Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

TDI and Scirocco content in the same thread, hell yeah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

If it were me I'd move the receiver to the chassis opposite the ESC. Those motor wires going right by it are noisy and may be causing the interference you're seeing. You'll have to redo your very nice wiring and leave enough slack to slide the battery in and out but probably worth it. Thing looks great and makes me wish I hadn't sold all my stuff last time we moved.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

If you don't mind possibly getting coronavirus check out http://www.hobbyking.com. Last time I got really into this stuff a few years ago they were beating Amazon prices by a pretty good margin. I recommend setting it to USA warehouse only otherwise it can take a while to get things, possibly longer with how things are going over there right now.

Run the batteries and setup you have for a while but when you get the urge for longer run times and more power charliemonster42 is right, LiPo is the way to go these days. The run time as well as the massive discharge rates capable make them so much better than the old stuff. I tested Hobbyking batteries against some of the best/expensive batteries on the market and they were comparable. Grab a HK smart charger, lipo bag (to charge them in TRUST ME) and a couple batteries for hours of run time.

You guys are not helping me resist the urge

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

shy boy from chess club posted:

True. Lol They called me today, massive vacuum leak as expected, from back of the intake manifold. Massive amount of oil in the intake manifold too. Valley plate was hosed, rear grommet wasn't even installed, front was trash. Installing new knock sensors and harness, spark plugs were wrong type and heat range....covered in massive amounts of exhaust soot. Header bolts were too short. Oil has a poo poo ton of fuel in it. Apparently the catch can wasn't working good enough (he said it looks awesome but is lovely), said going with the maf is easy at least. He's so perplexed why they'd spend so much on parts and cheap out on installing. So yeah, the car is a dumpster fire. Lol

That's pretty bad. So many of these Vette/Miata/etc karts are just disasters. Most of them around here have cages that aren't even close to built right and would kill the occupants in a low speed collision. Combine that with sloppy work, terrible wiring and mostly old worn out components and it's scary. I need to dig through my pics from Cars & Coffee last year, there was a Vette kart that at first glance looked amazing but the longer I looked at it the more terrifying things I found.

That reminds me, one of my friends from High School had talked about building one and had picked up the donor car...I wonder if it ever happened.