Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Stick Insect posted:

If you can't avoid having something/someone spy on you, you could try to feed it incorrect data.

ive heard this argument before but its such a dumb idea that id love for you to walk me through how its supposed to work

if the datas wildly incorrect its just ignored like the guy who liked everything on facebook and if its subtly wrong youre still being spied on only now the few benefits you received from the spying have been removed and you did a bunch of work to throw off the algorithm on top of all that the entities doing the spying literally dont care if its right or not as they make billions just asserting that it is

i understand the impotent rage but i dont understand the passive aggressive actions like its some kind of strike against the machine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU