Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Burt Sexual posted:

I am willing to die on this hill.

welp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatsune Mike
Oct 9, 2013

Kirby super star is less fun than the other offerings

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
If your phone goes off during a funeral, you're the one who deserves to be dead;
If you put your phone on silent during a funeral cos you feel uneasy when it’s off, you're not really alive;
If you have any call that could be more important than the funeral, you really really shouldn't be there.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
You can overcome a lot with hard work, dedication and luck. In some countries it's easier than others, but its doable.

It really IS hip to be square

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Taco Bell is fine, your digestive system is just hosed up.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Taco bell is fine it just costs more than it's worth.

You want almost $3 for a tiny lovely crunchy taco? Get the gently caress out of here.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Because of garbage fast food like taco bell though

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016
Without having read the rest of this thread:

Saying gezundheit/god bless you/whatever after a sneeze is loving stupid. There is no reason for this idiotic practice and it should stop being a thing.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

LordoftheScheisse posted:

Saying gezundheit/god bless you/whatever after a sneeze is loving stupid. There is no reason for this idiotic practice and it should stop being a thing.

God bless you.

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016

It didn't follow a sneeze, so I accept it in earnest. Thank you.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

I used to hate IPAs, but recently tried one that wasn’t terrible. I guess taste buds change/die off as you get older and older, so you can’t taste the terrible skunky parts anymore. Maybe the younger people who liked them already killed off more taste buds somehow.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I like to grind a righteous IPA when I nosh out brah 😎

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

LordoftheScheisse posted:

Having a problem with it is a sure sign of a petulant know it all baby who is severely inconvenienced by feeling forced to engage in the slightest social nicety

Bless you

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Two spaces after a period.

Non Krampus Mentis
Oct 17, 2011

Scrungus Bungus from the planet Grongous
Also without having read the rest of the thread:

No one can own the moon. It belongs to everybody and nobody. Anyone who thinks they can buy or sell moon real estate is fatally poisoned by capitalism.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
People with hills to die on are inflexible and closed-minded and radiate strong Boomer energy.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Verdugo posted:

Two spaces after a period.

I will join you on this hill.

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020
The hill where the moon stood still, and that's where my dream came true. I found it to be quite thrilling.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

People with hills to die on are inflexible and closed-minded and radiate strong Boomer energy.

Thanks. Boomers rule they make nerds so mad.

Boomer: "Oh hey I'm 72 or older!"
Twitter nerd: "Argh I'll post a tweet!"

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

corn haver posted:

The hill where the moon stood still, and that's where my dream came true. I found it to be quite thrilling.

Are you sure? All of those vows I made were never to be.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i'll just die wherever, doesn't even have to be a hill

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

this thread title is too new gbs. split an infinitive or two. live a little

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i dont kniow what an infinitive is but i will fight you to the death over it

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Finland isn’t even real.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bargearse posted:

Finland isn’t even real.

Jumping the gun there, Carlson. You're supposed to still be doing the "Ukraine isn't even real." bit.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
I'm gay

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I think Rob Liefeld gets so much of a bad rap on some of the major aspects of his career (the Capt. America picture will be carved on his tombstone, if they can find a big enough tombstone) that a lot of people overlook some of the almost 'ahead of his time' ideas he was trying in comics.

Not to say he was the first or the best doing them, but he seemed to have something of an eye on the superhero costumes that tried to be a bit fashion and function oriented, I'm pretty sure he was trying to do the 'superhero as celebrity' about a decade before that trend started to hit the mainstream harder, even his overuse of belts/pockets/accessories things feels somewhat more what anime stuff would be doing in another ten years, too.

In the end, I think he would have made a better fill-in artist and full-time writer/asst. editor than full-time artist.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

JediTalentAgent posted:

I think Rob Liefeld gets so much of a bad rap on some of the major aspects of his career (the Capt. America picture will be carved on his tombstone, if they can find a big enough tombstone) that a lot of people overlook some of the almost 'ahead of his time' ideas he was trying in comics.

Not to say he was the first or the best doing them, but he seemed to have something of an eye on the superhero costumes that tried to be a bit fashion and function oriented, I'm pretty sure he was trying to do the 'superhero as celebrity' about a decade before that trend started to hit the mainstream harder, even his overuse of belts/pockets/accessories things feels somewhat more what anime stuff would be doing in another ten years, too.

In the end, I think he would have made a better fill-in artist and full-time writer/asst. editor than full-time artist.

Rob Leifeld’s Big Unnaturals is a series I would pay money for. Lean into those Cap titties, I say.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

JediTalentAgent posted:

All the ideas were really bad, OP.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

JediTalentAgent posted:

he basically looked at the satirical fashion shown in judge dredd and thought, what if this sucked rear end

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Put this in your pipe and ponder.

The kind of people who have those issues with Taco Bell have such generally poor diets that even a small amount of fiber from some beans and lettuce shreds is enough to make them almost literally poo poo their pants.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Justin Credible posted:

Put this in your pipe and ponder.

The kind of people who have those issues with Taco Bell have such generally poor diets that even a small amount of fiber from some beans and lettuce shreds is enough to make them almost literally poo poo their pants.

Jordan Peterson went to Taco Bell once and literally died.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Tree Bucket posted:

If your phone goes off during a funeral, you're the one who deserves to be dead;
If you put your phone on silent during a funeral cos you feel uneasy when it’s off, you're not really alive;
If you have any call that could be more important than the funeral, you really really shouldn't be there.

(From inside the coffin) "For gently caress sake pick up, Im trapped here. What, why is it getting hot?"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Turning the volume all the way down on a phone takes two seconds, and so does turning it back up.
Turning it back on (which you have to do, eventually, if you turn it off) literally takes 40 000 days and robs you of youth and health.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Jumping the gun there, Carlson. You're supposed to still be doing the "Ukraine isn't even real." bit.

By extension, you aren’t even real.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

this thread title is too new gbs. split an infinitive or two. live a little
Burt changed it

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

sweet thursday posted:

Burt changed it

the hill im am going to die on is made of mod corpses and burt's is going right on the bottom of the heap

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

sweet thursday posted:

Burt changed it

Wasn't it originally something like "Dumb hills you're willing to die on?"

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

the hill im am going to die on is made of mod corpses and burt's is going right on the bottom of the heap

:ohdear:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Burt died on the hill of defending Lowtax. That's not a choice I would've made but he stood by his beliefs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

lol he died doing what he loved: choosing poorly