Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
How do you embed all that poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Give me the deets. What happened?

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

No really what happened?

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Colin Mockery posted:

The dev made a fake discord account to get into the GPWC private discord and alleges that the people in the discord has links (maybe early?) to like... mangareader.com-type scanlations and poo poo. And you cant join the private share channel unless you’re not inactive in the alliance.

Because “I’ll let you see my scanlations if you play this game with me” is considered RMT, it’s a bannable offense, especially because lots of people in the private discord just log in every once in a while to not go inactive (so they can generate taxes for the alliance).

As a result, all the gov of NPO is banned, 95b got deleted from their bank, and GPWC is being forcibly disbanded.

A strict reading of the rules indicates “I’ll give you a steam key if you baseball good” or “I’ll buy Jackbox for us to play together if you fight good” would also be considered serious RMT offenses of the same nature.

Also, I think someone explicitly asked Alex “what if we do it in the exact specific way that GPWC does it” and he said “I wouldnt like that but it’d be a game mechanics flaw and now a moderation issue.”

Thank you! I was so close to creating an account too.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Vic here on behalf of all the goons vicariously enjoying this thread: "What happened?"

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

:suspense:

edit: this happens so rarely it's also a non-issue

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Should I create a pnw account? Please discord me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

MotherFUCKER