Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Please slow down the reports. Thank you boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Burt Sexual posted:

Reported

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Lol

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

The forums are actually too fast honestly. It moves really fast and it scares me. We should really slow it down actually because I think someone is going to end up hurt at these speeds.

:agreed:

It’s quite frightening indeed. Humans are not meant to browse at such accelerated speed.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Hell no

Plus, I literally haven't noticed any difference

crabcakes dogg
Aug 8, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Burt Sexual posted:

wait there's a select all box right like in email?

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Slow it down so you can get more hearty apples for your children.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

I've noticed the speed but IMHO the speed before wasn't "bad" so nah, not worth it.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Edgar posted:

Slow it down so you can get more hearty apples for your children.

some granny smiths, a few Mcintoshes. Falls coming, that's candy apple season.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Can't imagine it's really doing that much in a mostly text based web forum! The forums have always been pretty fast (except when the poo poo breaks).

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Burt Sexual posted:

Slow down the reports but expand the character limit.

I'd like to be able to explain the real problem with the post and poster I'm mad at in the form of an essay.

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin
I haven't noticed a difference. I don't think its worth it.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm barely literate and it takes me nearly an hour to read each post.
I dictated this to a man MY NAME IS CHARLES AND I LIVE HERE in the park.
Please slow it down

OR DON'T THIS FOOL DON'T BUY ME NO HOT DOG LIKE HE SAID PS THIS IS CHARLES I'M TAKING THIS drat PHONE

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

AdmiralViscen posted:

I can barely tell the difference tbh

Can you run it at half the original speed for two weeks to get the $1500 back

And if you ask for the money back, will the forums run in reverse?

If so, please reverse most of the last decade, there's some things I want to do differently tia

failing that please just take us off turbo and save the money

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

*slaps forums on the side*

This model has the extra forum speed upgrade

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Supreme Allah posted:

some granny smiths, a few Mcintoshes. Falls coming, that's candy apple season.

Actually Honeycrisps are the only decent apple around. Probably gonna have to cut down the forum speed even more to afford em, unfortunately.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Loden Taylor posted:

And if you ask for the money back, will the forums run in reverse?

If so, please reverse most of the last decade, there's some things I want to do differently tia

failing that please just take us off turbo and save the money

Every one of my posts is a carefully crafted four-layers-of-irony-or-deeper masterpiece with two hidden meanings and a literary reference, and making them all again would be like destroying a priceless painting and demanding the original artist just repaint it from memory.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Just add loot boxes to the forums problem solved

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Arrhythmia posted:

Jesus loving christ no OP
Yeah I know that's the obvious answer but I just wanted to let you guys know that, even though I'm not around posting, I'm still trying to do poo poo to improve The Something Awful Forum Browsing Experience, Now In Stereo Sound. I didn't want anybody to think I was abandoning the place, and I've been actively trying to find ways to functionally make poo poo better for you all. Right now my current issue is that our previous admin, ZDR, took $4,000 from me and then stopped all communication and blocked me, and he did not deliver the server documentation I asked him for, so when and if I find another sysadmin who does not get addicted to opioids and steal my loving money, they can understand how this spaghetti factory of code and VMs all work together. gently caress

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Though I'm not shitposting 24/7, I haven't noticed any difference. Save the money for your medical bills!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Slow down the reports but expand the character limit.

I'd like to be able to explain the real problem with the post and poster I'm mad at in the form of an essay.

You and I have a...problem

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Lowtax posted:

Yeah I know that's the obvious answer but I just wanted to let you guys know that, even though I'm not around posting, I'm still trying to do poo poo to improve The Something Awful Forum Browsing Experience, Now In Stereo Sound. I didn't want anybody to think I was abandoning the place, and I've been actively trying to find ways to functionally make poo poo better for you all. Right now my current issue is that our previous admin, ZDR, took $4,000 from me and then stopped all communication and blocked me, and he did not deliver the server documentation I asked him for, so when and if I find another sysadmin who does not get addicted to opioids and steal my loving money, they can understand how this spaghetti factory of code and VMs all work together. gently caress

I don't know anything about system thingies but I'm sorry that he took your money and also the goons money and left that's really rude

jimmy mnemonic
Jan 9, 2007

Fun Shoe
I haven't noticed a difference. Thanks for asking OP!

crabcakes dogg
Aug 8, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Lowtax posted:

i mean you can if yo u want but i personally wouldn't bother,

oh except you should give out funny avs to people that would own

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
Eh just scrap the site altogether and we'll all move en masse to Facebook so we can cuck the Zucc

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Burt Sexual posted:

You and I have a...problem

Okay, fine, I'll only cite reputable sources next time.

No more Wikipedia entries. Knew this place had higher standards than that, but I was short on time.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Lowtax posted:

I didn't really notice anything different in terms of speed. I think the important thing is stability.

Soo does ZDR still have any sort of administrative access to the forums? I hope you changed passwords and all that poo poo.

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

have you tried recharging the jo crystals? Does that help with speed?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Would it cost anything for you to give me back my cool 1969 reg date you gave me that ZDR took away strictly because he personally dislikes me I really miss that

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Turn it down even more and bring back 56k warnings on image heavy threads

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Tane posted:

have you tried recharging the jo crystals? Does that help with speed?

I think he needs help with that you should help late at night when he's sleeping with the crystal in his living room

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Lowtax posted:

Serious-talk, I don't think anyone really thinks you abandoned it. People joke about it, sure, but that's just our way. As long as the light's still on, the place is running, and the weirdos get banned, it's not abandoned.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

is there a way to invoice cloudflare $3000 instead? i bless for you

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

So ZDR did in fact scam Lowtax and a lot of goons.

Turn off Turbo Mode, I honestly haven't noticed a difference.

MissFortune
Feb 15, 2009

The kind of fortune that never misses.

Owlbear Camus posted:

Turn it down even more and bring back 56k warnings on image heavy threads

:emptyquote:

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Just launch the new forum and we'll migrate over any posts we need by hand.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

What's with programmers loving over fellow goons all the time

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Rubellavator posted:

That doesn't seem worth it

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I would just like to make it clear that I am neither a computer programming nor a scam artist, all of my cold spaghetti money went to paying my rent and for my kids diapers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Programming is soulless work and self-selects for cunts