Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Grape posted:

This seems perfectly Russian in either that being deliberately programmed, or the result of terrible workmanship because some mountain of funds did not go where it was supposed to.

It's the later. There should be a light curtain on all 4 sides that stop the robot arm from moving if anybody has a hand past the curtain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

The real reason it's okay to be sympathetic towards baseball players is the absolute fucker that takes place with service time and the minor leagues.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/camzilla51/status/1551381591733088258

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Howdy folks!

So we're going through and looking to reboot older, still fairly active threads. Would you all be ok with rebooting this one since the OP is about three years old? If so, can someone kindly make a new OP and get that started?

Thank you!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

oh poo poo, can't wait for 30 pages of goons reposting "the classics"

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Schad is on the forums designers, they discovered that they never fixed the Y2K bug for page count so they need a new thread before we break the whole forums down.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Also, to be clear, this is not an edict from on high. If it works for now it works for now, but eventually the DB is basically going to require a reboot so probably better to get it out of the way now rather than later.

e: beaten by Alucard lmao

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

You can close this thread when you pry it from my unsettlingly moist hands.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Skwirl posted:

No one knows off hand how big a gallon is compared to a pint

I guess baseballers aren't the only ones who forgot how to count to 4.

Just guys being dudes, nothing to see here.

DiHK fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jul 25, 2022

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

DiHK posted:

There are 8 pints in a gallon though??

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Fake news. :smugdon:

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

You can close this thread when you pry it from my unsettlingly moist hands.

What's your favorite moisturizer?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
You're not allowed to close threads, it's against sea law. I'm calling sea patrol on your asses.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Phuzun posted:

What's your favorite moisturizer?

Flop sweat and deli meat leavings.

LifeSunDeath posted:

You're not allowed to close threads, it's against sea law. I'm calling sea patrol on your asses.

It's hard to see but there's a gold fringe around the thread tag.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Alucard posted:

Schad is on the forums designers, they discovered that they never fixed the Y2K bug for page count so they need a new thread before we break the whole forums down.

Goshdarn, that is some 100% pure uncut homemade schadenfreude indeed.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

kazil posted:

There are 8 pints in a gallon though??
It varies. There's 6.66139 Imperial pints in a US gallon

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

DiHK posted:

Just guys being dudes, nothing to see here.

The interview that guy did about how he raced that robot for all humankind and that he’s a hero was also fantastic.

People that don’t think sports are fun haven’t played enough sports.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

"deciding if I would keep the EIDL or use it on my business"

Is he saying was just going to keep the small business loan for himself?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
A generous reading would be "spend it now on the business or hold onto it and just pay it back."

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

every 10 year old kid thinks: "But wait! I can just take out a loan to pay off my loan. I'll repeat this forever! Hahaha stupid bank!"

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Surely there would have been a more stable option than crypto for you to put half a million dollars your small business requires to function. File this one under “Fool and His Money”

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Yeah, this is just standard rich person business (borrow at 4% to invest at a 6% return), but crypto seems like a really bad way to do it at more than, like, day trader timelines. Especially any time in the last... 6 months.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

a lot of small business owners are (perhaps) shockingly stupid

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Oh lord, this reminds me of my Corgi. Dude loves to play fetch, but with a catch, he'll just sit next to the ball or whatever it is until you tell him to bring it back. Sometimes, though, and you could always see it in his eyes..he'll decide that "bring it back" meant "lower your head, turn into a dog-shaped bullet, and run at you at full speed giving you just enough time to say "OH FU-"" before he crashes into you. And then would go back to get the ball.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

kazil posted:

small business is its own kind of MLM.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Platystemon posted:

Ninety‐four percent of plant species have both male and female sex organs.

Please keel your Chlorophyll Race Theories to yourself. Lets keep this thread politcs free please.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Small business owners literally believe they are Christ reborn, risen to usher in a new age of God-like *checks notes* carpet cleaning and hookah setup.

Really of course they are worse than vermin, scum of the earth cursed by man and beast. Bringers of plague and pestilence such that all who know their name fear and despise them

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
"Loss"

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The only thing goons hate more than big corporations is small business owners

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

ilmucche posted:

The only thing goons hate more than big corporations is small business owners

are we supposed to love them? why, they only want to take our money, gently caress them.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Any source? I feel like the last one is a photoshop.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
Nope, just four pics from a tweet of one of those "funny pics" spam bots

Edit: Snopes says last pic is fake

Edit 2: Fake pic tax
https://i.imgur.com/ULFvjf6.mp4

Fart of Presto fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jul 25, 2022

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Fart of Presto posted:

Nope, just four pics from a tweet of one of those "funny pics" spam bots

Edit: Snopes says last pic is fake

Keep an eye on that bright yellow box on a pole in the foreground, the top of it turns red and teleports a few yards to the right of the pole in the final photo

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

kazil posted:

I'm pretty sure most small business owners work for themselves is because if they worked for someone else they would get fired.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
"islamabad weather" is a great misdirect.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

DiHK posted:

"islamabad weather" is a great misdirect.

It's raining men, Alhamdulillah.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

kazil posted:

oh poo poo, can't wait for 30 pages of goons reposting "the classics"

unironically the best part about rebooting threads.

Luna
May 31, 2001

A hand full of seeds and a mouthful of dirt

Skwirl posted:

Which is weird, because "testicle" is not the part of the genitalia I think of when I look at orchids.

I believe that is an Iris. and vagina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Skwirl posted:

I'm pretty sure most small business owners work for themselves is because if they worked for someone else they would get fired.

When I was a security consultant, I would get a lot of small business owners asking for advice. And the most common topic they wanted advice on was recording employees, because they were afraid their employees were poo poo talking them. The number of angry responses I got when I told them that covertly recording employee conversations without their knowledge or consent was illegal in every state. Watching grown adults have a melt down that their employees have some rights left was irritating. Dude, you're in management. Yes your employees poo poo talk you. Hell my boss is a good boss. He did the job, knows what we need, and does his best to cover us from corporate bullshit. But do we talk poo poo about him? Yes. Obviously. It's part of the job. Grow up.