Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
As someone who got all 4 wisdom teeth taken out last month, I understand the need and desire to just sit around doing nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
I was lucky enough not to get pain or swelling, but it was still sort of eating into my sleep and I had to drink some energy stuff to keep myself from just slumping around.

Also for those interested in the Nioh series the PS4 Open Beta for Nioh 2 opens up Nov 1 to Nov 10. It seems to be rolling across timezones so if you're in Australia you can get it right now and everywhere else once it hits Nov 1. Aside from having all the weapons from Nioh: Complete Edition there's also two new weapons in the form of the Twin Hatchets (twin-axes you can throw) and a Switch-Glaive (weird looking scythe that changes its form when you change stances). The Switch-Glaive scales off magic, which means now there's an onmyo magic build weapon just waiting to be exploited. Beating the Open Beta's levels will give you a unique piece of headgear when you get the game once it releases in what appears to be March.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Just swinging in to remind people that Nioh is now free with PlayStation Plus this month if you haven't played it yet.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Episode 11

Well at least one mission had to be the least interesting main mission in the game and this one is it. It honestly wouldn't be too bad if not for the fact that the level's boss decided to have a competition with this region's other main mission boss for who could be the worst boss fight in the game. This one still won.

I've included all the entries for this particular boss in its profile update specifically because it does not appear at any other point in the game, which necessitates playing this level three times to get its lore.

Episode 11: “The Silver Mine Writhes” - Youtube | Polsy

Amrita Memories
Iwami's Fortune Stones from “The Silver Mine Writhes”
Glittering Stones of Seduction from “The Silver Mine Writhes”
Mine of Death from “The Silver Mine Writhes”

Yokai

Dweller
Entry 2

Great Centipede – The poisonous conditions of the Iwami-Ginzan Silver Mine coupled with its hidden reserves of Amrita created strange rocks that expelled a dense fog of choking gas that killed many miners. Compounding on this terrible event the spirit of a centipede of ancient origins exerted its influence upon many of these stones to construct itself a new body so that it may feed once more on flesh. Now otherwise inert poison-belching stones scurry through the tunnels of the mine at the whim of an undead insect intelligence.
Entry 1
Entry 2
Entry 3

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
when you get to the maximum nerd question in this episode, i want it on record that roboky ambushed me with that question and i had no idea it was coming.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Coolguye link the meltdown video

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwaudxkKkzs&t=127s

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

yesssssssss

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

I fuckin' hate treaties.

Ben Kasack
Dec 27, 2010

I honestly thought RoboKy was going to start foaming at the mouth by the end there with his level of hatred.

gently caress treaties.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Episode 12

Today we're going to scoop up those two Guardian Spirits we didn't choose at the beginning of the game, and then in a few days I'll upload another episode cause this one and the next one are actually a little short. Not sure why I split them up. Must be all the paint I huff.

Episode 12 “The Three Angry Gods” - Youtube | Polsy

Yokai

Onyudo (Fire, Water, Lightning, Earth, Wind) – Their name meaning “giant priest”, the Onyudo is a monk that has fallen to temptation and indulged in their worldly desires to the point that they have ceased to be human. They direct their colossal strength not merely through their large fists but also using their bizarre prehensile tongue, both hands and tongue charged with elemental energies that leave any survivors of their brutal assaults afflicted with additional impairment.
Entry 1

Guardian Spirits

Isonade
Daiba-Washi

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib
The tonfas are pretty but dangerous!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Even Japan knows that even the wind will kill horses.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Episode 13

Here's the short one I promised to throw in as an extra. Tome has a request for us and you know how we feel about Tome!

Episode 13 “The Magatama of Fire” - Youtube | Polsy

Characters

Senji Tome
Entry 2: Give 1 of Kagatsuchi's Magatama to Tome

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Yeah the silver mine is the low point of the game for sure, I have no idea what the Nioh level people were doing.

Going from London to
Burning Village (eh),
cave,
shrine/underground temple (basically another cave),
and mine (POISON CAAAVE! :argh:)

is just.. not a good decision. People struggling with the combat are not going to be convinced to keep playing with the blah enviroments.

Which is a shame as the level designs get :krad: from here on out. The next main level looks AMAZING, it's just the boss that's... oof.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Nioh really doesn't do the "Giant Boss" thing too well and never does it stick out more than this region where they're the only bosses and they're both pretty suck. But yeah the level itself is a stand-out level coming up. Looks great and also just messes your poo poo up. Love it.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

On sharks being cute, nurse sharks are pretty up there in the ranking. Their faces are all rounded and they have lil barbels.
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/fish/n/nurse-shark/

And some sharks "sleep" in piles, like puppies.
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news/2017/08/whitetip-reef-sharks-sleeping-mexico-video-spd/

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

i remember when i was a kid i always found it really addled that nurse sharks were still dangerous despite being called nurse sharks

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Episode 14

It's time for a very cool level! But also time for another boss that isn't really that fun. This is the duality of man, or something. Maybe just the duality of water levels. Regardless of whose duality this is, William can't leave until he takes care of this big blob of water summoning storms.

Just like before, this level's boss is not one we'll ever see again so all three of its entries are going up now.

Episode 14 “The Ocean Roars Again” - Youtube | Polsy

Characters

Kobayakawa Hideaki – For much of his life Hideaki has gotten the short end of the stick from his fellows, with much of it being no fault of his own it has left him bitter and self-indulgent. Yet now as war looms on the horizon, this maligned and discarded young lord finds himself set to decide the fate of a nation.
Entry 1: Clear “The Ocean Roars Again”

Memories

The Island Shrine from “The Ocean Roars Again”

Yokai

Lesser Umi-bozu – Drowning is a miserable fate for a samurai, and the grudge that persists after their passing is no less so. Now they persist as animated bodies of water that seek to share this fate with others in turn.
Entry 1

Umi-bozu – This massive yokai is a master of the seas, and it is said that they can summon great storms at will. The huge chunk of Amrita that makes up its core grants the Umi-bozu incredible energy, and from its body it can shape itself crushing limbs, or draw up debris from the depths to hurl at its foes.
Entry 1
Entry 2
Entry 3

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

more like umi-BOREzu haha but seriously big bosses really are kind of annoying in this game

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Coolguye posted:

more like umi-BOREzu haha but seriously big bosses really are kind of annoying in this game

Umi-Bozu is probably the best of the big bosses. We've seen the drat centipede which is bad but there is another big one thats just.. The worst.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

and even big bozu has a lot of problems; like i mentioned in the thread, he is super racist against people who use weapons with short range, so stuff like the axe, the dual katanas, and the tonfas are going to have an incredibly bad time with him. during our streams i really struggled with him because my chosen weapons were the axe and...the dual katanas. :cripes:

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
Just starting the video and I noticed you had a lot of Kodama already. I could have sworn in an earlier video you said you had to find all of them for each major level.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

cokerpilot posted:

Just starting the video and I noticed you had a lot of Kodama already. I could have sworn in an earlier video you said you had to find all of them for each major level.

If I said "level" I misspoke, it's actually for each region we visit that the Kodama counter resets.

Tzarnal posted:

Umi-Bozu is probably the best of the big bosses. We've seen the drat centipede which is bad but there is another big one thats just.. The worst.

I feel like the higher our level gets and the larger our tool-kit gets the less atrocious fighting these big bosses gets. But I do disagree on the "best" title for the Umi-bozu. I find some of the other ones far less obnoxious.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
This is about the point in the game the Full Ninjutsu build started hella paying off for me. The size of it was, Big Bozu's first phase was pretty manageable after a few tries, and the second seemed like complete bullshit, but not so much bullshit that he could shrug off a full bag of kunai to the face.

My favourite thing about the first phase is that the game very obviously wants you right up in the big idiot's face comboing away in his big dumb eyes, but every now and then a combo might take you through the invisible wall that he puts up at the edges of the platform and you'll just die.

I'll say I don't like Nioh's bosses very much, on the whole, especially the big ones but there were a whole lot generally that I found just really irritating. They almost certainly weren't helped by being in a Souls game, of course.

(I feel that I would absolutely love Nioh if it could just... not do the Souls bloodstain thing, or the Diablo loot thing, and just be content to be a difficult action game like Ninja Gaiden. It's so well conceived on those terms, and then it just has all this other stuff heaped on top of it and I feel like it'd be so much better if it ejected the cruft and played to its signature strength.)

Fedule fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Nov 25, 2019

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

i said something similar about shovel knight.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

I like what Nioh has going, personally. The loot, the souls-like stuff and the cool combat. It's a giant toy box and poo poo just goes everywhere but I think that's why I like it so much. But yeah most of the time with Nioh I see people saying the same thing, and I'm just... the target audience.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
This boss was like the only boss in the base game that I think is a lovely slog it unless you specifically gear up to deal with it when the rest of them can be dealt with however. The level itself, tho, is very good.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I like what Nioh has going, personally. The loot, the souls-like stuff and the cool combat. It's a giant toy box and poo poo just goes everywhere but I think that's why I like it so much. But yeah most of the time with Nioh I see people saying the same thing, and I'm just... the target audience.

I contend that Nioh would be equally deep - quite possibly deeper - a toy box without quite so much of a constant flow of loot and a few less RPG mechanics.

(I meant for this to be a short post, but, uh, I got a bit carried away for which I apologise)

Consider the amount of possibility in just the weapons. Your light and heavy attack flows, a handful of Combos, your charge attacks, the occasional weird skill technique, your block, dodge, and ki pulse, all times three because of how differently these things all behave in different stances, and all times seven across the different weapon types. Pile on top of this your assorted Ninjutsu and Omnyo skills and all the different ways you can build those, and your guardian spirit. So far, this rules unbelievably.

Nioh has like twenty different ways one sword can marginally differ from the next, three different stats your sword scales off on at different rates (which is going to change how you level up), and a variety of little passive things you might care about. The end result of this is that when you decide it's time to upgrade your sword, you have about fifty billion options to choose from, and, let's be honest, you're going to sort all your swords by level, and choose something from the top with one familiar passive, and mulch everything else into money or amrita or materials. And oh, what materials they'll be. Blacksmithing in Nioh is labyrinthine for absolutely no god drat reason, with like five different interlocking systems that between them all boil down to rerolling one sword you like the look of until some of the passives on it seem vaguely synergistic or you run out of material. It's All Entirely Too Much. This constant barrage of new swords and possible swords just completely washes over you. Sometimes it's fun to nerd out over optimising a build but ultimately there's only so many hours in the day and maybe it'd be nice to actually do a level at some point.

This would be fine if it were possible to pick a set of equipment you like and stick with it, but it's not, because the nature of this kind of loot system is that it forces you to be constantly churning through stuff, so you are heavily disincentivised from trying to keep a constant set of favourite equipment. Possibly the most single spiteful system in all of Nioh is the Soul Match, which nominally will let you keep your pet equips up to date stat-wise with the constant influx of replacements, but scales dramatically in cost every time you use it until you give up in despair. It never stops; there is no endgame, there is only, uh, stop me if I'm remembering this wrong, five escalating new game plusses with two entire loot levels gated behind them.

Remember when we were gifted with the unique and characteristic sword Raikiri, the Lightning Cutter? Wow! That was cool! Too bad that sword is immediately poo poo, so if we liked its style we'll have to find or forge a big pile of replacement Raikiris.

What's it all for? You tinker a little bit and you can maybe kill guy X in one less hit or take one more before dying, but then you progress and everyone's numbers are higher and you're basically right back where you started. The difficulty of each individual level is, 99% of the time, just going to be what it is, and you'll pretty much always be at a constant level of power relative to your foes, even if the exact shape of your power changes dramatically, until you move on to the next stage that gives multiplicatively more EXP (unless you step far beyond the level recommendations, at which point you'll either die in four hits or take a couple times as many minutes to kill the enemies who can deal 5000% of your health in one hit instead of 500%).

You'll note that nobody complains (this vehemently) about any of this stuff in, oh, say, Borderlands, even though the systems function basically identically there. Well, okay, there are some ways it could possibly be more harmonious, and it definitely shares the Too Many Bazillions Of Guns problem, but, here's the thing; in Borderlands, that's what you're there for. That's the entire game. Nobody is under any delusion about any of this, least of all the game. But Nioh. Nioh is a fantastic action game, full of technical possibility, set against great level design, fantastic setpieces (mines aside) and an interesting historical plot. Everything that could possibly be compelling about a Diablo-style loot system runs directly contrary to everything that's actually great about Nioh, which, lest we forget amid all my complaining, is a lot.

I've gone on longer than I meant to already and I meant to talk about things other than just weapons, like armour and stats and all that, in this slight rantpost, so let me just plainly state that it is entirely possible to have an action game that combines deep technical systems, consistently balanced (and adjustable) difficulty, constant honing of player skill, meaningful character build possibilities, variously harmonious and dissonant gear combinations, tactical depth, and cosmetic customisation, all of which gradually increase throughout the game - but which are still above all straightforward to manage and not constantly withheld from players but just given, generously, to them without having to spend hours faffing around at the blacksmith, like a good toybox should.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
I seem to be alone in this, but I consider this to be the single worst level in the entire game. Instant death pitfalls in games that rely on mobility as much as this one loving suck and this entire level felt like you couldn't dodge twice in the same direction without a quick trip back to the shrine.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I like it, but I'm a sucker for ocean monsters in general so I found the boss impressive enough to get past the design flaws. I also like the level's non-linearity where they just give you an open area and it is up to you to choose how to tackle it.

Now the next story mission, that can go gently caress right off.

Fedule posted:

Everything that could possibly be compelling about a Diablo-style loot system runs directly contrary to everything that's actually great about Nioh, which, lest we forget amid all my complaining, is a lot.
This is a pretty great point and indicates what I think is a pretty big thematic failure. You get to meet all those famous people, wield all those famous weapons, bond with all those famous spirits - and they all feel completely loving interchangeable. The pile of legendary swords you end up with, the amount of spirits most of which end up being immediately outclassed and never used, the sheer amount of filler missions - Nioh goes for quantity over quality. And that is a pretty drat shallow approach when you are handling historical events.

You can even see it in the story - they managed to stuff a veritable Who's Who of Sengoku-era characters in there but most of those will have only a couple of lines and you will forget they existed the moment you move out of their region; if not for the silly armors, the various samurai warlords would be interchangeable as well.

I guess what I'm saying is that in a lot of parts of Nioh, less would be more.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Nov 27, 2019

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Episode 15

Training montages and a gauntlet run are the order of the day today, as William advances his craft and we help out that wacky little guy named Kobayakawa Hideaki.

Episode 15: The Way of the Adept Training and “The Bridge of Bone” - Youtube | Polsy

Characters

Marume Nagayoshi
Entry 2: Complete “Way of the Warrior: Adept”

Kobayakawa Hideaki
Entry 2: Complete “The Bridge of Bone”

Fedule posted:

I contend that Nioh would be equally deep - quite possibly deeper - a toy box without quite so much of a constant flow of loot and a few less RPG mechanics.

(I meant for this to be a short post, but, uh, I got a bit carried away for which I apologise)

You make excellent points, and I can definitely see where you're coming from. You're not the first person to make the statements regarding the gear avalanche too. Nioh 2 is not going to let up on that even remotely if anything I think it's going to get worse.

Aumanor posted:

I seem to be alone in this, but I consider this to be the single worst level in the entire game. Instant death pitfalls in games that rely on mobility as much as this one loving suck and this entire level felt like you couldn't dodge twice in the same direction without a quick trip back to the shrine.

I hated it the first time I went through but the level did teach me a lot about spacing, dodging and positioning in a way I'd been taking for granted up to that point. Honestly it's a miracle I didn't sploosh once the entire level.

anilEhilated posted:

Now the next story mission, that can go gently caress right off.

Oh man I am looking forwards to seeing some people's reactions to the next major story mission, but that's not the next update cause next update everyone loses their goddamn katanas again.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Invest some money into buying everybody a wrist strap for their legendary katanas.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
I really hate a certain enemy that's a wind aspected Yokai. And another enemy that's a Water aspected Yokai.

There's a fight where you have to fight both at once, and its possibly the easiest dual boss in the game, because these dual bosses are not loving around.

Edit: That said, The AXEMAN is a great fight, except when I did it. Because I went through the game with an Axe, because Nioh's axe moveset basically turns you into Astaroth from Soul Caliber, with less range. This includes grabs.

The low stance combo ender, if you pull it off right, just tosses enemies, including off bridges and cliffs if you get it right. You can see where I'm going with this.

Fivemarks fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Nov 30, 2019

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Episode 16

Yeah wow I can see why everyone is after the assistance of two people allied to a clan of do nothings that can't even hold their katanas for five goddamn seconds but hey this episode features a cool new level and a fresh new Yokai here to make our lives hell-suffering.

I've also included the profiles for the two new Yokai types we saw last video to this one because boy howdy my life got a bit busy there last week.

Episode 16: “Heir to the Nioh” and “The Conspirators” - Youtube | Polsy

Characters

Kobayakawa Hideaki
Entry 3: Clear “The Conspirators”

Yokai

Lesser Umi-Bozu
Entry 2

Karakasa Umbrella – A Yokai in the form of a parasol, with a penchant for leaping out and scaring people. Its single leg is incredibly powerful which allows it to leap itself into the air and perform a variety of acrobatic feats that might seem impossible, and it can also project spines from the 'ribs' of the umbrella to inflict paralysis. Though not particularly strong, the Karakasa Umbrella is a challenge to pin down long enough to attack.
Entry 1

Amrita Fiend (Fire, Wind, Water, Earth, Lightning) – When a Yoki has condensed Amrita driven into its body its power increases immensely, at the cost of what little counts for a mind in this kind of Yokai. These large spikes of Amrita are typically attuned to an element that the Fiend can draw on for its attacks, but there is a drawback to this much power. Should one attack the Amrita Fiend with the element matching that of their spikes, it is possible to overload them with energy to the point their body can no longer control it and cause a violent explosion that tears the fiend asunder.
Entry 1

Raven Tengu – Tengu are bird-like humanoids that occupy different mountainous regions of Japan. Gifted with the power to manipulate the elements of wind with little effort, these yokai are able to raise themselves into the sky upon their wide-spanning wings, and fling great blasts of wind at their enemies. Their motivations appear opposed to Buddhism and often they attempt to lead the pious into ruin whilst also adopting the guise of priests themselves, but are not above using the signature travelling staves as a bludgeon in direct combat.
Entry 1

Yokai Spirits
Hi-nezumi
Aya-komori

TheLastRoboKy fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Dec 4, 2019

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

That "Pacman on crack clip" hasn't been erased. It's from AMV Hell 0 in this case. I recall the rest of that clipshow wasn't that great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX9R2wxtkiY

Edit:
Another good example of a game losing its soul after ages of development is Too Human.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Dec 4, 2019

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
20:13 Truly you have wowed us with your dazzling intellect.

Edit: And then you start trying to parry stuff. The fastest of turn arounds.

cokerpilot fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Dec 4, 2019

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
Now that one has appeared, I can safely say: gently caress Tengu.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Additional Pacifist/Spear notes: in Mistborn the resident pacifists are able to roid themselves out for some amount of time and in more ways than one can normally roid (in addition to strength, speed, agility etc. you also get weird things like memory boosting, visual acuity and sheer mass even.)
Also spears suck because the one problem with the pointy bit of metal on the end of a stick... Is the pointy bit of metal on the end of it that allows crazy metal-based physics powers to work on it. Which is why perfectly normal (if well made) sticks are the weapon of choice against metal-physics wizards :v:

Regarding the myth about the 'princess sends a dude to accomplish the impossible task of skinning a particular rat' because I actually know the cliffnotes version of this one:

The princess in question was found in some bamboo by a humble bamboo cutter. In addition to now having a loving wife and a beautiful daughter, every time he cut some bamboo he found a gold nugget (which is why she's a princess, dad used all that gold to buy status and provide for them.)
Being a babe in a japanese myth, naturally the princess is beset by a bevy of suitors, five of them which have enough status that she can't simply ignore them. So she instead sends them on impossible tasks to keep them from marrying her.

First dude: Go get the Buddha's begging bowl. From the actual Buddha himself.
Second dude: Go get a jeweled branch from a tree that is found on an island that doesn't exist and is also full of ghosts (Horai Island, to be specific.)
Third dude: Go get the 'robe of the fire rat' which is the task referred to in the video.
Fourth dude: Get a jewel from the neck of a dragon.
Fifth dude: Get a cowrie shell born from swallows. Note: cowrie shells are those tiny shells where the open side looks like a mouth with tiny teeth on them. Not typically something you'd find from a bird, African or European.

1-3 dudes get expensive forgeries made (that don't pass muster), the 4th dude runs into a storm and nopes out of the task there, and the 5th dude dies in his attempt.

Next up: the Emperor himself! Who she shuts down because she's not from his country and thus shouldn't marry him.
Because she's from the moon.
Like, actually from the moon.

Soon after she tells her parents that 'well my time here is nearly done, I'll have to go back home to the moon soon.'
And the Emperor is all like 'what you can't go back, we're having a great time here i don't want you to go back GUARDS stand guard outside her house stays safe and hopefully in her house.'
When the Moon Entourage comes down to bring the princess back, they use their magic moon powers to blind said guards to keep them from interfering while the princess writes a farewell letter to the emperor, leaves a gift (some freakin' elixir of life) and puts on a magic cloak of feathers that makes her forget her humanity (or love of, I don't quite remember) and she goes back to the moon.

The Emperor, distraught, refuses the elixir because 'what good is eternal life if SHE'S NOT IN IT!?' and instead orders it burned on the peak of the highest mountain.
And that's how Mt. Fuji got it's name.

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Dec 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

cokerpilot posted:

20:13 Truly you have wowed us with your dazzling intellect.

Edit: And then you start trying to parry stuff. The fastest of turn arounds.

My brain giveth and it taketh away.

Fivemarks posted:

Now that one has appeared, I can safely say: gently caress Tengu.

A perfectly normal reaction to Tengu. You can learn their patterns but the game will still put them in places that makes all that learning less than useful.