Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

All monitors passed, no codes, gently caress yea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Kapton tape is really cheap, especially the imitation stuff from China. You could probably slip a little sliver of that in between the wires to help avoid tin whiskers and vibration... but you're probably fine.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Plus they use it on satellites and space stuff, why wouldn't you want it on your car?

p.s. the glue on 3M kapton tape is much better than tapecase brand, the savings isn't worth it (imo)

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

The top is sealed and I resealed it after I soldered it, those wires will be bare for all eternity. Sometimes, when its real quiet, think of them not touching, forever

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

taqueso posted:

Plus they use it on satellites and space stuff, why wouldn't you want it on your car?

p.s. the glue on 3M kapton tape is much better than tapecase brand, the savings isn't worth it (imo)

anything tape- or glue- related I buy 3M nowadays; it's just not worth loving about.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

This year will be the 21st year of the Scirocco centric GTG known as Cincy. Hosted by VWDaun its more of a "family reunion" than a car show where all of us that mostly know each other online get to meet and nerd out about Sciroccos in person. I actually didnt know it was still being held until I just looked it up since I knew that Daun had moved a bunch of years back and Im excited that it is still happening and definitely plan to make the pilgrimage again.

In 2008 me and my friend Jimmy went. A few days before we left a friend of mine got hammered and painted the Death Proof skull on my hood. It had been a German flag previously but was peeling off and I couldnt go to Cincy like that.

From Florida we went up the coast and took a left in Asheville, NC down to Ohio. Late at night with Jimmy passed out in the passenger seat I happened onto one of the coolest highways to drive just after Asheville down the moutain into the flatlands. I think it was route 40. It had just been paved and had 2 lanes where the left lane was restricted to cars only. There was no one around anyway at that time of night so I was able to go as fast as I wanted on the smooth curvy road, perfect for my car with all brand new suspension with Bilsteins and H&R springs, new tires, it was a blast. We drove straight through and IIRC it was about 17 hours. We left during the day in Florida and got to Ohio during the day and the only sleep either of us got was in the passenger seat.

One of the first places we stopped was a drive through package store to stock up on beer. At that time Jimmy and I were fueled by Natty Light. One of the things people would bring to Cincy was local food and beer from where they had come from. Since we were coming from Jacksonville we filled a cooler with Landshark and kept it full of ice for the whole trip so it never got warm and one of the first things we saw at the package store was a huge display of Landshark, we had no idea it was made by Budweiser and was available anywhere in the country, oops. Probably should have tried harder on that one.

We stayed at a camp ground nearby that we shared with another couple of guys instead of staying at the hotel. When the other guys went to put up their tent they found that all they had was the rain fly and the rest of the tent was still at home. After laughing about that we told them that they could stay in ours since it was a huge like 6 person tent. When we went to set up ours I poo poo you not all we had was just the rain fly and some poles and no tent. So we both just decided to set up the rain flys as best we could and use them as tents.

That night the hugest thunderstorms ever to hit Ohio happened, no poo poo it was on the news the next day it was so bad. We got loving soaked and had to sleep in the wetness all night. Luckily we were super hammered so we didnt notice that much. To add to that a tree nearby hatched about 8 million Cicadas that covered our entire campsite, us and the cars. Once every 17 years they hatch and they picked that loving day to hatch all over us, it was unreal. Jimmy and I got lucky cause we ended up hanging out with Daun a lot so he let us sleep on throw rugs in the airport hanger office. All of our poo poo was soaked so really, just a carpet on a concrete floor. it was still better than the camp. Not sure what the other guys did.

We did get to see a lot of Sciroccos though, it was the biggest gathering so far. Every year they would spell something out in the field with the cars and fly over to take a picture. This was the first year there were enough cars to spell out Scirocco

One person took a picture of every car as we left the Scirocco sign

Lining up along the driveway. The other side for non-Sciroccos is known as Kia parking, I was glad to know this was still the case last year at Cincy 20

Someone elses pic of Charlie

All the white ones

On the last day before everyone leaves they do a big cruise to a place to get lunch, just a huge line of Sciroccos

Im really stoked to find out that it is still happening and I plan to go again. Not sure if I could make it this year but I definitely have to once I do the TDI swap. It was such a good time hanging out with people you only get to see once a year or less. TDIFest is the same way, a little about cars but mostly its about the people and friends you make along the way.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

meltie posted:

anything tape- or glue- related I buy 3M nowadays; it's just not worth loving about.

you gotta watch out for gaffers tape, though; the 3M stuff sucks rear end

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

Raluek posted:

you gotta watch out for gaffers tape, though; the 3M stuff sucks rear end

As a former theatre tech I reckon it's alright I guess; apart from being expensive, what's wrong with it?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

meltie fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 12, 2020

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

meltie posted:

As a former theatre tech I reckon it's alright I guess; apart from being expensive, what's wrong with it?

it gets goopy real easy. leaves tons of residue. and if you find some old bits that have been around for a bit, theyre all dried out and crusty. the backing comes right off, leaving a solid crust of adhesive. it is un-good.

shurtape and pro-gaff are miles better

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

This is just great. Love a good camping adventure.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

Raluek posted:

it gets goopy real easy. leaves tons of residue. and if you find some old bits that have been around for a bit, theyre all dried out and crusty. the backing comes right off, leaving a solid crust of adhesive. it is un-good.

Fair enough! :)

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Darchangel posted:

It *really* wants to upshift ASAP and hates to downshift.

Same with mine. Annoying, ain't it? I have to really beat it to keep it from upshifting.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

STR posted:

Same with mine. Annoying, ain't it? I have to really beat it to keep it from upshifting.

Have you tried messing with the TPS? Apparently mines been out of adjustment for like ever and I didnt know until I failed emissions because there were codes but my light never came on. All I did was while it was idling I moved it slowly until the idle settled and now it idles freakin awesome and shifts at like 3-3.5k even when im not whaling on it plus the code went away and it will pass emissions. Im actually glad it failed cause now it runs sofa king great. For you personally Id wait until you get the filters and fluid squared up then see what happens

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I haven't, but I was wondering if it was out of whack for that very reason. It shifts really low when I'm just cruising (like 1200 rpm upshifts), and really hates to downshift, but there's no codes at all. The hesitation to downshift has me considering somehow removing those stupid gates on the console shifter just so I can easily downshift it myself when I'm trying to pass someone, instead of waiting a couple of seconds for it to decide "oh, this rear end in a top hat really does want me to downshift. *yawn* I guesssssss I'll drop down a gear" when I stomp it.

It idles a bit on the low side when warm (~600ish), I wonder if that's why? I did notice one odd quirk with the cold idle pretty quickly - when it's on the cold high idle, a quick tap of the throttle brings it down to ~750 immediately. Cold idle seems pretty low too at a pretty modest ~1250. It's been ages since I owned a car without DBW, but that's almost like kicking off the high idle on a carb'd car (except on a carb you have to give it a quick stab, this is a gentle blip). I'm used to non-DBW stuff idling around 2k when cold.

I kick it down more because I'm usually in a hurry to get to work (because I like to wait until I have to be there in 10 minutes...... :downsgun:), and just let it idle for ~30 seconds to get everything moving. I don't want to put extra stress on the transmission by shifting into gear with it at high idle, even though that's really not a very high "high" idle.

It still feels like a completely different transmission. I'm still getting an occasional slip when going from reverse to drive until I give it gas, but the shifts are good and firm now. Still a hard shift into reverse when cold, but I'm starting to think that's just mounts and maybe worn joints on the rear driveshaft. :homebrew:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jan 14, 2020

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Raluek posted:

I've got a roll of matte grey 3M gaffer tape that does none of those things. Bought it cheap from a guy at a swap meet selling all kinds of 3M stuff, mainly body shop supplies. $5!
I like it because it does all the gaffer tape things, plus is easy to write on with a sharpie, so makes good labels, too. Had extension cords taped down for Christmas lights outside all December, and it came back up with no issues or goop.

STR posted:

And when you do that, it shift nice and crisply, oddly enough.
Mine was way worse when I bought it, but it learned.

shy boy from chess club posted:

Have you tried messing with the TPS? Apparently mines been out of adjustment for like ever and I didnt know until I failed emissions because there were codes but my light never came on. All I did was while it was idling I moved it slowly until the idle settled and now it idles freakin awesome and shifts at like 3-3.5k even when im not whaling on it plus the code went away and it will pass emissions. Im actually glad it failed cause now it runs sofa king great. For you personally Id wait until you get the filters and fluid squared up then see what happens

Worth trying.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Just getting the Ranger apart, these arent too bad to work on so far, even kept the floor clean!

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

STR posted:

I haven't, but I was wondering if it was out of whack for that very reason. It shifts really low when I'm just cruising (like 1200 rpm upshifts), and really hates to downshift, but there's no codes at all. The hesitation to downshift has me considering somehow removing those stupid gates on the console shifter just so I can easily downshift it myself when I'm trying to pass someone, instead of waiting a couple of seconds for it to decide "oh, this rear end in a top hat really does want me to downshift. *yawn* I guesssssss I'll drop down a gear" when I stomp it.

It idles a bit on the low side when warm (~600ish), I wonder if that's why? I did notice one odd quirk with the cold idle pretty quickly - when it's on the cold high idle, a quick tap of the throttle brings it down to ~750 immediately. Cold idle seems pretty low too at a pretty modest ~1250. It's been ages since I owned a car without DBW, but that's almost like kicking off the high idle on a carb'd car (except on a carb you have to give it a quick stab, this is a gentle blip). I'm used to non-DBW stuff idling around 2k when cold.

I kick it down more because I'm usually in a hurry to get to work (because I like to wait until I have to be there in 10 minutes...... :downsgun:), and just let it idle for ~30 seconds to get everything moving. I don't want to put extra stress on the transmission by shifting into gear with it at high idle, even though that's really not a very high "high" idle.

It still feels like a completely different transmission. I'm still getting an occasional slip when going from reverse to drive until I give it gas, but the shifts are good and firm now. Still a hard shift into reverse when cold, but I'm starting to think that's just mounts and maybe worn joints on the rear driveshaft. :homebrew:

Mine has a super high cold idle, like 1700 even 2000 if its closer to 0 outside. Before the TPS adjustment it was never consistent. Sometimes it would kick down like you are saying and sometimes it would just hang or wander up and down. It was really annoying but I thought it was just the computer adjusting to the different inputs from all the temp sensors. The tuning also might be different between our cars too since mines a MAF can and also something is up for the 94-97 cars because my newest scanner doesnt even have the updates to read my car.

Anyway now when its cold it goes up to cold idle and slowly goes down to 700 or whatever and if Im in some kind of hurry and put it in gear it doesnt slam into gear anymore. Most of the time I just let it run for a minute, literally like 60 seconds or so to warm up and get to closed loop idle and now when I put it in gear the rpms dont change at all, there is no difference in or out of gear, its so smooth and great.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Darchangel posted:

I've got a roll of matte grey 3M gaffer tape that does none of those things. Bought it cheap from a guy at a swap meet selling all kinds of 3M stuff, mainly body shop supplies. $5!
I like it because it does all the gaffer tape things, plus is easy to write on with a sharpie, so makes good labels, too. Had extension cords taped down for Christmas lights outside all December, and it came back up with no issues or goop.

Maybe they have different models/qualities, and the stuff I had was the bad stuff. It was like $30 a roll, so comparable with the other brands I was familiar with :shrug:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Raluek posted:

Maybe they have different models/qualities, and the stuff I had was the bad stuff. It was like $30 a roll, so comparable with the other brands I was familiar with :shrug:

Huh. I’ll have to watch for that, then. I dread replacing the current roll. I definitely got a heck of a deal, but this stuff is so useful I’ll have to get another one. At least they’re huge rolls.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Mine has a super high cold idle, like 1700 even 2000 if its closer to 0 outside. Before the TPS adjustment it was never consistent. Sometimes it would kick down like you are saying and sometimes it would just hang or wander up and down. It was really annoying but I thought it was just the computer adjusting to the different inputs from all the temp sensors. The tuning also might be different between our cars too since mines a MAF can and also something is up for the 94-97 cars because my newest scanner doesnt even have the updates to read my car.

Anyway now when its cold it goes up to cold idle and slowly goes down to 700 or whatever and if Im in some kind of hurry and put it in gear it doesnt slam into gear anymore. Most of the time I just let it run for a minute, literally like 60 seconds or so to warm up and get to closed loop idle and now when I put it in gear the rpms dont change at all, there is no difference in or out of gear, its so smooth and great.

No MAF on mine for sure. The rock solid 1250 cold idle almost makes me wonder if it's using the IACV (or Subaru's version of it) to control the cold idle, and just looking for the TPS to change before it drops it down (it'll drop on its own over a few minutes too).

It still slams into reverse, but it's only that first time, and it's not nearly as bad as it was before I changed the fluid.

Though I just realized.. I can adjust it properly with a multimeter or Torque. :downsgun: Looks like it should show 0% with nothing on the gas, and 0.45-0.55v, key on/engine off. I'll have to check that out.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Any chance you measured for the bench seats? No hurry, just wasn't sure if you forgot. I'd love to see them go to a good home instead of scrapping them.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Oh poo poo yea I did forget but Im outside and Ill do it sometime today

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I didnt post much about the Ranger since thats kinda boring and it sucked anyway but thanks to Darchangel I dug out my RC10 the other day. Im not sure what year I got it but probably 1993, somewhere around there, I cant believe that its that old. Team Associated released a 30th anniversary one in 2013. After taking a look around it seems that I can use nimh batteries with the charger that I have which is great. The biggest nicad I had was 1400mah and I got 2 4200mah nimh batteries for $35 and theyre supposed to be here Wednesday. Another reason I put it away is I lost the battery holder for my controller and it was pretty specific holding 8aa batteries but they had them on amazon for $8. There are replacement parts for everything on the car which is exciting but I took a look at it and the only thing I dont have is a strap for the battery and I can make that, the rest of the car is in great shape so for now I just got the batteries and holder so I can see if the speed controller and controller still work.

This is how it looked when I first took it out

All dirty and lots of double stick tape residue that needs to go

Its neat to look back at the work I did when I was just learning how to build and fix stuff. Bad solder joints, using tape and twisted wire to make repairs. Im going to go through the whole thing and clean and fix stuff the right way while I wait for the stuff I need to get here. Ive got two brand name motors, the green machine which I hope is in good shape and two spares if it isnt

Took stuff out and cleaned everything up

Transmission ans stuff looks good on the outside. Ill take it apart and see how it looks inside and if it doesnt have ball bearings yet Ill put them in. Im pretty sure it does but I dont remember for sure. Gear looks good and I have a couple spares and a bunch of pinions to try different gear ratios

I only have one diode that I had to take off the other motor so I put that on and had to resolder the caps to the motor case, it doesnt look great but its solid. if everything is good once I get to test it when I get the batteries Im going to go through all the solder and redo it all

Green machine cleaned up

Speed controller, going to solder it directly to the motor

Receiver case isnt in good shape but the internals look fine, cleaned it up and replaced the tape holding it together

Im going to have to make a track at my place somewhere so I can do more than just tons of skids in the street like I did when I was little. This is going to be so much fun

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Oh yea I forgot to add these that I want to get if everything works

Fuckin BFG replicas, I need these so bad and mounted on the wheels theyre only $22

And on amazon they have tons of different styles of roof racks with lights, I think this one will fit on the roof. Also want to get a new body so I can do new paint and livery

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Also doing the yearly checkup on my UTV and I have some LED bars left over from the XT so while its in here Im making a bracket to put 2 of them on the front since I had them and some flat stock

Hard to see but they will be right over the front bumper using 2 existing bolts for the skid plate

Ready for paint

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Guess I could include the UTV work also

Painted the bed floor since it was all scratched up, I used tractor supply implement oil based enamel

Buffed the plastic front with medium and light cut compound and it got a ton of the scratches out

Clean engine/cvt, this machine has 314 hours on it!

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

All mounted up

Bracket I made matches the machine pretty good so it looks like its supposed to be there

Wired everything into the electrical box that was already there. It had a spare circuit and a few grounds available so I used those and just had to add my relay

For now Im just going to use a toggle switch and look for one that matches the original one

I also used connectors so I can take stuff out easily if I want to. These are really lovely so Im going to replace them with weather pack connectors when I find the right switch

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Looks like a fairly common boat/off-roader rocker switch.
Something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WFDP5DB

or this, without lights:
https://www.amazon.com/Bandc-Marine-Rocker-Switch-Waterproof/dp/B00DRAW8ZK

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Yep I found it on Amazon and ordered two since there's two blanks. I'm going to put another light on the back of the roll cage like a cargo light on a pickup

CARLING TECHNOLOGIES VLD2S00B-AZC00-000 SWITCH, ROCKER, DPDT, 20A, BLACK (1 piece) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MEISO4K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_i8HoEbBZVHZMP

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I got all the batteries and parts I need for the RC10 today but I had a rush job on a Nissan I had to get done. Tomorrow I should be able to blow a huge picture filled post all over this thread tomorrow

Not tonight, I've got a headache from working on an Altima

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Headache
Altima

You didn't have to say anything else. :v:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

STR posted:

You didn't have to say anything else. :v:

Owner gave me another headache in the morning that I whined about in the chat thread.

Anyway so I was playing with the remote that came with the 03 OB since it has a remote starter and I was trying to get it to work then somehow the plastic on the key broke and fell off so I spent 2 hours looking for it since its my only key to the car. I found it and smashed the rest of the plastic off so i could drill a hole in it, it kinda looked like a cat so I made a surprised cat face

All that plus cleaning up the disaster in the shop only left me with a little time to work on the RC10 so all I got done was the light bar. The inside of the "reflector" was just black so I painted them silver to look more realistic

I also painted the back of the LEDs so that light didnt leak out the rear where the wires come out

Then I put heat shrink on the individual lights and then where they came together so it wasnt a bunch of wires hanging out and looks way better

Covers on, they say Rallyo, haha

After trying a bunch of spots I think the roof in front of the spoiler will be the best spot. They looked pretty good right on front but I didnt want them to be the bumper. Later on I might make a brush guard with two more lights on it or something like that

Lights on

From the side

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Any Subaru dealer can cut a new key with proof of ownership. I had to do that to get a key that actually opened (almost) everything. There's no immobilizer on that year model (USDM anyway), it ran me $15.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

STR posted:

Any Subaru dealer can cut a new key with proof of ownership. I had to do that to get a key that actually opened (almost) everything. There's no immobilizer on that year model (USDM anyway), it ran me $15.

Yea I was going to do that, Ive got the title and everything but I wouldnt have been able to work on it until I got a key. I found it sitting in the grass kinda by accident since it wasnt one of the places I thought I dropped it. When I took the remote apart the key ring fell off so I thought it fell under my work bench and I looked under there 100 times knowing it wasnt going to suddenly appear but still hoping it would

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I looked under there 100 times knowing it wasnt going to suddenly appear but still hoping it would

Glad I'm not the only one that suffers from this broke brained psychology.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I love the cat key.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Got to spend some quality time with the RC10 today. Working on it reminds me of working on a motorcycle or bicycle where it's kinda zen and relaxing. I got all the new connectors put on one battery, the motor and ESC, the battery mounting is almost ready, ESC mounted and some wire management done and forgot to take pictures so I'll get them next post.

I did get some shots with most of the hardware installed so it's now sitting at a normal ride height and the lights on but not mounted yet

Some hard parking articulation shots

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Some shots of the wiring, I love the new connectors since they are small and spring loaded to keep pressure on the flat surfaces. They were tricky to solder since I had to get the metal hot enough but not melt the plastic. I may redo the one on the battery since it melted a little and isnt perfect. The receiver can be run off the main battery but I got an auxiliary battery for the receiver and lights that I havent installed yet. Its better to run a separate battery for the receiver since under high current conditions the power can be drawn down from the main battery and affect its operation and its a no brainer with the lights. If all goes well I want to get a newer FM radio with more channels and then I can turn the lights on remotely and that will be neato. Since the wiring and motor are closer to the receiver than Id like Im hoping a newer radio with be less susceptible to interference as well.

First iteration of the wiring, left the battery to receiver wires loose but I am happy with where the motor and receiver wires are run

I ended up tying the ESC wires up to secure them a little better

Final form, for now. Once Im happy Ill redo them all with black zip ties but I wanted to use my cheapie ones until I liked how it looks. I think Im going to tie the battery wires down to the battery too to keep them away from the receiver as much as I can

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

If it were me I'd move the receiver to the chassis opposite the ESC. Those motor wires going right by it are noisy and may be causing the interference you're seeing. You'll have to redo your very nice wiring and leave enough slack to slide the battery in and out but probably worth it. Thing looks great and makes me wish I hadn't sold all my stuff last time we moved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

NitroSpazzz posted:

If it were me I'd move the receiver to the chassis opposite the ESC. Those motor wires going right by it are noisy and may be causing the interference you're seeing. You'll have to redo your very nice wiring and leave enough slack to slide the battery in and out but probably worth it. Thing looks great and makes me wish I hadn't sold all my stuff last time we moved.

Thanks! Im really glad I never sold this or gave it away the couple times I moved, I would have regretted it. I was thinking about moving the receiver if I got interference since yea its literally in the worst spot close to the motor and all the high current wires. I hadnt run it yet when I posted that but I just did a few minutes ago and so far so good. I still havent run it hard yet since the only charge in the batteries is what came with them so I had the current limiter on the ESC turned way down. I may get interference when I turn up the wick so I have to do more testing. The battery charger is supposed to be here tomorrow so I can get a lot more testing done. After reading about nimh batteries I decided not to blast them right away with my old 15 minute quick charger so I ordered a smart charger.

The auxiliary battery is flat so it doesnt fit in the tub well, I should have gotten the stacked style but I was looking at capacity first and overlooked the shape. I may put it where the receiver is but the thing that would suck about that is it would raise the center of gravity significantly which is why I put the receiver up there first since it weighs nothing. Luckily its easy to move with only those two zip ties holding the wires going to it and I have a huge roll of double sided tape.

For the 5 minutes I ran it it was so much fun, I cant wait to have it all tweaked so I can really rip it