Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Devils Affricate posted:

Silent Hill 2 takes place in a different fictional universe than 1 and 3. All of the monsters and decay exist purely within James' mind.

You're wrong, sort of. James isn't the only one inflicted by the town's influence and, get this poo poo dark side hotel has a giant mark of samael on the floor of the main room :aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Everyone has the right to live how they want to and if you can't understand that you are stupid and should die.

Sure, people act like it's a popular opinion but they just. don't. practice it.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Also malts are better than shakes and if you prefer shakes then you are a brainless gimp.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Hulk Hogan should've died in that car wreck instead of Macho Man Randy Savage

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
I'm way better than you and deserve to keep living.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

The Protagonist posted:

You're wrong, sort of. James isn't the only one inflicted by the town's influence and, get this poo poo dark side hotel has a giant mark of samael on the floor of the main room :aaaaa:

The others are seeing poo poo but not the same poo poo James is seeing. The mark of Samael is there as a small homage to the first game. Nothing else in the narrative refers to it.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Devils Affricate posted:

The others are seeing poo poo but not the same poo poo James is seeing. The mark of Samael is there as a small homage to the first game. Nothing else in the narrative refers to it.

The series should have continued having each game be a self-contained story with its own mythology surrounded by a general aesthetic, they probably could have even done away with the town and have it exist more as a metaphorical thematic glue for the series.

But then they decided to continue with SH1's continuity and it immediately dropped in quality. The cult poo poo wasn't interesting in SH1, what WAS interesting was Alessa's pain and how it manifested, her story was what made it interesting, not the loving cult crap.

My hill is that Silent Hill 3 is crap and the story sucks balls, and that SH4 is honestly better and more interesting.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Anime is bad.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

epsilon posted:

I doubt he thinks he owes the company anything its more that he WILL commit suicide within three months of retiring

idk if he'd commit suicide but he absolutely has zero hobbies except golf. And he has nobody to golf with. So he would just sit on his couch until he died. Instead he comes to work and looks mystified at equipment that's been here for 19 years and then goes home

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

phasmid posted:

Everyone has the right to live how they want to and if you can't understand that you are stupid and should die.

Sure, people act like it's a popular opinion but they just. don't. practice it.

Thanks for reminding me of my hill, which is that human rights don't exist.
And it's not ok to live your life excessively making GBS threads on people.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

My hill is that Silent Hill 3 is crap and the story sucks balls, and that SH4 is honestly better and more interesting.

SH3 has the second best enemy design after 2 and its Otherworld is visually arresting and visceral also the sound design is really good

SH4 takes about three playthroughs for it to click

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Dying on a ... Silent Hill

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

sweet thursday posted:

Dying on a ... Silent Hill

Your av makes me want to see a king of the silent hill

"Bwahhh! Zombies!"
"Dang ol' zombies man, come stumbling at you all oooOOOoo OOOO dang ol' gimme them brains man"
"In my opinion, zombies die quickest if you shoot them in the head"
"The government created these zombies! One of them is JFK! Or was that resident evil?"
"Dangit, zombie"

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010
NY style pizza is objectively superior to all others.

Chicago style pizza is meat pie/casserole.

Ketchup is an acceptable hot dog/hamburger condiment.

It is ok to put fruit in beer.

This is my hill, the gentle slope that will cause my heart to have a greasy death.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Most people that have strong opinions about rap music being bad are actually racist. Like not listening to it is a personal choice and is ok obviously but the “more like crap music” crowd usually just doesn’t like black people

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Starks posted:

Most people that have strong opinions about rap music being bad are actually racist. Like not listening to it is a personal choice and is ok obviously but the “more like crap music” crowd usually just doesn’t like black people

who is disputing this besides said dogwhistle racists?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Thufir's death scene shouldn't have been cut from David Lynch's Dune.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Sweet Baby Ray's is a perfectly acceptable barbecue sauce

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

ilmucche posted:

Your av makes me want to see a king of the silent hill

"Bwahhh! Zombies!"
"Dang ol' zombies man, come stumbling at you all oooOOOoo OOOO dang ol' gimme them brains man"
"In my opinion, zombies die quickest if you shoot them in the head"
"The government created these zombies! One of them is JFK! Or was that resident evil?"
"Dangit, zombie"

Nobody wants to see Bill's version of the Otherworld

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Weka posted:

Thanks for reminding me of my hill, which is that human rights don't exist.
And it's not ok to live your life excessively making GBS threads on people.

Rights don't exist but morality does?

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Organic food is a scam and the people who buy it are idiots.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

MustardFacial posted:

Organic food is a scam and the people who buy it are idiots.

This is a hill I will gladly perish on

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Greetings and farewells are wasted breath.

Materialism doesn't even make sense.

Islam and Christianity are idolism at best, malevolent heresy at worst.

Arguments for monotheism are almost always based on a non-sequitor.

Laozi is wiser than the Buddha and Confucius put together.

The observable universe is the inside of a black hole's singularity. Inside every black hole, there is a separate, unobservable universe with its own time arrow.

Dark matter is bogus.

Intellectual property, cultural ownership, and all manner of ways ideas are owned is nonsense and harmful.

Creatio ex nihilo is complete nonsense. An uncreated creator does not solve any classical causality issues, it just displaces them. The assumption that the universe has a beginning is completely unfounded in the first place.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Dont Touch ME posted:

Greetings and farewells are wasted breath.

Materialism doesn't even make sense.

Islam and Christianity are idolism at best, malevolent heresy at worst.

Arguments for monotheism are almost always based on a non-sequitor.

Laozi is wiser than the Buddha and Confucius put together.

The observable universe is the inside of a black hole's singularity. Inside every black hole, there is a separate, unobservable universe with its own time arrow.

Dark matter is bogus.

Intellectual property, cultural ownership, and all manner of ways ideas are owned is nonsense and harmful.

Creatio ex nihilo is complete nonsense. An uncreated creator does not solve any classical causality issues, it just displaces them. The assumption that the universe has a beginning is completely unfounded in the first place.

I made this thread for you

Not to say I endorse the message but I appreciate the spunk

sweet thursday fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Sep 1, 2019

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Who What Now posted:

Sweet Baby Ray's is a perfectly acceptable barbecue sauce

Just hanging out on this hill eating some decent BBQ.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Thank you notes and greeting cards are stupid as gently caress

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

epsilon posted:

who is disputing this besides said dogwhistle racists?

I get what you’re saying but I see people expressing that opinion all the time without getting called out. Most recently during the ASAP rocky situation.

Also:

-dipping sauce with pizza is gross and unnecessary. There’s already sauce and cheese and herbs on the drat pizza, it’s not a tortilla chip. How hosed up are your tastebuds that you need even more flavour?

-there’s nothing wrong with selfies, taking pictures of your food, or taking videos at a concert. You’ll appreciate those videos/pics when you’re older and we should be thankful we have such unprecedented ability to record our experience. There’s a reason people used to keep journals.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

DISHWASHERS ARE MORE EFFICIENT THAN HAND WASHING I WILL KILL YOU ALL

but enough about my presidential campaign.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

tangy yet delightful posted:

Just hanging out on this hill eating some decent BBQ.

Listen, I don't have time to artisinally process molasses and vinegar and poo poo to make my own sauce. Sometimes I just want something to dip my chicken nugs in!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

lol if you posted:

onions are dog poo poo garbage and they do not belong in anything described as "food"

Woooooooooooooow :aaaaa:

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Revenge of the Sith was an OK movie. Even the NOOOO was OK too, IMO. I've ended multiple friendships dying on this hill, FYI.

pork steaks
May 30, 2017

a lovely boy

Kuato posted:

Revenge of the Sith was an OK movie. Even the NOOOO was OK too, IMO. I've ended multiple friendships dying on this hill, FYI.

Best of the prequels imo. The worst prequel, and the worst Star Wars movie altogether, is Attack of the Clones.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Golgatha

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Hamburger

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

San Juan

u sp33k l33t br0
Sep 12, 2007

Who Doesn't Like Intercourse?
Soiled Meat
Poverty is not a choice.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Any of these would be a good hill to die on.

Beatboxing Bard
Sep 6, 2010
1) The oxford comma is an important piece of English grammar and needs to be supported for the sake of general clarity.

2) If you bring the idea of profit (or money in general) into the debate of healthcare, then you are a fundamentally flawed individual who does not deserve healthcare.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

ArbitraryC posted:

I feel like people always bust "is this the hill you're really willing to die on" when you're technically correct and they are well aware of it but instead of just admitting they were misrepresenting your point because it was somewhat similar to another argument and that you are in this case right they instead act like you are in the wrong for caring about the distinction in a last ditch attempt to score argument points.

And that is a hill I am willing to die on.

Weird flex but OK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Kuato posted:

Yea those “friendships” were on the rocks anyways. Admit it!