Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

i've been working in a coworking space for a few weeks. I have 0 professional or social media interactions with the other people in the office, but I just checked linkedin's suggested connections and a bunch of them are there "based on your profile". i assume this was done by ip crossreferencing but it was weird as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

animist posted:

was chatting with new roommates today and one of them told me he spent two years working for amazon labeling and fixing mistakes Alexa had made

as in, listening to everything people had said to alexa and finding errors

Presumably the apps which resell all your email data read a bunch of people's emails to get it right.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

If you are a brand you may be intersted in the "ability to understand high-value consumers across anonymous touchpoints, providing a critical first step to a holistic view of their journey"

Don't worry though

quote:

Protecting consumer privacy is paramount. Tapad has been privacy-first from the beginning and has an ongoing commitment to transparency, user control, and user privacy with full disclosure as to the data collected, processed and stored.

there should be a rule where if you say you have full disclosure but 0% of your subjects know about it because you're lying you get fined into oblivion.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/MikaelThalen/status/1243281598037913600

sweet ui though