Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
The Bulldogs will three-peat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Hilarious that UND could get a home regional and probably will.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Me, looking at the WCHA

https://i.imgur.com/fDwFI2k.gifv

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Just imagine the smell of Michigan Tech.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Time for Jeopardy motherfuckers. For $2,000 here's your clue

A: https://i.imgur.com/mUNvebn.gifv

Q: what does Scott Sandelin's phone sound like?

Grand Theft Autobot fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Sep 28, 2019

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Hmmm

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Sandelin played each goalie for a period. Hunter gave up a goal, which was shocking in and of itself.

Obviously means nothing, just like that thumping Minnesota put on us opening weekend last year. I think we've lost 4 exhibition games in a row. This team has basically 0 weak points, and beating them in a meaningful game is going to be extremely difficult.

Stuff that happened that does matter:

Mikey Anderson leaving early to ride a bus around for one of the shittiest teams in the AHL meant Sandy needed to move the D pairs around. I thought the easiest thing to do would be moving Roehl up with Samberg, because Wolff and Perunovich have been a pair for 2 years. Instead, Perunovich is now paired with Samberg and Roehl with Wolff. Samberg plus Perunovich means Scotty can be himself, and Samberg has an underrated offensive game. Wolff will be good on defense with anyone, and I think Roehl can step into a bigger offensive role and elevate his game.

Freshmen Quinn Olson and Luke Loheit drew great reviews, which makes sense. Olson is a 3rd round pick and lit up the AJHL last year, Loheit is a 7th rounder but he's huge and just wins games, basically a prototypical Sandelin player who is going to piss everybody off who has to play against him. Overall, the forward group is even more complete than it was last year.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Tossing another banner into the rafters tonight

https://i.imgur.com/iiBauuY.gifv

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Getting the poo poo kicked out of us by UMass Lowell is.... unexpected...

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Scott Perunovich seems loving pissed this year and it owns. He took 7 shots and got 3 pts. He averaged about 1.5 shots a game the last two years, and it's one of two things that really holds his game back. His decision-making is generally really good. He can create space for himself really easily and it opens up shots for others, but there are usually two or three times every game that he dekes the poo poo out of somebody and should just take a shot, then he doesn't, and then I tell at TV like I'm the fuckin President.

The other thing that holds him back is his reluctance to get physical. He was out there loving people up this weekend and it absolutely ruled. He can win the Hobey.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Alright guys that's pretty funny we're not that bad right????????

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

How you gonna clown Denver and then go loving lose to Miami?

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

This year is incredibly weird so far. Mikey was probably a bigger part of our success last year than he gets credit for, and our new guys are having a really slow start.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I hope Luke Loheit can step it up in the last stretch here so I can deploy this bad boy

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

DJExile posted:

holy poo poo that's amazing lol

I don't think anyone has ever called him that (except me, naturally) but he went to Minnetonka HS, the Skippers. He famously skippered that team to a state title over Duluth East as a senior.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

The only thing anyone could have done to prevent a Bulldogs 3-peat.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/TrueHoser_LR/status/1238199481566474241?s=19

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Welp

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Scotty, Samberg, Richards gone early. Shepard and Wolffy graduated. Getting kind of emotional over here.

Then I remember that USCHO did a "simulation" of the Tournament and had Shep giving up 5 goals to ASU. Buddy, Shepard would have 2 more rings by the time he gave up 5 more goals in the Tournament.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

UND was loving nuts this year. I was really looking forward to the NCHC tournament

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Banners hang forever

Welcome to the club Scotty

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Troy Queef posted:

that's St Louis Blues prospect Scott Perunovich to you, sir

Probably gonna be my first authentic NHL jersey whenever the number gets announced.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

BUG JUG posted:

College Hockey: Mavericks 2020 Simulated National Champions

Gamebreaking bug

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Blake Biondi and Wyatt Kaiser signed their NLI's and are coming to UMD for the Fall. Gonna be a ridiculous year.

The other guys coming in are gonna be solid additions too, but those headliners are loving beasts.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/cjperson_1/status/1252266607730098178?s=19

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Looking forward to Navy making GBS threads its way to an Atlantic Hockey title and then bouncing an undefeated SCSU or Mankato team in round 1 of the Tournament.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

St Thomas is easily the most hateable team in the CCHA. I'm glad they didn't come in and gently caress up the UMD-SCSU hatefest. It would have been really hard to focus on how much I goddamn detest SCSU with the Tommies just sitting there stuffing cake into their smooth faces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

If you're depending on Gopher fans showing up you're gonna be disappointed.