Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
As requested in the video I am here to bug Coolguye about a revenge prank video clip.

EXTREME EDIT: UPDATE ON LAST PAGE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

it's "keh-beh-kwah", not "kweh-beh-kaw" :)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

kwee-bee-kwoyss

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Not going to lie I thought you were all correcting me on Japanese pronunciation again.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Legend of the Mystical Ninja Goemon, starring Fernandez.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Hypothesis: All-British anime dub, Osaka is dubbed as Manchester. The full Liam/Noel Gallagher.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

cokerpilot posted:

As requested in the video I am here to bug Coolguye about a revenge prank video clip.

EXTREME EDIT: UPDATE ON LAST PAGE

oh god i don't remember what this was anymore :cripes:

what is the timestamp on that in the video

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Coolguye posted:

oh god i don't remember what this was anymore :cripes:

what is the timestamp on that in the video

31:48 Is When that conversation starts. You mention the linking it around 32:13

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Episode 31

Episode 31: Sekigahara - Youtube | Polsy

There were big fights, and there was one big fight that decided the path of a nation. The great conflict between Tokugawa Ieyasu and Ishida Mitsunari finally comes to a head and while being told this isn't his fight, William knows Edward Kelley is out there.

Characters

Kobayakwa Hideaki
Entry 4: Clear “Sekigahara”

Tokugawa Ieyasu
Entry 3: Clear “Sekigahara”

Shima Sakon
Entry 2: Clear “Sekigahara”
Entry 3: Defeat Shima Sakon Three Times

Ishida Mitsunari – From a young age Ishida Mitsunari was groomed as a retainer for Toyotomi Hideyoshi, and the talented young man rose to become one of the Toyotomi's Justice Ministers. When the Tokugawa made moves to take control in the wake of Hideyoshi's death, Mitsunari in turn began rallying allies and marshalling forces to defeat them. Loyalty and Justice are the notions that drive Mitsunari, and his convictions have made him far more enemies than allies.
Entry 1: Clear “The Demon of Mount Hiei”

Otani Yoshitsugu (Human, Yokai) – A fellow Minister of Justice during the Toyotomi rule of Japan, Yoshitsugu shares a deep bond with Ishida Mitsunari that has seen him side with his friend in the war of East versus West. Though his body is ruined by disease and his death is surely looming, the talented general does not resign himself to a bed to pass away quietly, instead seeking whatever means he can to help his close friend as much as he can.
Entry 1: Clear “Sekigahara
Entry 2: Defeat Otani Yoshitsugu three times

Amrita Memories

People

White-Hooded General from “Sekigahara”
Too Good from “Sekigahara”

Background

Gyobu's Mountain Stronghold: Yamanaka Castle from “Sekigahara”
Dispersed Among Clouds and Mists from “Sekigahara”

Guardian Spirits

Kara-jishi

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

NINJA HOOOOOOOOUSE is the coolest level in the game, but this one is my favorite. It's chaotic and everything is happening all at once. Unfortunately THE WORST LEVEL IS NEXT :negative:

Shima Sakon is a truck and you made him look way too easy. Powerful Maria of the Clocktower getting your butt kicked often and vigorously vibes.

Glad you mentioned Drifters, show was ridiculous (haven't read the manga). The opening part definitely got me interested in learning more about Sekigahara

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Don't know what it was about this level but it drove me up the wall. I managed to get lost and turned around so much that by the time I reached the boss fights I was just ready to be done with the game.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Episode 32

Episode 32: Chaotic Battles - Youtube | Polsy

The madness of war has given way to the insanity of the Yokai, and William has to face down the greatest threat the Tokugawa forces will ever encounter... Kuroda Nagamasa's headwear choices.

Characters

Kuroda Nagamasa
Entry 3: Clear “Kuroda's Determination”

Amrita Memories

Background

Vengeful Cadaver from “The Source of Evil”

Yokai

Gasha-dokuro – Created by the dark magic of Edward Kelley, this massive skeleton is composed of thousands of grudge-filled souls who have perished at Sekigahara. It projects its morbid energy-sapping ki throughout the area around it, enhanced even further by spikes of Amrita scattered about the battlefield.
Entry 1
Entry 2
Entry 3

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Not sure if you can or want to do anything about it but at the very very end of the video Coolguye"s adiuo seems to suffer a major drop off.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Gasha-Dokuro's level is miserable, and the boss fight is a struggle with the camera because hoo boy this game cannot handle giant bosses at all. Roboky made this look waaaaaaaaay easier than it is, probably because of experience because the first time is NOT FUN.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

cokerpilot posted:

Not sure if you can or want to do anything about it but at the very very end of the video Coolguye"s adiuo seems to suffer a major drop off.

Sometimes I think he's rocking back and forth in his chair a lot and and I give up.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
yeah that's probably more my fault than roboky's. i tend to be pretty mobile while commentating and it can be kind of a nightmare to edit me from time to time. :cripes:

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Okay, that is upping the hat game.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

The Gasha-dokuro is an absolute nightmare your first time through. If there is one thing Nioh really doesn't do particularly well, it's the fights with extremely big bosses like this and the Umibozu.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Yeah, there isn't really a "big" boss fight in this game that's any good except for one in the DLC because it understands what is required to make a large boss enjoyable.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

anilEhilated posted:

Okay, that is upping the hat game.

The best part is that it is real.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Wearing that to Sekigahara was one heck of a power move

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

(costume replica)

It'll keep the rain of arrows off your head.

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

IMJack posted:

(costume replica)

It'll keep the rain of arrows off your head.

Oh god how much does this weigh. Need a dedicated regime of neck exercise to even wear that hat.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Wait, that thing on top is a sheet of metal? I thought it was cloth. poo poo.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Just a bunch of feudal lords doing fashion wars while doing actual wars

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Quick research suggests the decoration was probably papier-mâché and lacquer, on a relatively plain metal helmet. They were referred to as "kawari kabuto", literally "strange helmet", showing there was at least some self-awareness at the time.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Nioh has a lot of kawari kabuto in it, and by that I mean actually referring to them by that category in the description. Kawari Kabuto definitely became the coolest form of warrior aesthetic of history as far as I'm concerned, with my personal favourites showing up in the DLC. It's kind of a three horse race in that regard, but you'll understand it and I'll mention it in the descriptions when we get to them.

But yeah, they didn't really have the metal to throw around making something like that, and I'm almost certain Nioh's description for the head-piece is exactly as IMJack describes it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Just looked it up and the item description claims "the skullcap is wood laid with silver leaf, and is lighter than it looks". Not sure if that applies to the decoration too.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Episode 33

Episode 33: “The Demon's Daughter” and “The Watcher in Darkness” - Youtube | Polsy

Time to beat up some small fry! There's still plenty going on after Sekigahara but hey, we can't let the little guys slip through the cracks. Especially the mages. Especially the mages rich enough to hire some familiar mercenaries.

Characters

Shima Sakon
Entry 4: Clear “The Demon's Daughter”

Saika Magoichi
Entry 4: Clear “The Watcher in Darkness”

Yokai

One-Eyed Oni
Entry 2

Nurikabe
Entry 2

Sentry
Entry 2

Guardian Spirits

Yatagarasu

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Rigged Death Trap posted:

The Dark Souls of feudal warfare :v:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
The fashion has been on point these past few updates, and I can hardly wait to see what else we have in store :allears:

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Ah, Yatagarasu. The coolest guardian spirit in the game, it's such a shame it's pretty much useless.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Episode 34

Episode 34: A Defiled Holy Mountain - Youtube | Polsy

The Ishida forces flee, but is it from the pursuing forces of the Tokugawa, or is it actually William's hat, as it threatens to go ruining all the cutscenes?

Characters

Tenkai
Entry 2: Clear “A Defiled Holy Mountain”

Ishida Mitsunari (Yokai Form)
Entry 2: Clear “A Defiled Holy Mountain”
Entry 3: Defeat Ishida Mitsunari three times

Amrita Memories

People

The Defeated from “A Defiled Holy Mountain”
Loyalty Above All from “A Defiled Holy Mountain”

Background

Sacred Mountain, Divine Breath from “A Defiled Holy Mountain”

Yokai

Raven Tengu
Entry 2

Guardian Spirits

Izuna

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se2GiQsVHWk

Here comes Hondam!

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Not sure I buy the Hideyoshi's "dream of a world without swords" that Mitsunari mentions here. Didn't he try to invade Korea?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

anilEhilated posted:

Not sure I buy the Hideyoshi's "dream of a world without swords" that Mitsunari mentions here. Didn't he try to invade Korea?

Sure did, though most video games try to avoid that. Nioh 2 covers a big chunk of Hideyoshi, and ultimately does help make a bit more sense of these things but at the same time doesn't? It's complicated.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

"The world will have no swords. Except for me. I will have all the swords."

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUpbOliTHJY

The greater good.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
It's arguable that Hideyoshi didn't have a ton of
good alternative choices to the whole "try to invade China via Korea" thing. He was a warlord and a commoner with fragile legitimacy sitting on top of what was effectively a war economy. If he didn't get all these crazy rear end samurai a project things might have fallen apart.

Unfortunately, a lot of Japanese media that depicts the Sengoku period just kind of skips from Hideyoshi finishing unification to Hideyoshi being dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

paragon1 posted:

It's arguable that Hideyoshi didn't have a ton of
good alternative choices to the whole "try to invade China via Korea" thing. He was a warlord and a commoner with fragile legitimacy sitting on top of what was effectively a war economy. If he didn't get all these crazy rear end samurai a project things might have fallen apart.

Unfortunately, a lot of Japanese media that depicts the Sengoku period just kind of skips from Hideyoshi finishing unification to Hideyoshi being dead.

Yeah, Hideyoshi pushing that invasion was definitely an attempt to keep the likes of the Shimazu and Date very busy, though ultimately it was its failure that diminished his name after his death and allowed Tokugawa to push for an actual end to conflict. On the matter of the invasion, I think the Japanese mostly like to just focus on their own personalities in the Sengoku Era and I suppose in a way it keeps them from also offending the Korean nations too much by reminding of the times they've done it.

Xarbala posted:

"The world will have no swords. Except for me. I will have all the swords."

Should've reminded everyone they would get to keep their swell hats.