Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Lowtax posted:

Yeah I know that's the obvious answer but I just wanted to let you guys know that, even though I'm not around posting, I'm still trying to do poo poo to improve The Something Awful Forum Browsing Experience, Now In Stereo Sound. I didn't want anybody to think I was abandoning the place, and I've been actively trying to find ways to functionally make poo poo better for you all. Right now my current issue is that our previous admin, ZDR, took $4,000 from me and then stopped all communication and blocked me, and he did not deliver the server documentation I asked him for, so when and if I find another sysadmin who does not get addicted to opioids and steal my loving money, they can understand how this spaghetti factory of code and VMs all work together. gently caress

whats the best way to donate to you where patron or credit card processing or w/e doesn't take 20% of the funds? or is buying avatars and stuff pretty low in terms of fees? do you get the full $5/$10 from that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Save the dough, bro. Didn't notice poo poo.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Xaris posted:

whats the best way to donate to you where patron or credit card processing or w/e doesn't take 20% of the funds?

Send a check to Richard Lowtax in Missouri

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

When this website is slow for me it's always a Google/Twitter/Imgur/whatever site issue that's making pages load slow.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Sid Vicious posted:

Send a check to Richard Lowtax in Missouri

i'm a millennials whats a check

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Noticed nothing in terms of forum speed. I'm a computer and internet toucher.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

what a scam. just give me $1000 instead. the forums speed will remain unaffected but at least one person will be happier in the end

crabcakes dogg
Aug 8, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

whats the best way to donate to you where patron or credit card processing or w/e doesn't take 20% of the funds? or is buying avatars and stuff pretty low in terms of fees? do you get the full $5/$10 from that?

buy sid a pizza (extra cheese!)

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Xaris posted:

i'm a millennials whats a check

Ligma balls

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
have you consulted jeff k on this decision. iirc he knows a lot about computers

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

As long as whatever computer server box the Rowdy Trout is living in is still turned on I think I am content, op

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
also i honestly didn't notice, so i would guess ludicrous speed may not be worth it. theres probably a difference but they seem about as fast as usual to me

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Can we go plaid for even more money?

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

*lowtax goes flying across the room and explodes his neck*
No, go past this part. In fact never play this again

Mr. Sloth
Jun 5, 2004

GIMME DEM PIZZA PIES
Turn it off and lend me the money.

Also, was ZDR really just radium again under a different name?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Totally not worth it.

Sucks that the xenforo migration never happened. I got the sense that it would have eliminated a lot of the bullshit going on behind the scenes with whatever godawful hacked together version of vbulletin or whatever this forum runs on.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

honestly i'm more surprised that the Be More Faster toggle in Cloudflare is only $750/wk

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Go for the even slower speed so that more posts happen while I endlessly refresh these forums over the next 16 years

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice
Did your prior admins put like PayPal integrated features into crontab scripts named kdjfksskfif.sh spread across 20 randomly named servers on different Linux distros?

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.
i'd rather have slower forums than no forums, its all good man

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

It's nice but not thousands of dollars nice.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I can't even remember to tell the difference so prob not

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
The forums were faster??? Did you make me realize I have a lovely ISP and have a very low bar of what I consider "fast internet forums"

Forums seem fine. Save money, gently caress bitches, drink drugs, be gay.

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe
I'll donate some moola when my check comes. I'm not anywhere near rich but I suppose instead of hoarding even more expensive rare plants that I could push some of that dough your way. Slow this poo poo down, just reading about that bill made my rear end in a top hat clench, and not in the good way.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Chiming in to say I didn't notice the speed at all either and I don't think it's worth it.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Lowtax posted:

Yeah I know that's the obvious answer but I just wanted to let you guys know that, even though I'm not around posting, I'm still trying to do poo poo to improve The Something Awful Forum Browsing Experience, Now In Stereo Sound. I didn't want anybody to think I was abandoning the place, and I've been actively trying to find ways to functionally make poo poo better for you all. Right now my current issue is that our previous admin, ZDR, took $4,000 from me and then stopped all communication and blocked me, and he did not deliver the server documentation I asked him for, so when and if I find another sysadmin who does not get addicted to opioids and steal my loving money, they can understand how this spaghetti factory of code and VMs all work together. gently caress

Did you piss off a witch or something?

fake edit: I didn't notice the speed changes either.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Mr. Sloth posted:

Turn it off and lend me the money.

Also, was ZDR really just radium again under a different name?

Zen Death Radium

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Xaris posted:

The best way to help fund is by buying forums poo poo. Our CC processor and gateway only end up taking around 5% fees.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress the cloudflare speed, I didn't notice poo poo

Lowtax posted:

Right now my current issue is that our previous admin, ZDR, took $4,000 from me and then stopped all communication and blocked me, and he did not deliver the server documentation I asked him for, so when and if I find another sysadmin who does not get addicted to opioids and steal my loving money, they can understand how this spaghetti factory of code and VMs all work together. gently caress

Wow that sucks

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I honestly didn't notice the speed difference. Save the money, man!

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

Sid Vicious posted:

Dude, Richard, just let the forums run at normal speed, that is absolutely insane and I for one appreciate you asking and I think I speak for everyone when I say don't go spending that much money especially with what is happening with your health and the fact that you have another kid and stuff dude. I'm coming out of my dumbass retard troll shell to say we do not need the extra speed my man

That is well said Sid.
I'm on satellite, it sucks either way, can't tell a difference.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Lowtax posted:

The best way to help fund is by buying forums poo poo. Our CC processor and gateway only end up taking around 5% fees.

Is there a way for you to add a donation option to the forums store where people can input whatever amount they want to give you or anything like that, I realize front end stuff is hard so if not would you suggest people just purchase like av certs etc and give em out or something like that?

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
Yeah I can tell when reindexing kicks in and things get really slow but lately things have seemed normal. Save the dough.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I didn't notice it was faster until you said something. Definitely not worth it.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Sid Vicious posted:

Is there a way for you to add a donation option to the forums store where people can input whatever amount they want to give you or anything like that, I realize front end stuff is hard so if not would you suggest people just purchase like av certs etc and give em out or something like that?

There is a Donate link, I assume that uses the same cc/gateway processor? 5% isn't bad then. https://secure.somethingawful.com/products/donate.php

But yeah I'd be down for being able to bulk purchase AV certs just to hand out. E: THERE IS! holy poo poo!!

Xaris fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Sep 4, 2019

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Every time I load these forums letter by letter, I loving shake with excitement. This crazy speed is taking away my one high please stop Richard

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Lowtax you definitely have my permission to not spend 3000 dollars each month in fact you have my permission to get as wealthy as possible just go nuts with it.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Pull up lowtax, pull up, pull up

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sid Vicious posted:

Come to the lurker thread. Buy avs and plat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Burt Sexual posted:

Come to the lurker thread. Buy avs and plat

Oh I don't have any money Burt I'm trying to convince someone to buy me a pizza I just meant for those who are able, I'm helping in my own way. Everyone who has loads of money please go and buy lots of avs and plat for folks and hell buy your grandma an account. Also buy me a pizza lol