Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Breakback speed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Is Lowtax even okay I haven't seen him post in a while.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

Supreme Allah posted:

Is Lowtax even okay I haven't seen him post in a while.

He does a lot of shitposting on Facebook

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

wow he's finally entering early 2010

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

He unpressed the turbo button, didn't he.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I marked my favourite online website with an X

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Okay maybe not THIS slow, what do they have for, say, fifty bucks a month

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
lowtax flip the good internet switch back on goddamnit

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
this is poopy, someone DO SOMETHING

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Okay maybe not THIS slow, what do they have for, say, fifty bucks a month

The Moleman Seed bell gif seems appropriate at the moment.

edit: I'm not posting it because it would bring the forums down.

Father Wendigo fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Oct 11, 2019

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
welp

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thought of this thread when the forums take 10 seconds to load a page

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837378&pagenumber=33#post499053045

It's probably another re-indexing or whatever passes for maintenance around here.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Hipster_Doofus posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837378&pagenumber=33#post499053045

It's probably another re-indexing or whatever passes for maintenance around here.

it was bad and i were scared

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Breakback speed

Slowerrrrr!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's infrastructure week at the lowtax ranch

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

You really made cloudflare mad, lowtax

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

You really made cloudflare mad, lowtax

forums dying cloudfare

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
What if we speed up the forums on our own?

Can we port something or hone the forums' cylinders and install a beefier lower end? idk, it always seems to work in those racing movies.

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost
Why don’t we just get some new crazy unreliable programmers to code the features we need for xenforo and literally just archive everything? Tbqh do we really need archives so bad? I think it would be interesting to see how many page loads the archives get.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Does the forum ever go down and you think "well, this is it, this is the big one, lowtax didn't pay the bills and ran off"

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Nah, man, don't pay that poo poo

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

935 posted:

Does the forum ever go down and you think "well, this is it, this is the big one, lowtax didn't pay the bills and ran off"

I just assume he's posting on another forums and has forgotten about us. I think bodybuilding.com :(

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

935 posted:

I always think daddy finally left for that pack of cigarettes

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
A 503 error, stamping on a face forever.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

UltraRed posted:

I just assume he's posting on another forums and has forgotten about us. I think bodybuilding.com :(
Then he comes back when bodybuilding.com does not have a cyberware subforum for installing a new spine. Wrong kind of bodybuilding.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
i'm just mad we don't have a custom 503 error page when the site goes down

btw, don't forget lowtax has a patreon for a podcastwith another dude you can subscribe to: https://www.patreon.com/GamingGarbage

give the dude some money

DB Pooper
Mar 27, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does lowtax have one of those chair escalators for his stairs like an old person?

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

DB Pooper posted:

Does lowtax have one of those chair escalators for his stairs like an old person?

Yeah and he installed the forums extra speed on that and now it's really dangerous

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Lowtax, I'd appreciate it if you don't re-elect Donald Trump, so please make whatever decision is most in keeping with that imo

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
talked to him recently and hes not doing super well right now which really sucks. More spine bullshit

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

talked to him recently and hes not doing super well right now which really sucks. More spine bullshit

who?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Donald Trump

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Big Beef City posted:

Donald Trump

you hate to see it

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Sad!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Asking for more money? What did you do with the $30 I donated six months ago? Don't tell me you've spent it all already.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Can we go back to 56k modem speed? And can the each page lead with the modem sound?

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

What did you do to him??

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I think you should use the $3000 a month for your spine. Or if you want to spend it on the forums then use it to hire a coder to make them run better and not need to be reindexed every two weeks to keep them from exploding. Giving the money to cloudflare seems like a waste though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

What if you bought like half a spine and then spent the rest on making things pretty fast, but not super fast.