Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I always love your posting and this is one of my favourite goon cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I painted the front jack plate on my '03 Impreza bright green so I could more easily see it in a dark garage, since I only have ceiling lighting.

Probably the best drat thing I ever did for maintenance.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Suburban Dad posted:

I would love to buy a used car only to find it's like a harlequin golf underneath.

Sometimes we sign the inside of parts before we put them on with a little message to future generations who will likely never see them.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Cute trick with the spring compressor. I'm gonna steal it.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Say hi to Roy for me. I hope he's doing well.

I'm surprised you have that much arch rust and no rust in the rear door frames. That dogleg is where I usually see the worst of it on our local cars.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Kapton tape is really cheap, especially the imitation stuff from China. You could probably slip a little sliver of that in between the wires to help avoid tin whiskers and vibration... but you're probably fine.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I love the cat key.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I don't know if I've ever seen one of those 'karts' that isn't a total hackjob. At least you're on the way to saving this one.