Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Initial testing by Swtorista suggests that you're better off just using single Emperor's chips on a regular machine (the max bet ones only work on special ones, apparently).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Medullah posted:

Oh hey finally a loving credit sink
What, pushing all your companions to 50 influence wasn't enough for you?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Arquinsiel posted:

What, pushing all your companions to 50 influence wasn't enough for you?

You only need 9 companions at 50, any more than that is pointless.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Where's your sense of completionism?

Also that's 9 companions per character :pseudo:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Arquinsiel posted:

Where's your sense of completionism?

Also that's 9 companions per character :pseudo:

I understand and stand by it. :). I'd say I'm at at least 6 level 50 companions on ~40 of my characters.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Medullah posted:

You only need 9 companions at 50, any more than that is pointless.

I'm curious who made the cut. Including M1-4X, that leaves 8.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Warmachine posted:

I'm curious who made the cut. Including M1-4X, that leaves 8.

Generally every class companion gets to 50, then Shae, Z0-0M and Lokin (if I've done KOTFE). But since most of my alts haven't done the story it's usually Hexid, Ranos and Niko getting bumped as well.

Often I'd have a Beast or Droid cartel companion because they were cheap to get to 50 with jawa scrap back in the day

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I've only taken Lana, Theron, and Koth to 50 because those are the only companions the story remembers exist.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Cythereal posted:

I've only taken Lana, Theron, and Koth to 50 because those are the only companions the story remembers exist.

And, true to form, when they show up nowadays they’re bonus NPC’s while you have to babysit a new single-use companion that you don’t care about!

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Cythereal posted:

Unfortunately my Juggernaut's Koth is dead because she didn't have time for another traitor in the ranks. (Quinn is also dead. Finally.)

Preechr posted:

And, true to form, when they show up nowadays they’re bonus NPC’s while you have to babysit a new single-use companion that you don’t care about!

This is one of the things that made me pissy back in January when I tried to come back.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Darth Rivix is cool and does not require babysitting.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Played through the new story content.

Fifteen minutes of 'Stuff might be happening in the future! Stay tuned!'

And also the story completely forgot that my Jedi Consular knows perfectly well who and what the Children of the Emperor are.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Cythereal posted:

Played through the new story content.

Fifteen minutes of 'Stuff might be happening in the future! Stay tuned!'

And also the story completely forgot that my Jedi Consular knows perfectly well who and what the Children of the Emperor are.

There's been a lot of that alright.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I actually finished act 3 of the story the other day. I looked at some crazy chart that showed the story progression, but I just clicked the quest giver for the Hutt dlc and I guess I'm doing that now. Did I miss out on anything good?
I didn't do more than one flashpoint since they were so excruciatingly slow and boring, but apparently there's this whole thing marked as Interlude on the aforementioned chart.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Yeah there's a few flashpoints that lead up to Ilum that I skipped the first time through as well. They actually have a reasonable amount of story in the dialogue once you go and get them from the quest givers. You can do that anytime though so don't worry about it.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

I wonder what the odds are. I'd probably drop a few 150 million bets if there was a good shot at the glasses

Just a reminder I got mine on my second freaking spin. :smug:

I mean I could have won the lottery and been living in Bali, but the shades are nice too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Well I done did it, I made an entirely new OP. Please join me in the exodus to the Promised Land, by which I mean the next virtual barren wasteland in which to either complain endlessly about SWTOR or not post at all! Onwards!!