Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

taqueso posted:

Plus they use it on satellites and space stuff, why wouldn't you want it on your car?

p.s. the glue on 3M kapton tape is much better than tapecase brand, the savings isn't worth it (imo)

anything tape- or glue- related I buy 3M nowadays; it's just not worth loving about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

Raluek posted:

you gotta watch out for gaffers tape, though; the 3M stuff sucks rear end

As a former theatre tech I reckon it's alright I guess; apart from being expensive, what's wrong with it?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

meltie fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 12, 2020

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

Raluek posted:

it gets goopy real easy. leaves tons of residue. and if you find some old bits that have been around for a bit, theyre all dried out and crusty. the backing comes right off, leaving a solid crust of adhesive. it is un-good.

shurtape and pro-gaff are miles better

Fair enough! :)