Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

untapped.gg has a deck tracker app you can use to see what's still in your deck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

zoux posted:

It also has a thing that says how many lands you have on the board so you don't have to count em up

HOLY poo poo

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Kashuno posted:

That is a really busy card. I wonder how it works because I'm kinda confused on how I'm supposed to read it

the non-promo version will likely have reminder text explaining what the heck is happening here

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Yeah, what is that Welcome Home mechanic?

Oh, it’s just an activated ability they’re calling welcome home. Is that any different than a standard ability?

seems like it's not an ability called "welcome home" but a sorcery called "welcome home"

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Spiderdrake posted:

She becomes a Human Merfolk with a mind full of VENGEANCE. Make fun of me for being a wallflower, will you!

But so far this set is exactly what I wanted. Also I think the last version of Run Away Together was playable at 4U delve, that effect is more powerful than it looks.
Both effects are unreal if repeatable in limited. Making six power for seven mana is better than most late game topdecks.

Ability is going to be more complicated than that.

The last version of Run Away Together was Peel From Reality and it was roughly a C-

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

I wonder how many of the people that hate Teferi can't handle being outclassed by an educated black man, and how many are merely just scrubs that suck at magic the gathering.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

TheMaestroso posted:

Kinda blows that there aren't any free rewards past 75, or whatever level it is. Like, I get it, that's F2P games, but still - sucks that my EXP isn't getting me anything (I'm not gonna buy the mastery pass with real money).

you can buy it with gems, not real money

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

don't forget that if you max out your levels you'll get back 2000 gems from your 3400 investment

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Jabor posted:

Random question, how are you supposed to stop in your declare attackers step to do something before your opponent blocks? Full control didn't seem to do it.

once you enter combat the phase timer/map thing in the bottom right opens up, click the sword to set a stop in declare attackers.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

just because it exists as a deck type doesn't mean there will necessarily be a singleton queue.

you've been able to designate a deck as singleton for months now.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

fadam posted:

Christ almighty when are we getting more spoilers? This thread desperately needs new cards or another non-sex, non-criminal controversy to talk about.

Maybe just log out of the forums until Monday

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

PJOmega posted:

The decision to have each season dump you down two full divisions is nutters.

should it be more?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Ithle01 posted:

This would probably be less of issue if getting out of gold wasn't harder than getting out of platinum. Gold is an absolute bloodbath every month with a mix of tier one and almost tier one decks, but the sheer amount of diversity means you can get blind-sided by nonsense jank that just happens to hard counter your deck and drop rank or end up facing tier one decks piloted by good players that just don't have the time to grind. Last season it took me a week and a half to get from gold 1 to plat 4, but only three days to get from plat to diamond and that's a 'normal' month.

play best of 3

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

axeil posted:

Has there ever been a set without rare dual lands? That's a bold thing to do.

Maybe they're just trying to get us hyped up for the OG duals getting removed from the reserved list and printed at ultra mythic legendary rare status.

War of the Spark was a set that didn't have rare duals.

We just got a set of duals in M20 (M19 last year didn't have any).

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

DrSunshine posted:

Make lots of food tokens and bring them to life with Karn and whatever else turns things into artifact creatures! RAWR, I smash you with a giant walking pie!

EDIT: I love "Bake into a Pie". It's legit one of the silliest black cards I've ever seen.

My friend let me tell you about Noggin Whack

Lone Goat fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Sep 8, 2019

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

SageNytell posted:

Hi, I'm a big dumb idiot who only realized this game was a thing yesterday and wants to draft dinosaurs and pirates before they rotate because, well, big dumb idiot.
Am I missing something in the UI, or is there only Magic 2020 draft available?
I'm worried that I'm about a year and a half late. :ohdear:

Guilds of Ravnica draft is also available, but Ixalan drafts are long gone. It's for the best, Ixalan was a bad draft format, Rivals with Ixalan was somewhat better but still not very good.

There's more playable formats than just the three panes they show on the main screen. To access them, make sure this thing is toggled to the right

Then click the Play button bottom right and you'll see a full list of all available game modes.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Waffleopolis posted:

Trying to prep for tomorrow's Standard 2020 event, and Boros Feather seems to have most or it's power in place come rotation. Biggest blows are losing Adanto Vanguard and Reckless Rage.

Trying to figure out how to work around those losses. Here's a pile of card I have right now:

What would best to keep and cut? Swiftblade Vindicator (not shown) has a lot of swing to it if it goes off, and Fencing Ace is a lesser version but possibly usable, but they are also just fragile 1/1's. Sure Strike feels like an okay replacement for Reckless Rage as it can stop Deathtouch damage. Is there any room for Naya with Season of Growth and Giant Growth instead of infuriate? I would appreciate any help with this.

I'd def play Integrity//Intervention instead of Infuriate, and not play any Krenko or Uncaged Fury. Shock, too.

Not sure I like those 1/1 two drops but I think the only other options are Boros Challenger, Tomik (don't play more than 2 though), and... Skyknight Vanguard? Yikes. You could probably safely play an Aurelia or two.

Something like this?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Lost another 14 games in a row and thinking extremely dark thoughts about my opponents

if i ever lost 14 in a row i wouldn't think it's my opponent that was the problem

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

So the new event will include the cards we won as prizes in Brawl? I guess it makes sense to wean people off the rotating cards slowly but I don't know if I will devote too much energy to brewing at this point

yes, and i wouldn't bother crafting anything you're not planning on using in the new rotation

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

TipTow posted:

This is probably an impossible question to answer, but:

If my primary colors I play with are green and red, would crafting four Rampaging Ferocidons in anticipation of historic be a good idea? I've been pretty disciplined with not crafting wildcards--especially knowing/figuring/hoping? dual lands are in Eldraine--but I don't want to be staring down the barrel of 8 rares for a potentially staple red creature a few weeks from now.

They've confirmed there's no rare duals in Eldraine.

The wildcard price increase for historic isn't until November so you've got plenty of time to decide.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Some Numbers posted:

The 2020 event won't include checklands, right?

right, those are all gone with rotation

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Rexxed posted:

I like the idea of the event letting you use some of the cards a little early, but I don't like how clunky the deck building interface is while it's in its intermediate form. Can't filter for ELD cards yet there's a Standard 2020 format in the deck builder. At least some of my existing decks from the block constructed event still work.

you can filter for ELD cards by typing e:eld into the search parser

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

zoux posted:

What's the cheapest blink effect in Modern right now

Cloudshift costs W and can be yours for the low price of an American quarter

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Justin_Brett posted:

How do you pick one of these 'at random'?

flip a three sided coin

zoux posted:

I meant CMC lol

I said it costs W!!! :mad:

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Dracula Factory posted:

This event makes me feel like a jackass for buying the mastery pass. It's not good enough to play the game every day, you have to grind in this dumbass event to max out the rewards for the thing you bought and it's really made the game feel like a chore. Even if ELD turns out to be really fun there's no way in hell I'm buying another pass. Between that and the stupid historic stuff, I don't know if I can justify paying money for this game every new set to stay current, I might just fall back into the occasional f2p jank player.

You can play the game every three days and finish the mastery pass.

You can also wait to buy the mastery pass on the last day before it expires if you're not sure if you'll finish it on time.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

putting in bolt will not be a good call unless your intention is to invalidate like 90 percent of the playable creatures.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

Dude I’m not white and mulatto has been recognized as a slur since like 2010, what the gently caress are you talking about

the title of this thread also has a slur in it, maybe they thought it was a safe space to be a shithead?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

Honest question, how do you plan to solve a wildcard problem with your wallet? You can't buy those.

you can buy a rare wildcard for 1200 gems, and a mythic for 6000 gems, and you get the byproduct of 6/30 boosters worth of cards on top of that, including possibly more wildcards

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I've got a lot of Wild cards built up from the last time I played. Should I hold out for the rotation to figure out a deck to try and craft or would it be better to grab something kind of meta-y now?

the cards will cost the same before or after sep 26 so you might as well wait.

also you'll get all the new player theme decks for this past season on the same day.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Spiderdrake posted:

Let's look at Jund, apparently the #2 deck in modern by mtggoldfish's mysterious metrics

$1830 USD

Nice! Also the most expensive card was printed this year in a $7 a pack set.

Halo product wooooo

still not as bad as paying $700 to play burn in the same format

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Lagomorphic posted:

and we also don't have a complete picture of what the other cards in the set are to support it and we don't know what's coming down the line in future sets.

Yeah but that'll never stop the doofus that will pop off with :byodood: SET BAD???? having only seen half the cards.

there's a lot of seeds in this set for Theros 2 too, multiple cards that care about enchantments, and mana intensive costs for Devotion if it comes back.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Arivia posted:

I'm going to miss Merfolk.dec after rotation. I don't think it's good enough for Historic. :smith:

well it wasn't good enough for standard so things aren't gonna get better with the addition of more cards

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Gonna try using Finale of Eternity, kill 3 for 1BB seems fun

I wish! I was asking earlier what I'm gonna need to use after rotation instead of my trusty Cast Down/Moment of Craving/Vraska's Contempt spot removal package. I have a pair of Ob Nix's Cruelty for the bigger ones. I killed a bird with it so I should have gotten bonus points for being on flavor point

that adventure knight that kills a planeswalker or creature for bb1 and 2 life

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Hammer Bro. posted:

Also feels weird to still be bronze in draft. Four Heart-Piercer Bows and two Renowned Weaponsmith oughtta win more than one round in draft.

Don't think 6 spells 34 land is going to be win much of anything.

(show us the deck)

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Edit: A Wolf Deck will work, I just know it, that's my goal for the new set

eagerly anticipating another post where you complain about having lost 20 straight games in the casual queue

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

No Wave posted:

I thought rotation proof just meant your cards would still be legal in the format.

It does.

The deck will still be legal, no guarantees it'll be any good. It's a minor nitpick, but you know how people can be.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Huxley posted:

Does this Momir event have 1k for the first win?

nope, it's a paid event with bad prize payout, like last time.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Buy a ticket for $1 from the store but they have a grey market rate of uhhh, 80-90 cents?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Arglebargle III posted:

Should I spend wildcards on Field of the Dead or do you think it's going to eat a ban?

if it eats a ban, you'll get your wildcards back AND get to keep the fields, so go hog wild.

i've been playing field and getting thrashed by UG flash in the 20 queue so if you're just looking to beat it, try that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Naya Feather's mana is going to stink like hot garbage without checklands though.