Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

JediTalentAgent posted:

I think Rob Liefeld gets so much of a bad rap on some of the major aspects of his career (the Capt. America picture will be carved on his tombstone, if they can find a big enough tombstone) that a lot of people overlook some of the almost 'ahead of his time' ideas he was trying in comics.

Not to say he was the first or the best doing them, but he seemed to have something of an eye on the superhero costumes that tried to be a bit fashion and function oriented, I'm pretty sure he was trying to do the 'superhero as celebrity' about a decade before that trend started to hit the mainstream harder, even his overuse of belts/pockets/accessories things feels somewhat more what anime stuff would be doing in another ten years, too.

In the end, I think he would have made a better fill-in artist and full-time writer/asst. editor than full-time artist.

I mean, if you wanna do comics hills that'll get you smacked around in BSS:

• Jeph Loeb is overrated trash who is carried by the insanely talented artists who pair with him. I'll grant you "For All Seasons" is scaled back enough to work and "Long Halloween" was a very skillful blend of the Animated Series and Comics at the time, but everything since then is garbage.
  • Tom King too, although I think Tom King tries really hard while Loeb didn't, which is kind-of sadder. I don't hate everything Tom King has written, but once you get out of his extremely narrow wheelhouse of middle-of-the-pack self-loathing sad boys (Vision, Mr. Miracle, Kyle Rayner, loving Kite Man) there's really no meat to the guy. "Heroes in Crisis" was deeply embarrassing.
  • Geoff Johns isn't a bigot but he's unambiguously racist as gently caress in that subtle "I love all my non-white friends as long as they never ever step out of the place I have magnanimously designated for them" way. Johns is also one of the key players responsible for DC Comics as a whole being an embarrassing self-parody of itself for-- checks calendar-- two solid loving decades now.
  • Marvel Now! had way too fast a pace to try and radically shift gimmicks and character paradigms year to year like a TV show, but the basic instinct was solid and watching CHUDs, incels, and diet Nazis all cry like stuck pigs about women working there legitimately merits rear end-kicking.
  • Hickman's X-Men was easily the most exciting thing the franchise has ever done and it's amazing how within a single year all the subpar writers managing it turned it into sludge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
You should be over superhero comics when you grow old enough to sign contracts and buy liquor on airplanes and other adult things.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

lol he died doing what he loved: choosing poorly

Pretty sure he died of cancer

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

I mean, if you wanna do comics hills that'll get you smacked around in BSS:

• Jeph Loeb is overrated trash who is carried by the insanely talented artists who pair with him. I'll grant you "For All Seasons" is scaled back enough to work and "Long Halloween" was a very skillful blend of the Animated Series and Comics at the time, but everything since then is garbage.
  • Tom King too, although I think Tom King tries really hard while Loeb didn't, which is kind-of sadder. I don't hate everything Tom King has written, but once you get out of his extremely narrow wheelhouse of middle-of-the-pack self-loathing sad boys (Vision, Mr. Miracle, Kyle Rayner, loving Kite Man) there's really no meat to the guy. "Heroes in Crisis" was deeply embarrassing.
  • Geoff Johns isn't a bigot but he's unambiguously racist as gently caress in that subtle "I love all my non-white friends as long as they never ever step out of the place I have magnanimously designated for them" way. Johns is also one of the key players responsible for DC Comics as a whole being an embarrassing self-parody of itself for-- checks calendar-- two solid loving decades now.
  • Marvel Now! had way too fast a pace to try and radically shift gimmicks and character paradigms year to year like a TV show, but the basic instinct was solid and watching CHUDs, incels, and diet Nazis all cry like stuck pigs about women working there legitimately merits rear end-kicking.
  • Hickman's X-Men was easily the most exciting thing the franchise has ever done and it's amazing how within a single year all the subpar writers managing it turned it into sludge.

lol i didnt recognize a single name

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Mooey Cow posted:

Pretty sure he died of cancer

he died doing what he loved: having cancer

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I don't care who you are, what you do, what your background is, etc. -- you are significantly worse at walking down the sidewalk while reading/writing/online-shopping on your phone than you think.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

YeahTubaMike posted:

I don't care who you are, what you do, what your background is, etc. -- you are significantly worse at walking down the sidewalk while reading/writing/online-shopping on your phone than you think.

This, but open-heart surgery.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I'll die on anal orgasm hill. Bury me there.

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016

Snowy posted:

Having a problem with it is a sure sign of a petulant know it all baby who is severely inconvenienced by feeling forced to engage in the slightest social nicety

Bless you

Bless you.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

gleebster posted:

You should be over superhero comics when you grow old enough to sign contracts and buy liquor on airplanes and other adult things.
It's rarely what you like or do, it's all about how you go about doing them. Even the shittiest bronies and anime weebs have the potential to be classy and adult, at least in a theoretical math sense. If you hit your 20s and still don't get that, you're just a garden variety snob.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

mind the walrus posted:

It's rarely what you like or do, it's all about how you go about doing them. Even the shittiest bronies and anime weebs have the potential to be classy and adult, at least in a theoretical math sense. If you hit your 20s and still don't get that, you're just a garden variety snob.

Yeah, accepted as a friendly amendment.

I guess I'm not dying on this hill.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
small titties > big titties

fight me

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
Sweet corn is a trash food for trash people, it ruins any dish with it, and anyone that puts corn on Pizza should rot in hell

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Thank you

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Anybody who cares about the sanctity of pizza and it's toppings is too stupid to live and will likely die by swallowing their own tongue

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

sand is just tiny rocks god damnit!!!

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

sweet thursday posted:

Everyone has those arguments they won't let go, for any reason, at any time, even if their spouse, friends, and local law enforcement are screaming at them.
These are the things we are willing to take a 6er for, and divorce, and a bullet.

For me, I can't stand when people read books in public. Nobody has enough time in their day and it seems more like a crafted stunt that reeks of I'm better than you. They know exactly what they are doing and how it makes me feel, and quite frankly it pisses me off

It's okay, I don't think I'm better than you.

The books I read are absolute pulp trash. There's always at least one wizard, and usually some elves.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lascivious Sloth posted:

Sweet corn is a trash food for trash people, it ruins any dish with it, and anyone that puts corn on Pizza should rot in hell

Oh.yeah.

Anyway, crust>>>>>>filling. Pie with not enough crust and too much filling is the source of the saying "less is more".

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

lol cant make me pick between small medium or big tiddies. you cant do it!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Apple pie should have have apples diced into bite sized chunks, not gigantic wedges, especially if you're not a good enough baker to ensure they're cooked all the way through

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Who What Now posted:

Apple pie should have have apples diced into bite sized chunks, not gigantic wedges, especially if you're not a good enough baker to ensure they're cooked all the way through

You have my fork.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
Apple pies are for unsophisticated plebians who don't know the superiority of apple turnover

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

lol cant make me pick between small medium or big tiddies. you cant do it!

Total recall chick but each boob is a diff size

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

Nuts and Gum posted:

It's the goldylocks of titties

except choosing them all

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Nuts and Gum posted:

“I think you’re doing fine with just two differently sized hands.”

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I love big tiddies!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

You're calling and emailing me with surveys? Have you no shame?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

sweet thursday posted:

You're calling and emailing me with surveys? Have you no shame?

We use the data you share with us to increase consumer interaction by 4.26%

You're welcome.