Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Another three months have passed and everything is still terrible, or worse

Coal is eternal and directly tradeable for franking credits

Albo is thinking very hard about accomplishing nothing

Who even knows what Greens are doing anymore

bad country bad thread

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Nov 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Good thread op thx

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
the OP Anidav deserves

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
This country is currently more successful than ever.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I was going to make a similar effort level OP about how deporting the Biloela family reminds me of what Arendt wrote in Eichmann in Jerusalem and that we need general strike because the government isn’t even listening to their conservative media masters.

Thread title for your consideration:
Reichmen Jump Queue, Ahem: The Banality Of Illegals

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
God the Biloela family thing sucks so much, even Alan loving Jones is in their corner and you know they are doing to be deported because Dutton/Morrison/et al. are just that much of a loving prick.

so yeah, poo poo country and I hope climate change kills us all soon.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
We shall determine what posts are made and the circumstances in which they are made

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Bernstrike posted:

I was going to make a similar effort level OP about how deporting the Biloela family reminds me of what Arendt wrote in Eichmann in Jerusalem and that we need general strike because the government isn’t even listening to their conservative media masters.

Thread title for your consideration:
Reichmen Jump Queue, Ahem: The Banality Of Illegals

Springtime for Auspol and Border Force - Winter For Biloela

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

x1o posted:

God the Biloela family thing sucks so much, even Alan loving Jones is in their corner and you know they are doing to be deported because Dutton/Morrison/et al. are just that much of a loving prick.

so yeah, poo poo country and I hope climate change kills us all soon.
this is literally dutton going on a psychopathic "i'm above the public, i'm above the media, i'm above alan jones, i'm above human emotion" power trip at the expense of a beautiful family, who did everything right and were good to everybody and are as their reward being exiled to climate change hell

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Auspol Sept-Nov: Sponsored by the Rockhampton Morning Bulletin.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

did you see sco "poo poo eating grin" mo come out and say that he just can't, by gosh and by golly, he just can't make an exception for these folks because well, those pesky people smugglers will take it as a green light

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/sep/02/peter-dutton-hits-back-at-labor-opportunists-over-tamil-family-facing-deportation

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
you hear people talk about how the holocaust didn't just happen, there was a build-up

i'm not exaggerating when i say dutton is a potential hitler and this is one of his mid-rise power moves. i hope he never gets the opportunity to kill millions of people (deporting people to developing nations is as good as a death sentence, the people on top know exactly what is in store from global heating by now, they're just pretending not to) but if he gets that opportunity he will take it

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

The boats have stopped... but... we deal with the threat of boat arrivals every day.

:thunk:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I'm extremely for a general strike demanding the right to strike.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
ray hadley's got the shits

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
On Friday former Labor MP Ernest Wong was advised “to carefully consider” his evidence over the weekend. On Monday it was clear he’d given it no thought at all.

Take the phrase: “Are you sure about that?” For most people facing a corruption inquiry those words provide a very strong clue that something deeply unpleasant is about to be revealed.

But Mr Wong appears to be a slow learner.

He was being grilled at the Independent Commission Against Corruption about whether he’d helped cover up the $100,000 cash donation made to the NSW branch of the party by Chinese billionaire property developer Huang Xiangmo, a banned donor, in 2015.

When asked if he had spoken to a key witness Jonathan Yee about the ICAC inquiry, which is it itself a breach of ICAC regulations and a possible criminal offence, Mr Wong was adamant that he had not. “Are you quite sure about that?” asked counsel assisting Scott Robertson.

With undue alacrity Mr Wong repeated his denials only to be shown notes about a discussion with Mr Yee about planned responses to ICAC. The notes were on Mr Wong’s own phone.

And had he ever asked people to make false declarations claiming they had made donations, when they hadn’t? After his protestations of innocence cue an email popping up on the screen in the hearing room showing he had asked someone to fill out a fake disclosure in 2014.

At times his evidence was so fanciful that even Commissioner Peter Hall appeared nonplussed.

According to Mr Wong, on the night of the infamous Chinese Friends of Labor fundraising dinner it was very late, he’d had a few drinks and as an elected MP he didn’t want to take home a large bag of cash which he claimed had been collected from various donors connected to Mr Yee on the night.

“I myself would never handle a big, sort of like, you know, bag of cash…And then apparently Mr Huang was there and he said that he was going to see Jamie Clements at the head office, you know, probably the next day or so and then he said that he probably would be able to deliver the money,” offered Mr Wong.

"Here was the alleged billionaire offering to do a delivery run with a bag of cash," said the commissioner. Did that strike Mr Wong as unusual?

"Not at all," replied Mr Wong.

Fast forward 18 months to September 2016 when the scheme to hide the true source of the money was unravelling as the NSW Electoral Commission was investigating. Mr Wong asked Kaila Murnain, Jamie Clements' successor, to meet him at the back of Parliament House. He said he wanted to discuss the possible “misinterpretation” of Mr Huang and his bag of $100,000 in cash. He said he didn’t recall her saying, “What the poo poo?”

He denied speaking to Mr Huang about the investigation only to be shown his phone records. Within 15 minutes of the Murnain meeting he’d been on the phone to Mr Huang.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Incredible, king

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Good to see how corrupt all our politicians are and how we definitely don't need a federal ICAC to deal with it.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Tokamak posted:

The boats have stopped... but... we deal with the threat of boat arrivals every day.

:thunk:

Like no poo poo racist bullshit about an outsider menace that is both weak and worthless and to be held only in contempt (we stopped the boats) but also mighty and powerful and threatening society (we deal with the threat of boats every day) is one of the few commonly agreed hallmarks of out and out fascist demagogues.

tldr lol oz fukt

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Anidav posted:

Auspol Sept-Nov: Sponsored by the Rockhampton Morning Bulletin.

I don't think I have the energy to send in daily pictures of RM from St Lawrence without giving myself an aneurysm

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Remember when the Panama Papers came out and then nothing happened including to Malcolm Turnbull.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Nothing happened?? Meryl Streep is gonna get a bleedin Oscar mate

The Laundromat in Cinemas near you September 27th

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

Remember when the Panama Papers came out and then nothing happened including to Malcolm Turnbull.

something did happen, a journalist was murdered

this guy gave off incredible vibes of being both dumb af and corrupt af without even talking to him, let’s make him an mp lmao

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
August: report comes out saying the reef is worse that previously thought

September: https://awol.junkee.com/underwater-hotel-great-barrier-reef/75582

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...tion-study-says

Hahajahahahajajaxkzjzj4uzJjs

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Sponsored

BY

The Morning Bulletin

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Where did NASA say this

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
In Mr Townsends dreams

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

*citation needed

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Literally the opposite is true, and climate change is affecting the wobble of the Earth because the the icecaps are melting.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Why is everyone, including me, so loving stupid

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

QUACKTASTIC posted:

they say ignorance is bliss but I'm not feeling a whole lotta bliss.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The research by associate professor Nicholas Biddle found that vote switchers who delivered victory to the Coalition were more likely to be older, women, non-Indigenous, non-university educated and living outside the most disadvantage areas in Australia.

It concluded the election was “partly a story of people leaving the Coalition between November and April, and returning during the election campaign”.

Biddle said the results prove who a person says they’ll vote for on a particular day is far from a perfect predictor of who they’ll end up voting for, meaning “more care and transparency” is needed in examining how polling is adjusted.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

x1o posted:

they say ignorance is bliss but I'm not feeling a whole lotta bliss.

:yossame:

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Anidav posted:

The research by associate professor Nicholas Biddle found that vote switchers who delivered victory to the Coalition were more likely to be older, women, non-Indigenous, non-university educated and living outside the most disadvantage areas in Australia.

It concluded the election was “partly a story of people leaving the Coalition between November and April, and returning during the election campaign”.

Biddle said the results prove who a person says they’ll vote for on a particular day is far from a perfect predictor of who they’ll end up voting for, meaning “more care and transparency” is needed in examining how polling is adjusted.

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1162824868875898885

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Pore over

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

QUACKTASTIC posted:

tis to be human

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

The polling for 2016 was actually nearly spot on, it was the breathless idiots who didn't understand Margin of Error and odds who got pantsed.

Also as our good IK hinted and most of us refused to believe at the time, the polling data actually also spotted the 2019 result in Aust as well.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The polling for 2016 was actually nearly spot on, it was the breathless idiots who didn't understand Margin of Error and odds who got pantsed.

Also as our good IK hinted and most of us refused to believe at the time, the polling data actually also spotted the 2019 result in Aust as well.

What you're saying is Dave and I were right?

Oh boy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

On a National level the polls got primary votes for Labor and the Coalition wrong by 2-3% each, and in Queensland the error was twice that (and well outside the margin of error). There's also the fact the polls were consistently wrong in a way that suggests herding.

The polling data didn't suggest the result at all.