Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

Brass Hand posted:

It’s not really surveillance but when you add a colleague on LinkedIn it now asks questions that are designed to understand the management structure of your company. It can gently caress right off.

linkedin auto generated an account for my work email and vendors keep trying to add it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

it’s a good thing all that precise location data is anonymised. it’d be awkward if you could zoom right in on someone’s address, pick out the phones that spend most nights there ...

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
it's just some anonymous person who coincidentally spends 8 hours every night at the same address as you, then on weekdays anonymously spends 8 hours at the same address as your job.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
meanwhile I see the uk is planning to roll out a phone app that will literally track all users constantly in order to determine who’s been close to covid patients. It will of course be optional to install this app, unless you want to go outside ever.

I’m sure that’s the only thing it will be used for, too, it’s not like the government of cctv iiiiisland has ever been caught doing any creepy surveillance stuff in the past

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Soricidus posted:

meanwhile I see the uk is planning to roll out a phone app that will literally track all users constantly in order to determine who’s been close to covid patients. It will of course be optional to install this app, unless you want to go outside ever.

I’m sure that’s the only thing it will be used for, too, it’s not like the government of cctv iiiiisland has ever been caught doing any creepy surveillance stuff in the past

all those street cameras are going unused now, do you want all the monitoring personnel to lose their jobs?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Progressive JPEG posted:

reminds me of those sites that require you to pick a title before your name and they have a hundred oddball ones to pick from

British Airways for example

do they check against a list to see if you're entitled to be addressed as "the rt hon" or is that on the honor system

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

do they check against a list to see if you're entitled to be addressed as "the rt hon" or is that on the honor system

if you falsely say you’re an engineer a bunch of nerds yell at you for an hour about PEs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

qirex posted:

if you falsely say you’re an engineer a bunch of nerds yell at you for an hour about PEs