Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

is anybody here doing the climate strike on the 20th?
Shutting shop, signage on shop, sign for holding. It will lead to nothing but at least I can feel like I did all I could.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
If you can feel your hate and rage waning have a quick dose of this : - https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/breakfast/bushfires-blaze-through-nsw-qld,-destroying-more-than-20-homes/11491042

It's hard to look like more of muppet than any of the current clowns. David Littleproud has a red hot run at it.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

saving everybody 10 mins, david littlproud: "the reality is at the end of the day free market free market free market free market"

the entire country is going to burn this year
Well except the bit where he says "We've been adapting to a changing climate since we settled this country" Why not have a bit of climate denial thrown on the pyre at this point? Also Aw truups thrown in for good measure.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Speaking of unions:

Now is clearly a time when unions are running rampant and need special legislation to curb their rapid expansion.

Source :- https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Parliamentary_Departments/Parliamentary_Library/pubs/rp/rp1819/UnionMembership

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
It's a little sobering to realise that extremist groups can just through a durry butt into the bush and cause a holocaust. Both here and in California. Surprised this hasn't made it onto their agenda yet.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

froglet posted:

If enough of it burns down, an electoral redistribution might trigger and unseat the likes of the Nats.
Lol if you think anything other than "The Greens did this with their tree hugger no burning off bullshit!"

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

JBP posted:

Support the other people that booked annual leave or asked politely for the day off? Is anyone actually on strike?
Does shutting a shop mean I'm on strike? Or should I just queue up for the self service guillotine now?

{ERROR} Unexpected head in the basket area {ERROR}

Turns out the people most likely to falsely allege sexual assault are non custodial male parents. Source https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/breakfast/pauline-hansons-accusations-of-false-dv-claims-is-there-evidence/11526994

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Kempsey climate strike was small, 500 odd. Had a small contingent of students with Smash Capitalism signs :heysexy: Was accosted by a denialist who spouted Ray Hadley talking points and wanted to know why we were scaring the children. gently caress that guy.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Singo has finally hosed off. He, obviously, left his empire of poo poo lords well populated but at least that massive pile of scum can now never be heard again.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Jonah Galtberg posted:

pretty bold assumption that I'm "not contributing" btw
Citation required. Go on tell us all how it is done, by you, on a personal level.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Now Scummo was all smuggo about "Australia only contributes 1.3% of the worlds emissions" (Citation required btw Scummo). Sounds pretty good until you do the math and discover we are only 0.3% of the worlds population (24.5 million out of 7,750 million). Developed country and all that but it means we are disproportionately loving the planet and the more we do (per capita) the better it is for the planet (per capita). Nice own goal you post factual muppet.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Amethyst posted:

There’s no point in engaging with this level of cloistered stupidity on a rational level.
Auditioning your next angry red title?

Apparently the Australian women and children left at the mercy of the Kurds in refugee camps are an "unsolvable problem". Well not if you wish to use them as out and out propaganda puppets they aren't. I hesitate to suggest something Machiavellian to the current establishment but returning them to Australia as quietly as possible and setting them (Closely supervised) to work on the cause of deradicalisation would be the smart money. Unfortunately it seems all the smart money has left the upper echelons of the intelligence community.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

JBP posted:

What's going to happen to these ISIS wives? I can't determine why they went in the first place outside of a charming maths teacher said it would be cool.
In a sensible world the adults would be coopted by the intelligence services and used either as assets or as agents for deradicalisation. Any who were known or later determined to be willing participants in any relevant crimes would be referred for prosecution. It would also quickly establish who was unwilling to aid in the prevention of others from experiencing their fate.

Big Willy Style posted:

Hopefully the fash are let back in the country then promptly locked up. Shouldn't be dumping our trash in other countries.
Yes this will certainly deradicalise their children. You are a woke alpha planet brain. :worship:

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Anidav posted:

I live in an underground Sega bunker filled with used cum socks and copies of Panzer Dragoon Saga.
Which of the 12 steps is this post?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Daniel Andrews attempts stand up:

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/andrews-says-extinction-rebellion-not-winning-many-friends-20191008-p52ym1.html

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

hambeet posted:

That's a good one.

Anything else?

I ask because I recall a convo I had with a yank mate about six months ago, and he was banging on about how protesting is much more effective in the US than Australia, and was citing their history of such movements like civil rights, vietnam war and a handful others I can't recall right now.

Anyway was just curious.
Star Riot
Green Bans

The list is pretty long if you count union victories.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Solemn Sloth posted:

I love the pigs being :qq: about how their resources are being severely stretched by climate protests

Yes, that’s the loving point you dipshits
Hey all these indigenous women aren't going to bash themselves!

fauna posted:

is there any way someone in australia can help the kurds
Under the recent aid to foreign fighter laws nothing legal what-so-ever.

Maybe write to your member, a minister, Scummo or the Dumpster.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
In the name of the 'slaw.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/peter-dutton-says-climate-activists-are-thumbing-their-nose-at-australia

quote:

"They do their cause more harm than good," he told the Nine Network on Friday.

quote:

Mr Dutton again raised the prospect of charging protesters acting without permits for the cost of the police response.

"When you are acting outside of the law, which these people are doing, you are diverting valuable police resources. I think there should be a price to pay for that," he said.

GoldStandardConure posted:

hey cartoon you should see if XR in your area has a Regen group (or if not, you should start one) as I think that would be right up your alley, and you definately have the expertise in that kind of stuff (sustainable living, permaculture, grid based toilets) that Regen is about
I probably have as much experience in the protest movement and agitprop theatre. That shot of street performers dragging the cops around like the pied piper is sheer magic. Unfortunately I live in a redneck neck of the woods and actively disrupting traffic, of all things, would immediately lead to me getting beaten to death. I'm sure many posters here would see this as a win-win but alas...

I was at the last climate strike with a honking big sign and will get involved in anything coming up if I can.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Dear Mr Barrie,

Lol. What a loving joke. Where's your citation for any of your productivity claims? Also you apparently aren't aware that Australia is among world leaders in robotics. (Source - https://www.roboticsbusinessreview.com/research/new-index-ranks-countries-that-are-ready-for-robots-ai/ )

quote:

Rounding out the top 10 countries were Japan, Canada, Estonia, France, the U.K., the U.S., and Australia. China, which is often thought of as a leader in the AI and robotics space, ranked No. 12 on the list.
That's largely due to our heavily automated mining sector and some very visionary thinking by the CSIRO before they were productivity dividended back into the Stone Age by neoliberal fuckwits such as yourself. Try getting:
A/ A job
B/ An education
C/ A clue
D/ Slightly smaller clown shoes so you don't trip over them quite so often.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Anidav posted:

Okay now do this one.

Entitlled rubbish.
Hey Mr Appliance Guy!

Over here!

*Sound of vicious dog ripping someone apart.*

JBP posted:

Please remind me of the last time a protester was killed in Australia.
1929 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rothbury_riot

Are you sincerely that ignorant?

And of course that is only counting white protesters. https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/jan/24/massacres-protest-australia-day-undeniable-history

Also

quote:

The word Rothbury has been trademarked by the Fosters Group.
Of course they did.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
The front page of the Arsetralian is wonderful in it's unintentional irony/honesty regarding the PM and the economy:

"PM keeps his cool on the economy"

:fap:

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Graic Gabtar posted:

best not to wear a bow tie to court.
Unless it rotates.

Gridlocked posted:

I will fight you over crab races people.
So long as they are conducted in the regulation sized bucket.

Also no mods, no masters.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

swimsuit posted:

reckon pauline's chipshop had dimmies?
What? Apart from the customers?

Aesculus posted:

I loving hate this shitass country and this shitass state with its shitass jackboots.

The time cannot come soon enough when I can leave this utter hell.
Serious question. And go where?

Bargearse posted:

i have seen the light, Adani God

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

hambeet posted:

it's why I offer my posting for free.
How the whole relevance deprivation thing working out for you?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Whitlam posted:

Obviously hyperbolic yeah, but

isn't an unfair point. Imo the answer is still "bring 'em here and figure out where their heads are at on a case-by-case basis". Whether or not they went willingly (and some did, and some didn't), the fact is there's a non-zero chance that some will be presently radicalized, and they represent a danger to society. I agree that there's a general duty to assist Australians, but not an unlimited one - should we have refused to assist Sweden in investigating Julian Assange for rape (if he'd been and stayed in Australia)? How about that guy who did the Christchurch mosque shooting? An unlimited "provide Australians assistance above all else" attitude is how you wind up with Invade the Hague. Again, I think the answer is "bring them here and figure out whether they're a danger or not, and if so, keep them far away from people until that can be rectified (even if it takes a lifetime)", but I do understand people being a little leery about the concept in a vacuum, particularly in cases where there seems to have been agency in leaving.
Wrong.

All Australians regardless of their actions, alleged or proven, deserve exactly the same treatment by our government agencies. The second you equivocate on this is the instant you abandon due process and step into the exciting world of extrajudicial determination.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jock_Palfreeman

He's a convicted murderer. Maybe we shouldn't help him either.

Don't get on the slippery slope.

I also initially pointed out these people (and not their children) are an enormous ASSET to the Australian intelligence community. I went into some detail about how this works for the entire range of these people's attitudes and circumstances.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Whitlam posted:

And what treatment is that? Because that's a pretty central issue to me, and saying "the same treatment" is exactly the kind of ambiguous sentiment that clarifies nothing - it's a mission statement, not a plan. In a vacuum "equal treatment" sounds great, but in practice it answers nothing. And what about the cases of people who explicitly reject their citizenship and don't consider themselves to be Australians? Is it the role of the state to come in and say "nuh uh, you are, whether you like it or not"? Also, keep in mind I've already said we should bring them back, so you don't need to convince me of the merits of it.

If you've got a specific level of support the state should provide I'd be interested to hear it, but the sentiment of "equal treatment" isn't a plan or an answer, it's an objective.

Jock Palfreeman isn't remotely comparable because a central issue is that he didn't get a fair trial. Should the government intervene to prevent a miscarriage of justice? Sure. Nobody is arguing that. But pretending he and people who left Australia to try and install a caliphate are exactly the same is, in itself, a false equivalence. I'll ask again: what should the Australian government do to support Brenton Tarrant? If your answer is anything less than "storm NZ to bring him home", then you also believe there's a limit to support that should be provided.
A wall of text argument full of straw men and equivocation isn't going to stop you from being wrong.

https://smartraveller.gov.au/services/Pages/consular-services-charter.aspx#what_help_we_may_provide

https://smartraveller.gov.au/services/Pages/consular-services-charter.aspx#what-we-cannot-do

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Graic Gabtar posted:

By and large anyone of consequence connected to these people is long dead. Some survivors may be radicalised and (drawing a long bow) dangerous, but not particularly of interest.
Flat out wrong.

quote:

There’s nothing to learn about how to leave Australia to become a terrorist dragging your family along from these people with all their connections well explored.
You appear to know effectively nothing about human intelligence sources and how they work. That's what makes such sweeping statements with such hubris possible I guess.

quote:

Al qaeda is gone with any territory overrun by <Insert current islamic hotspot>. So besides watching the heads of Western nations continue to gently caress thing up based on a poor understanding of human intelligence, it’s a done deal.

quote:

Even if there was a resuscitated (and hobby farm sized) caliphate stood up by escaped prisoners it’s bordered by these actors wise to their poo poo. Events have so passed by these people in camps they wouldn’t know anything more than someone watching the news. They have no network left and are somewhat more preoccupied with not dying. Most of what they have to say is already in the public domain.
And to round out further confirmation of your utter cluelessness. :bravo:

If you really want to educate yourself search my post history for the original post. Here's some additional information about Human Intelligence that may give you pause.

Despite having over 20 thousand employees at the CIA prior to 9/11, the CIA employed two(2) people who could speak Arabic. That means that any detailed assessment of what is happening in the world of radical Islam is less than two decades old. That is barely long enough to establish any effective agent in the target. Your whole sense of time/time cycles/relevance in this is completely out of wack.

Much of 'ISIS' is actually web based. It still exists. The people behind it still exist(And probably reside in Saudi Arabia). They are possibly even more relevant now. How this all fits together will require patient sifting of information gained via detailed human intelligence work. The people who will be most valuable in this are....

Come on, you've come this far, you can do this.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
https://www.themonthly.com.au/issue/2019/october/1569393709/oslo-davis/light-recent-events

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Recoome posted:

Honestly I thought that VicPol could already shoot to kill
This is purely a paperwork reduction bill.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Wizard Master posted:

I can: he is one himself
WWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Wizard Master!

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
As progressives, we got it wrong, says Labor’s Clare O’Neil

Labor frontbencher Clare O’Neil will call on the party to push back against political correctness in light of the May election defeat, saying progressives are too quick to dismiss people with ­opposing views as “obviously wrong, probably stupid and possibly sub­human”. While saying she does not like being on the “same side of an ­argument as Alan Jones”, the ­opposition innovation spokeswoman will on Thursday say she was dismayed during the election campaign to discover lifelong Labor voters felt “progressives were talking down to them”. She will use an address to the John Curtin Research Centre in Melbourne to call for Labor to “engage in the conversation about political correctness” in an effort to win support from middle Australia.

“When … Labor people of a lifetime tell us they feel they are not allowed to question new ­social standards that seem to be reset every other week, I think we need to listen,” she will say, ­according to a draft copy of the speech. “There is a culture developing in the progressive movement where membership is granted with a box of ideas. And if you don’t accept one of the ideas in the box, you do not merely have a different opinion, you are ­obviously wrong, probably stupid and possibly subhuman. “Not everyone with a concern about the immigration rate is a bigot. Not everyone with a hesitation about changing gender roles is sexist. Not every social change is inarguably a good one. “If Australians feel they can’t question assumptions and positions in conversation with us, they will find someone else to talk to about it.”

The post-election analysis from the Victorian Right MP, who represents the outer Melbourne electorate of Hotham, comes amid soul-searching from senior figures in the party following Bill Shorten’s defeat in the May 18 poll. Deputy leader Richard Marles and resources spokesman Joel Fitzgibbon are among those calling for a shift back to the political centre, while Victorian Left senator Kim Carr and ALP president Wayne Swan have urged against junking Mr Shorten’s tax-and-spend agenda. Ms O’Neil, 39, will also say “there is no question” Labor needs to articulate a new narrative on the economy, with a greater focus on the digital industries and small business. 'Even when its policy­ settings are right, the internal culture of the Labor Party and the values it projects are at odds with how many Australians feel. A Party that defines itself primarily­ as ‘progressive’ will no longer have a broad cultural base

“Since the 1980s, Labor’s economic ­approach has been to grow the economy by opening it up. With a fair labour market and a good education system, all boats would rise together. Today, that model — it is broken. For the first time, our country is getting richer but ordinary families are going backwards. We have not told a sufficiently compelling story to Australia’s two million small ­businesses, or to our friends in digital.” Ms O’Neil will say the loss has “changed my outlook on politics forever” and warn that centre-left parties around the world have been “stymied by a disease of managerialism”. “I don’t think we are winning hearts and minds out there talking about policy this way. If an election is about whether a family will be 4 per cent better off in five years under one leader and 6 per cent better off under the other one, I think we are missing the mark,” she will say. “Politics is about offering a compelling story about our country: who we are, where we are going. One of the most upsetting things I have heard in speaking with people after the election, ­especially in the regions, was how we sounded on the doorstep. The impression of many was that progressives were talking down to them. I know this is not what was intended, but if our voters hear sanctimony, that is what matters.”

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

hambeet posted:

this post is earning negative interest points
An humourous, intelligent and timely post by hambeet? These are truly the end times.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
It's OK our politicians have found a solution to complaints of perceived police brutality, corruption and malfeasance

quote:

'Firehose' of complaints about NSW Police not investigated as watchdog faces cuts By Nigel Gladstone and Lucy Cormack SMH November 3, 2019 — 12.00am

In numbers
11.75% -Failure to investigate or inadequate investigation/lack of impartiality
8.25% -Inconsiderate/uncooperative behaviour, rudeness/verbal abuse
6.75% -Improper use of force
3.75% -Intimidating or aggressive behaviour or unfair treatment, within the police force or to the public
3.5% -Harrassment

The police watchdog is struggling to cope with a "firehose" of serious misconduct claims levelled against NSW Police, including allegations of bribery, unauthorised strip-searches and the misuse of authority for personal gain. The Law Enforcement Conduct Commission assessed 2547 complaints against police last year, but only "fully" investigated 2 per cent of them, and will come under further pressure from another $6 million in budget cuts over the next four years. In 2018-19 the LECC received more than 1000 more complaints against police than its predecessor, the Police Integrity Commission, received in 2015-16 - an increase of 74 per cent in three years. "We are, so to speak, drinking from a firehose," chief commissioner Michael Adams QC wrote in his forward to the organisation's annual report, released on Friday. "Our budget position is challenging ... we were only able to fully investigate approximately 2 per cent [of complaints]. However, we continue to refine our processes and concentrate on addressing systemic issues."

In total, the LECC conducted 49 "full" investigations last financial year, up from 28 the previous year. As of June, the commission had 103 "ongoing investigations" - among them allegations of money laundering by a senior NSW Police officer with financial associations to a criminal entity, multiple "invasive" late-night bail checks and strip searches conducted in breach of the law. Last year it took an average of 24 days from the time LECC received a complaint to decide whether it warranted an investigation. Allegations of a sexual assault during a strip search at a Sydney metropolitan police station sparked an investigation codenamed Operation Karuka. No evidence of a sexual assault was uncovered, but "numerous breaches ... were indicated including the use of force to effect a strip search". In another investigation, the LECC examined the strip-searching of two witnesses to a "traumatic" incident. Following the incident, both people were taken to the nearest police station and strip-searched, despite only being witnesses to the event. The watchdog's investigation found the strip-search "did not appear to be justifiable" - however, a NSW Police investigation is ongoing. In 2018, the commission commenced six investigations into strip searches, examining if they were conducted on reasonable grounds, whether force was used appropriately and whether privacy was provided to the person. [b ]A police officer who conducted 19 strip-searches at last year's Splendour in the Grass told an LECC inquiry two weeks ago it was possible none of those searches were legal, and that only one revealed an item of interest: an antidepressant tablet.[/b] Mr Adams told the inquiry the police practice of requiring people to squat during searches - in order to inspect their genitals - had no basis in the police force handbook and may be unlawful.

In June, the Herald revealed an internal report from the force's Lessons Learned Unit (LLU) which conceded officers were exceeding their powers, in part because there was no clear definition of a strip-search in state legislation, leaving it up to individual officers to interpret the law. The LECC is tasked with investigating allegations of serious misconduct by NSW Police and NSW Crime Commission officers. It only deals with complaints considered serious misconduct and had about 100 tip offs from police or likely former officers last year. This year's state budget increased the "efficiency dividend" for the LECC, meaning it will have to find $6 million in savings over the next four years from its $22.3 million annual budget. Mr Adams, a former NSW Supreme Court judge, said the higher rate of required savings was "sad" and would hamper the commission's ability to do its job. "This will continue to impact the number of serious misconduct complaints we are able to
investigate, research projects that we undertake and NSW Police force misconduct investigations that we oversee," Mr Adams wrote.

A NSW Police spokeswoman acknowledged the recent reports published by LECC and said the force would consider all recommendations. She said a formal response would be provided to the LECC "in due course". A spokesman for Special Minister of State Don Harwin said the vast majority of complaints fielded by LECC did not warrant investigation by the commission and were "appropriately investigated by the police". The government was "always ready to work with independent agencies to ensure funding levels are adequate to meet operational requirements", the spokesman said.

Is this comedy? It's getting really hard to tell.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
The Whip: A safety measure.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/6472430/whip-to-stay-for-safety-racing-boss/?cs=14231

So should all people who feel threatened by the patriarchy have tazers so they can electro shock the groins of people who they feel in danger from? Well I say yes!

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Anidav posted:

I'm getting very distressed about all these scientists telling us every two weeks that we are all gonna die unless, society changes and no government measures any noticeable reaction.

Please someone do something?

Hello?
They are just trying to frighten the children, also they say that we have to reduce our meat consumption :scoff.gif: so it is all clearly part of the vegan new world order chemtrail mind control agenda that only Donald Trump can save us from.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Hmmm maybe it's the police who should have their phones searched?
Looking forward to the lack of a prosecution when a cop gets caught posting body cam strip search footage to Creepierjerkoffs.com

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

gotta poo posted:

Cry more, fatty.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
:itwaspoo:

Australia needs more high tech jet fighters like we need another open cut coal mine. You can come up with any number of 'reasons' to do it but it is ultimately silly and self defeating.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

AbortRetryFail posted:

I'd say thank you from a lurker as well but I'm scared of being put on his list of people to consistently call fat and friendless
I found becoming fat and friendless removed a large proportion of the anxiety.

Also lol at the Top Cop in road rage incident 'on the way to church'.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

bell jar posted:

please do not gently caress bees

the birds and the bees talk was not intended to be literal
If I had only know this thirty years ago. The saving in antihistamine alone!

fauna posted:

what do you think they'll do with the fire refugees once towns start burning? in america after the paradise fire the people who lost their houses/belongings/everything were basically just left to fend for themselves
Well the federal fuhrer (Be sure to remember them in your thoughts and prayers) is giving people who have lost their homes $1,000 each or $400.00 if a kid. You only have to phone centerlink.... Why didn't he just tell them to eat poo poo and die in a fire?

The Peccadillo posted:

First time the Pacific Highway has ever been shut down, apparently
Not true. The pacific highway is regularly shut due to flooding and I'm reasonably sure was shut due to a bushfire last year.

Recoome posted:

Honestly I just read the "yelled until something happened".

Also, anyone have any experience with the new single touch payroll? It seems good that there is a running reconciliation with the ATO over the course of the year, but what happens when something fucks up? Like if you have a large organisation with a semi-autonomous payroll program, what happens if the program fails and taxes someone wrong (like too much tax)?

Previous years this could be fixed at the company level, but if the money is continuously being sent to the ATO, I'm interested to see what would happen now/anyone's thoughts.
This STP (Suck The Pus) system is possibly the worst thought out and implemented program in the history of the ATO. It will cause data matching nightmares for all businesses for the foreseeable future and has no direct government portal to rectify errors. Such a Flaming Dumpster of a system that internal ATO policy is, wait for a few years before even thinking of checking compliance and accuracy of data as we could not possibly employ enough people to sought it out now.

Purk posted:

"They don't need the ravings of some pure, enlightened and woke capital city greenies at this time when they're trying to save their homes," deputy prime minister Michael McCormack said.
The whole of his speech is reprehensible and he deserves to be thrown from office for it.

https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/breakfast/deputy-pm-slams-raving-inner-city-lunatics/11691358

I accept no responsibility if anyone chokes the poo poo out of the walking dung pile after listening.

I am directly in the path of the Toorumbee Complex Complex fire and have evacuated important documents and pets. I spent last night in the house wondering how I would see the fire front through the dense smoke that was setting off fire alarms inside the house. I will keep an eye on the RFS site today before attempting to return (sans pets).

I was in Newcastle on the W/E and had to drive around fires to get there and (barely) made it back because the Halliday's Point fire only hours later closed the Pacific Highway north of Cundletown. Most notable were the enormous number of B-Doubles and normal semitrailers using the alternative access routes despite being specifically banned from it. They must have all been driven by pure, enlightened and woke capital city greenies. As obviously all the loving grey nomads in their caravans blocking RFS trucks... There aren't loving words.

Tomorrow is probably the day that will go down in history however (Coal Lovin' Tuesday?) Even whole towns like Macksville and Kempsey may go up in flames. Thoughts and loving prayers.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
The hell apocalypse fires may destroy all else that i care about but The Grid ™ will endure. I know this more surely than even your love of Ariel.

Also thanks all fro your good wishes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
While I expect it to be broadly ignored a lot of the worst of this will come out in the coroner's report on the three current fatalities. These inquiries are often the catalyst for change and the only way an official spotlight can be pointed at the guilty.

That Mayor's statement (Carol Sparks) ought to be unignorable and I would personally like to hear from the PM and the deputy PM in regard to it. Is she one of the 'pure, enlightened and woke capital city greenies'? gently caress You Michael McCormack and I hope and pray that you and Scummo are held to account for this bullshit. It would take a miracle for that to happen.