Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I like where this thread is going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Repinning won't take much. I recall only having to move 3 pins to adapt my 11mm ALH pump to my AHU wiring, so vice versa should be about the same.

Bosio 520s or 764s are a good starting point nozzle wise.

Do you plan to swap in a TDI transmisison?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

shy boy from chess club posted:

A few years back some people were modding the QA window to get more timing and power on the top end to like 5k and if that did end up paying off I want to do that too.

If you are using the 98 tranny, you are going to want a taller 5th gear. Honestly, I don't see much reason to try to get to 5k, peak HP is around 3700-4200, and that window isn't moving too much. Theoretically, if you are looking at the 5k window, that's 250-300HP territory, and that means block girdle and other things, and possibly moving to a 12mm pump.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Sep 5, 2019