Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

Man, this thread makes me miss my mk 1 stuff. My first car was an 83 GTI that I resurrected from sitting for almost a decade. I loved that car, it was a ton of fun. It eventually got sold and then I had an 88 16v Scirocco, which was a *ton* of fun. That engine is fantastic, revs to the moon, never drank a drop of oil, hardly even leaked any either. I sold it before I got out of college, sadly. I would've loved to ditch the diving boards and do the full euro look. Cash for clunkers killed all these fun old cars, and it's a real shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

shy boy from chess club posted:

Have you looked on amazon at radios and batteries yet? Theyre reeaaal cheap, I can get you some links if you want, first ones on me

I’m gonna be the boring guy and suggest the LiPo/brushless upgrade. The runtime you get from the modern stuff really is amazing. I have an SCX-10 short course truck (the great great grand-baby of your RC-10) and I get 30+ minutes runtime out of a single charge without any difficulty. The limiting factor becomes the heat in the motor if you’re constantly goosing it like a hack. More power means more faster right?

https://imgur.com/gallery/xCpNGSP

Related - it’s my car on the track at the local bmx park. The suspension on this thing truly is amazing.