Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Possession: 77% to 23% to LA
Shot attempts: 24 to 5 to LA
Final score: 2-0 to Minnesota

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Adrian Heath really has that "charming curmudgeon" thing nailed down

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Ciprian Maricon posted:

I look forward to LAFC not winning a trophy this year as is only right and just

Unless they go on a 7 game losing streak to end the season they'll end up with the shield at least, and hell even if they lose out they could still end up with it.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Right now LAFC is at 62 points. If the teams that are still in the Shield "hunt", here is the max points they can get:

71: NYCFC
64: PHI, ATL and SEA
63: MIN
62: SJE, and only if they score 26 more goals than LAFC does in their remaining games

Yeah, the Shield is theirs, despite NYCFC's best efforts.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

binge crotching posted:

Unless they go on a 7 game losing streak to end the season they'll end up with the shield at least, and hell even if they lose out they could still end up with it.

thats not a real trophy

you can tell because New jersey has won it

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Im gonna lmao if Galaxy miss the playoffs again. But with how close the west playoff spots are right now, anything is possible. Im still holding onto SKC squeaking in.

Edit, poo poo, forgot Galaxy and SKC play next week. And SKC will be missing a good chunk of players including Russell and Gutierrez.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
The friendly was stupid and kinda fun for free football that nobody cared about and all of you are cowards for fearing the rain.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

That game was fun, wished Rooney hadn't hit the post at the last minute that would have been amazing. I was sad DCU didn't go for it a little more.

Also, I gave away my tickets to other friendlies so I don't know if it was the same for Betis and Marseilles but looking at a mostly empty Audi field made me think about how MLS and DCU are bad at reaching Latinos. Attendance to a poo poo midweek friendly aside though, didn't Liga MX get more viewers than NBA and NHL a recent year? Why can't we turn any amount of that into interest in MLS or DCU

Wish this league could figure out how to market to my community, guarantee you'd get more eyeballs on Unvision locally than Flo but... I guess that's not really the objective of the team.

I know the DU and Barra still have lots of Latin roots but man come sit in my section for a game or two, it is Lilly-white.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Crazy Ted posted:

Possession: 77% to 23% to LA
Shot attempts: 24 to 5 to LA
Final score: 2-0 to Minnesota

:stare:

Reminds me of the Portland vs NYCFC game last year:
Posession 75% to 25% Ny
Passes 766 to 254 Ny
Final score 3-0 Portland.

Just a bunch of passes around the middle of the field by the fullbacks with Portland sitting deep.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
go Cincinnati
go Orlando LAFC

yes, I’m that desperate

paddyboat fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Sep 8, 2019

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

LOLAFC

https://twitter.com/MLS/status/1170485534403088384

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
this is going well

:holds hand to ear: im being told Orlando is winning (!)

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

This SKC/POR match is top notch MLS being MLS.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Por-Skc is predictably awful.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Lol @ SKC

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
I gotta say, I wasn't expecting that

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
Rapids looked pretty good versus Seattle and did a good job controlling much of the game. I’d like to see that game again with both sides at full strength tho.

Mostly this though (yes yes it won’t last):

https://twitter.com/mattdoyle76/status/1170527142440067072?s=21

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

TheBoyBlunder posted:

Rapids looked pretty good versus Seattle and did a good job controlling much of the game. I’d like to see that game again with both sides at full strength tho.

Mostly this though (yes yes it won’t last):

I'll enjoy it while it does last, though.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
That was quick.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

One of these days Brian Dunseth is going to blame Jews and the Illuminati for a player not getting carded for a foul against an RSL player.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Rapids just beat the Galaxy with some major, incompetent help from the refs.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

TwoStepBoog posted:

I can't remember when I said it but I did say the galaxy are going to miss the playoffs. Early August they were 2nd in the west with like almost the worst goal differential in the conference. A one dimensional offense because they have a toddler as a striker.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?

TwoStepBoog posted:

That game was all kinds of wacky. A red card that was rescinded, a penalty, a non penalty, Zlatan and some of the Rapids exchanging harsh words...teams trading punches all night...good stuff.

Theres effectively no way to watch a televised replay of the game in Denver without a VPN and ESPN+. Its just so unbelievably stupid...I’d love to watch the replay because I know I missed stuff.

Meanwhile this remains a thing. :allears:

TheBoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Sep 12, 2019

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

maybe we should have sent the rapids vanney instead

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Thanks to Minnesota's loss LAFC clinched #1 in the West, could get the Supporter's Shield with a win (@PHI), NYCFC loss (SJE) and Atlanta loss (CLB).

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Sep 12, 2019

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Wednesday broke the Timbers way mostly. They have a clear shot at 2nd in the west but my guess is that they drop points with this 5 games in 15 days nonsense. Finish 3rd or 4th.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Oscar Wild posted:

Wednesday broke the Timbers way mostly. They have a clear shot at 2nd in the west but my guess is that they drop points with this 5 games in 15 days nonsense. Finish 3rd or 4th.

Depends how the timbers army plays :rolleyes:

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

porkface posted:

Depends how the timbers army plays :rolleyes:

I guess that depends on if there are any timbers army left after the bans...

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Oscar Wild posted:

With the game in hand it would take losing 4 out of 6 to miss out on the playoffs for Portland, and losing at least 2 games to miss out on the number 2 seed. The teams above them are going to be dropping a lot of points.

San Jose has 5 tough games, @NY2, @Atlanta, Philly, Seattle, and finishing up with @Portland. It would take a miracle to get all 15 points, and they'll probably get somewhere between 4 and 9.
Minnesota also has 5 tough games, RSL, @Portland, KC, LAFC, and finishing with @Seattle. Again it would take a miracle to get all 15, and they'll probably get 4-9.
RSL has an easier last 5, @Minnesota, @NE, LA, Houston, and then finishing with @Vancouver. I think they'll get at least 9 points out of it, maybe 11-12.
Seattle has a fairly rough last 5, NY, Dallas, @DC, @SJ, and finishing with Minnesota. Probably in the 5-9 point range.

Portland has DC, NY, Minnesota, NE, @KC, SJ. Good teams for the most part, but all those home games will probably let them take 12-15 points.

Portland will be playing 2 of the three teams above them, and they will all be playing each other, cannibalizing points from each other. I think 12 points would be enough for 3rd, and 15 points would clinch 2nd.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Has any team won the cup after entering the playoffs NOT on a huge hot streak?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Well I'm bored and recently unemployed, so...

Each champs' last 10 / 5 regular season games (W-L-D):

2018 - Atlanta - 7-3-0 / 3-2-0 (remember when they lost to a non-playoff team on Decision Day to lose the Shield? :laugh:)
2017 - Toronto - 7-2-1 / 2-2-1
2016 - Seattle - 5-2-3 / 3-1-1
2015 - Portland - 5-3-2 / 4-1-0
2014 - LA Galaxy - 5-4-1 / 2-2-1
2013 - SKC - 6-3-1 / 3-1-1
2012 - LA Galaxy - 6-1-3 / 2-1-2
2011 - LA Galaxy - 7-2-1 / 3-2-0
2010 - Colorado - 5-2-3 / 2-1-2

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Whoops, looks like I cursed the Earthquakes by turning on their game.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

El Jebus posted:

I guess that depends on if there are any timbers army left after the bans...

Sign the fascists to 1-game contracts, make a secret gentlemen's agreement to let the other team foul the gently caress out of them. :getin:

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
here for the Chicago Fire New Manager Owner Bounce

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

lol Dallas

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
lovely stuff here from dallas

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Dallas choking in September? Well I never

Sadly this means Galaxy jumping up above the line most likely.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

whypick1 posted:

lol Dallas

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I was absolutely prepared to kiss the playoffs goodbye today. This is nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcZzlPGnKdU

(Yes, I looked this up ahead of time since I knew I'd need to use it)