a 72 year old dude who just comes up with a new excuse every year not to retire. This year it was "oh well the shop is shorthanded at the moment, and I know the company will appreciate it if I stay." Buddy, anyone working for the company outside this building has no fuckin clue who you and they don't care.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Chewing anything with your mouth open without having some sort of debilitating jaw injury or congenital disability that prevents otherwise should be mortally punished with all available prejudice and the body thrown into the sun, so that the great atomic furnace may obliterate every possible molecular linkage that once worked to represent the corporal form of the offender.

Popping gum should be punished with being fed face first into an industrial shredder.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Calling trump drumpf because a man on the tv told you to do so is childish and stupid.

I've apparently died on this hill multiple times.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

snergle posted:

unironically this. all stores should use the aldi system. aldi parking lot there is no cart to be seen except in the corral. every other super market carts loving everywhere. being a cart fetcher in 120 heat sucks poo poo dont make their already poo poo job harder. although the aldi system uses no cart fetcher but they pay their cashiers well and let them sit down.

Also if you are just a single loser like me you don't need a loving cart for your vodka and ramen just carry your reusable bags out to the car you little bitch, wow you're actually getting something resembling exercise for once

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

sweet thursday posted:

You date rear end. You marry tits. I'll join you on that hill

interesting :thunk:

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Chewing anything with your mouth open without having some sort of debilitating jaw injury or congenital disability that prevents otherwise should be mortally punished with all available prejudice and the body thrown into the sun, so that the great atomic furnace may obliterate every possible molecular linkage that once worked to represent the corporal form of the offender.

Never go to Asia

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.
onions are dog poo poo garbage and they do not belong in anything described as "food"

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
The movie Edge of Tomorrow should have been named Live. Die. Repeat.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Mt Oread, probably

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Who What Now posted:

It's called "pop"

yikes

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Skypie posted:

I work with a 72 year old dude who just comes up with a new excuse every year not to retire. This year it was "oh well the shop is shorthanded at the moment, and I know the company will appreciate it if I stay." Buddy, anyone working for the company outside this building has no fuckin clue who you and they don't care.

I doubt he thinks he owes the company anything its more that he WILL commit suicide within three months of retiring

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Devils Affricate posted:

Never go to Asia

I have family from the parts of China that does this and it drives my western sensibilities up the wall.

I also have caucasian co-workers who chew with their mouth open and I want to tape their jaws shut every time they put food in their mouths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Julius CSAR posted:

Mt Oread, probably

Maybe you should Oread a different thread, NERD!!!