Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

God drat alliances in this game are thirsty as hell :shepface: I'm still sorting out my nation but naturally I'd never deign to enter a public alliance :lofty:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Jimlit posted:

Now I'm totally confused

Once you're in the guild, find or ask for a squad and then only produce that resource. For instance I'm in the oil squad so I produce oil and nothing else. My oil gets dumped into the bank and each day the bank hands out fat stacks of ham from the food squad.

Once you're in a squad ask your leader for the latest war build and they'll give you a chunk of text you can slap into the game to build all your cities to specifications. That gives you more time to focus on your military and gearing up to raid nazis

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Typhoid Mary Brown

:vince:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

jumba posted:

Baseball has been in this game for years. GOONS discover baseball last week, and suddenly there are cries on the forum to get baseball banned. What will we ruin next?

Alright I care about baseball now

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Ineptitude posted:

Finally up and running in terms of being in a squad and having template cities, but this whole thing about having to wait for 5 days (to cap military) before i can do anything else really blows, NGL.

I guess its not so much a goon tactic thing but a problem with the game itself

My navy got flattened yesterday so while everything else is maxed out, I've only got eight ships to my name :negative: I get why that's how it is but it still stings

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

HelloSailorSign posted:

lol clicking policies makes me an anarchist extreme left

and wtf are these banner ads here

this is a strange place

I legit hope we get into a full rear end war with Weebunism just because of their banners and also open pedophilia

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I've only lost one war so far and it's because three Typhons coordinated with two Typhons I was already attacking to continuously bomb my planes and boats. Even then I still only lost to one, I beat the other four :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

:gritin:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm extremely grateful to the goons who do want to play day trader because I'd straight up rather die

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm getting gay married in half a year so I can make up the slack for any straight folks that join

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Within minutes of me actually looking to see what baseball is about, I had multiple discord pings telling me to stop having a lovely team and then I got embargoed by someone. I've been nuked multiple times and not had it be as big a deal as playing baseball suboptimally

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
the best feeling in the world is seeing someone attacked a goon, attacking the attacker, and getting pinged on discord by two other people who also attacked the attacker :allears: I straight up saw someone lose 400+ airplanes and get blockaded within ten minutes of attacking a goon. It's incredible watching an entire game fall to it's knees because a dedicated group of people understands lovely game mechanics and really loving hates nazis.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Ah yes that famous alloy composed of several different elements.

Aluminium.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/dril/status/1045247712139010049?s=19

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The first time I got declared war on, three people had already started bombing him before I even knew I was at war. It's a beautiful war machine we're part of:allears:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Capfalcon posted:

Also, I haven't seen this gem posted about our Ancap friend:

Holy gently caress :hmbol:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I've been on vacation the last week and a half so I've been slack in my fash bashing, but I've been keeping up with the thread and it brings a tear of pride to my eye :allears: the sheer low effort/high drama ratio is just the purest vein of gold

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

MaliciousOnion posted:

Alright folks, pack it up. Our moneymaking racket has been uncovered.

Holy gently caress :hmbol::vince::hmbol:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

corgski posted:

This is what a notmad pubbie looks like.

lmao I got this too and immediately came over to see how many other people got it

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The mobile app uses a gently caress ton of data because it's a total piece of poo poo so if you're on metered data, be aware of that

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

tater_salad posted:

I just use webpage through krome

That's the way to go, I'm just bitter about how arse the app is. It also just signs you out randomly even when you click "remember me"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Is Troon supposed to be a slur? :confused: I've only ever seen it used by trans goons and I'm pretty sure the previous trans thread was literally called "Troons chat"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Tristesse posted:

Not originally I think, but kind of like other words who is saying it can change the context. Any of these pubbies using it I'd see it as a honky saying the n word.

Good point, these guys definitely arent using it the same way it's used over here

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Finicums Wake posted:

whjere should i locate the nation on the map? please help

Anywhere is probably fine, but expect to move it once you're on discord since last I checked they assign you a resource to fuel our glorious machine

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
One time I was just playing the game, went to bed, and when I woke up all my gigahertz had been STOLEN from my PC. Goons did this :argh:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Ditocoaf posted:

If you need an IP just steal one from a pubbie.

Make sure they aren't on the hack list before you use it though, otherwise a goon might drain your ram thinking you're a pubbie

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I noticed it loading super slowly earlier, going to lose my drat mind if someone melted down and DDOSed the game because of goons :allears:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Hello FBI? I'd like to report a group of people forcing someone to eat weird food.

Yes, I said weird food. No, no not at gun point, but if they dont eat the food, the criminals will make their numbers worse in an online browser game.

Hello? Hello?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Trying to imagine a world where I can genuinely type "Priority targets are listed below: 1. Strickland Propane Inc" and not reflexively turn off my computer

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The PnW app also redownloads every asset on every page rather than just caching the same seven images over and over, so using the app is a good way to gently caress up your monthly data. It's as poorly designed as the game itself

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

I'm working on getting alliances to wear this:

You are like a little baby. Watch this.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The game really honestly sucks rear end, but that makes all the nazi tears that much more delicious. I genuinely thought it was a joke when people said it was five years old because it feels like an unpolished beta made over the course of a few months.

Plus the wars are so unbalanced, if the pubbies ever realize you can focus 100% of your military on building tanks and win every war every time, we'll be in big trouble :ohdear:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Here's a little lesson in trickery

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

BurntCornMuffin posted:

It would take just over 80 nukes per continent to do the job. Apparently it has happened in the past to the point that hoarding/scalping food became a CB.

Sounds like a goon project to me

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Ditocoaf posted:

[YOU MUST HAVE A PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP TO VIEW THIS CONTENT]

Yeah but as long as [YOU MUST HAVE A PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP TO VIEW THIS CONTENT]

E: come to think of it even if that happens [platinum]we can just offer Alex more cash to "anonymously" assassinate their spies like last time[/patinum]

Danaru fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Dec 21, 2019

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

super sweet best pal posted:

Reminder: the yearly awards are up, be sure to vote for goons where you can, let's see how mad they get.
https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/forum/126-yearly-awards/

As someone who doesn't frequent the forums, can you tell me what I'm looking at in the "community" category because everything I see is like that feeling you get when you enter a room so hot your nose hairs singe when you inhale

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

The Shortest Path posted:

Just ignore the community category, it's real bad.

it's so bad I started sobering up while going through it, god drat is this what you guys put up with?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
On the next show I will show proof of how goons dox and hax your computers, which I totally have now but cant show you

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
It's not even so much the frothing rage that gets me, but it's the frothing rage for the world's most stagnant and poorly designed browser game. I'm still reeling from learning this game is over five years old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

The Shortest Path posted:

PnW is vastly inferior to Cybernations in terms of actual game design.

That's an incredibly bleak statement :saddowns: